IGNORED

Parts of fundiedom you miss?

GenerationCedarchip

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, zimona said:

But I still struggle with the emotional impact of having grown up in this very narrow and fundamentalist world. At times I struggle immensely with validating my own needs, my emotions - because "they are not important" - which is definitely an echo from the past, but a very persistent one and one that affects me very much in every-day-life...

This x10000. It's much easier to just defer to other's opinions or feelings because mine don't matter anyway.

I grew up IFB, but our church was definitely the fund-lite end of the spectrum--skirts/dresses for church but pants/jeans during the week, some homeschool kids, some Christian school kids, some public school kids, some working moms some stay at home moms...etc.

What I miss most is trying to find sneaky ways to hold hands with my crush during youth group.  I mean, there was NOTHING more naughty than getting handsy at church...except maybe kissing on the youth group hayride.  I knew I wasn't long for the Baptist world--then I was off to ebil Catholic college.

Oooh, I totally got handsy with a boy on a youth group hayride. We also made out in the parking lot after prayer meeting. Good times! He came from a rough background and I was expected to be the good Christian girl who fixed him. Yeah, that didn't quite work out.

Archived