IGNORED

induction cooking is fantastic.

doggie

I did not want a new stove my flat top sucks but my cooking is so simple and i use the oven so little that it would be a huge expense.

So I bought a portable induction cooktop. this one is 80.00 from amazon it has a auto off feature if you remove a pan. for 60 without that feature. so I had a bunch of pans that are metallic and would work I have some all-clad fry pans and cheap non stick. I had to buy a couple cheap t fall pots as my old calphalon aluminum ones won't work. I tested the t-fal with 1.5q of cold water to a boil in about 5 minutes. a better pan would do even better. my all-clad is ready to fry in maybe 8 seconds. the cool thing is yo can set it by temp so when frying and such it will maintain that temp. in them morning I cook sausage for my wife and bacon in the oven for me and eggs. on our stove I have to preheat one burner for the sausage for at least 5 minutes. and the other for a bit less but when frying the eggs I have to let the pan heat up and sometimes I forget. thats so hard on teflon. Now I fry the sausage in the usual 6" all-clad pan when done take it off put on my non stick and fry the eggs. so much power and time saved and no waiting so no destroying the teflon pans. this would be a great choice in a dorm or such since the unit does not get really hot like a portable burner would.

91mNQTgLHAL._SL1500__zpshqsubfjy.jpg

I've thinking of adding one of these to my Amazon wishlist. I never seem to have enough burners. Also, this would be handy to use outside because it's way to hot these days to cook with no a/c.

We had this at a house we were renting for a weekend seminar - and we were all fed up with it. You need special pots for it with exact the wright size and sometimes it didn´t work even than. And if it worked the food was often either too hot or it took ages. It was nearly a full-time job for 5 adults to cook one meal.... :lol:

You do have to have pans that metallic for sure so it takes some effort but all my all-clad work fine and none of my all aluminum pans work of course. You can get away with oversized pans a bit better on regular burners but I can use a small pan just fine. I found cheap pots that work fine with it you just bring a magnet with you to test the pan. It did take a little practice to figure out the temp just like any new stove. But I have no problem keeping a even temp and cooking well. Cooked my wife's sausage in a 6" pan then popped on my non stick raised the temp a bit and was cooking eggs in 20 seconds because the pan heats so fast. I find the pans are not as hot when I remove them when done. Want me to post a video of it?

Archived