IGNORED

TN Lawmaker Wants to Restrict Rest Room Use for Transgenders

roddma

It makes me embarrassed to live in Tennessee.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vj2H5nRAm3wJ:http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news/kingsport-lawmaker-to-file-bill-for-bathroom-use-by-birth-certificate-gender_98498849%2BTN+Lawmaker&hl=en&gbv=1&prmd=ivns&strip=1&vwsrc=0

It sounds provocative, but if I were transgender, I'd take a dump in front of his office. Don't want me to use the bathroom that matches my gender? I'll find another, more appropriate place to shit.

“When you were born, you got a birth certificate, and that shows what bathroom you use,” Hulsey told the TV station. “It’s pretty simple.”

So THAT'S what birth certificates are for, thanks for clearing that up! :music-tool:

I'd like to ask him how people like the Pennington Point kids would know which bathroom to use since they don't have birth certificates?? :think:

So THAT'S what birth certificates are for, thanks for clearing that up! :music-tool:

I'd like to ask him how people like the Pennington Point kids would know which bathroom to use since they don't have birth certificates?? :think:

Oh yes:greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingyellow:

I'd like to demand that he make his birth certificate public in the interest of fairness. The long-form one. Because unless we see it, for all we know he could be a woman...or a MUSLIM! From Kenya! /s

As another Tennessean who lives in this guy's area, ugh! And what about people who get their gender changed on their license and such? Do they go by the original birth certificate or the current DL/ID? How are they going to check for that anyway, because I don't see the state paying money to check that the "right" people are going to the bathroom? We don't have that kind of money.

This state is so backwards I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I have nothing productive to say. This guy (Hulsey) is a major asshole and this constant assholery towards the Transgender community makes me feel like screaming. What fucking right does anyone else have to insist someone is a gender they clearly aren't?! It's ducking 2015 for fucks sake! Grow the fuck up you fucking douchebag!!!!

In bathrooms, there are stalls so no one knows what you have. I wonder if he knows the odds are very slim you will attacked by an unknown assailant in the bathroom. The truth is we should keep our guard up no matter the genders around us..

^ True dat. Never know when a Jill Rodrigues might bust in trilling and shrilling at you about Jesus and how my church would love to host her performing family.

Could the thread title be changed from 'transgenders' to 'transgender people' please? 'Transgenders' is both incorrect and dehumanising a la the Maxwells' 'the elderly'. Thanks! 

Archived