Fundie Actor Dean Jones Dead at 84

DomWackTroll

hollywoodreporter.com/news/dean-jones-dead-disney-actor-819867

“I wouldn’t trade this for an Oscar,†Dean said of his Golden Pedo:

perseveronews.com/i-wouldnt-trade-this-for-an-oscar/

hollywoodreporter.com/news/dean-jones-dead-disney-actor-819867

“I wouldn’t trade this for an Oscar,†Dean said of his Golden Pedo:

perseveronews.com/i-wouldnt-trade-this-for-an-oscar/

Took me a minute to realize his award was from DPIAT.

I remember those Herbie movies, they were cute. Didn't know Dean Jones was such a "defender of the family" and all that.

I loved Dean Jones. I'm doubly sad now to find out he not only died, but was a fundie. How disappointing :(

I had no idea he was a fundie. :?

Corbin Bernsen is heading down that path as well. I wonder how Kay Chancellor would feel about that.

I read a bit more about his history, and it seems he was one of those either-or converts.

He was living a wild life, expecting that to fulfill him, had a serious car accident, and decided to go full-tilt for Jesus. It didn't seem to occur to him that there might be a happy medium.

I'm not sure he was what most of us would consider fundy -- just born-again, and admired by some of our usual suspects (like Dougie).

He had more money than he knew what to do with and spent it on lavish homes, fast Italian sports cars, and exotic vacations.

And women. Each night a different Hollywood starlet could be found on his arm—and just as often in his bed. Out of the spotlight, Jones' life was far from perfect. In fact, he was living a lie.

For years he had deceived himself into believing that the Hollywood lifestyle would satisfy him, but it had only left him depressed and suicidal. He addictively sought the comforting roar of audience approval, but such pursuits had only shattered his first marriage (which ended in divorce) and alienated him from his children. He began to see life as a pointless exercise in futility, to be managed by copious amounts of alcohol and a parade of affairs.

According to his autobiography, Under Running Laughter, Jones heard a voice in his spirit one evening, saying his lifestyle "will never satisfy you." He started thinking: Could I continue to deceive myself into believing that whatever vacuum existed within me would be filled in the future by more and bigger portions of that I'd consumed in the past?

Later, after a drunk-driving accident almost claimed his life, Jones reached his breaking point. Though he'd grown up in a religious home and even briefly attended Asbury, a Christian college in Kentucky, Jones had rejected the faith of his family. After his near-death accident, he was ready to stop running from God, crying out, "I've done everything in this world I thought would make me happy and it doesn't work. I have everything and I have nothing. I have no choice but to believe. If you don't exist, then I'm a dead man."

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/200 ... ml?start=1

Dean was awesome in "That Darn Cat" and the Love Bug movies I enjoyed as a kid (and own on DVD as an adult :D ). I recall reading someplace several years ago that Dean had gone fundy and was disappointed because a fundy would be appalled at the thought of several movies about a possessed car.

This news ruined my night. :(

I have so many fond memories of watching his movies with my grandmother. Black beards ghost and snowball express are two of my favorites.

Well, this will be a good excuse to give my husband to not watch the movies about those horrible little cars anymore! (He is a big VW guy, and his little "collection" has become the bane of my existence. Bugs have got to be the least reliable cars on the planet.)

It was hearing him sing "Being Alive" from Company that really made me love Sondheim. Then Raul Esparza came along and sang the shit out of the role of Bobby and I went "Dean who?"

Damn, I didn't know he was a fundie. How disappointing. Though I guess that explains why he never returned to Broadway. Too many ~filthy gayz~ for his liking.

Well, this will be a good excuse to give my husband to not watch the movies about those horrible little cars anymore! (He is a big VW guy, and his little "collection" has become the bane of my existence. Bugs have got to be the least reliable cars on the planet.)

I don't know much about the new Beetles, but i have a 1976 Super Beetle Convertible that my husband restored in 1983 with an 1800cc engine that will run the pants off any small car out there. I only drive it in the summer but it would go all year no problem. I drove a 1979 Super Beetle Convertible back and forth to college, through Pennsylvania winter and snow, and it never once let me down. Beetles are rare these days, your husband's collection is probably worth a pretty penny.

Haven't you ever seen "Sleeper"? LOL

My first car was a 1965 (I think) Beetle and I loved it so. His name was Alexander. My mum used to play me this song when I was a kid...Alexander Beetle, by Melanie

[bBvideo 560,340:25kigr29]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRSq5bWu8x8[/bBvideo]

I had no idea he was a fundie. :?

Corbin Bernsen is heading down that path as well. I wonder how Kay Chancellor would feel about that.

:o I won't be able to see Father Todd the same way again.

My first car was a 1965 (I think) Beetle and I loved it so. His name was Alexander. My mum used to play me this song when I was a kid...Alexander Beetle, by Melanie

[bBvideo 560,340:87gzdu81]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRSq5bWu8x8[/bBvideo]

Oh my goodness. It is so good to see another Melanie fan on this board. That's a perfect Beetle name :D

I don't know much about the new Beetles, but i have a 1976 Super Beetle Convertible that my husband restored in 1983 with an 1800cc engine that will run the pants off any small car out there. I only drive it in the summer but it would go all year no problem. I drove a 1979 Super Beetle Convertible back and forth to college, through Pennsylvania winter and snow, and it never once let me down. Beetles are rare these days, your husband's collection is probably worth a pretty penny.

Haven't you ever seen "Sleeper"? LOL

My first car was a '73 Super Beetle (not a convertible, sadly) that was a hand-me-down from my sister, my dad and I can't remember who before that. It wasn't a convertible, but did have some lovely holes in the floor where the bottom was rusted out. You could literally see the pavement under your feet from the passenger side. :lol: That was an awesome car!

Archived