IGNORED

23 Mins in Hell--wtf?!

JaChelle Sugar

The other day i saw this book 23 Minutes in Hell at the thrift store. Has anyone read this? It look's batshit. Like, why lure followers with honey, lets go right to vinegar--no wait, poison! Yeah!

I really hate fear tactics.

*riffles

A quick look at Amazon tells me this was published in 2006 written by a guy who claims he was actually in hell for 23 min before the strong hand of God lifted him out of the pit. Apparently the book did well enough to spawn several sequels including 23 Questions About Hell.

It's been reviewed 953 times and has an average rating of 4 stars.

Taken from a one star review:

{snip} I believe in visions and visitations. I've had them. However...we are warned in Scripture to test the spirits, and I don't think the author did this. His depictions of hell do not line up with the Scriptures. Pointy demons that torture simply aren't there. Demons don't torment in hell, they are tormented in hell; and in fact, in II Peter 2:4 we're told that most of the demons are in a different part of hell. So, I don't know. I only got a third of the way through it and then threw it. My opinion--if you want to know what hell is like, go to the pages of Scripture. It's free.

Pointy demons, huh? I guess this guy made some money fleecing gullible Christians.

Archived