IGNORED

Terry Jordan various issues - MERGED

SPHASH

Allegedly. Not proven. Innocent until proven otherwise.

This was a civil case so the measurement would be the preponderance of the evidence.

But why is anyone bothering to dig up - or publish - information about this guy? Although he's probably been seen a few times, Famy's father has never been featured on 19 Kids (I couldn't watch her "specials", but don't recall anyone saying much about him). This seems about as relevant as digging up dirt on a Duggar neighbor.

Wow. Court documents from 1991 that were dismissed in 1992 because the woman refused to answer medical questions. Keep it Klassy, Radar.

I have never, ever been so happy to not know any Duggars.

Weird. Another story I saw was that Terry Jordan was once falsely accused of giving a woman genital herpes, way back in 1991, but the accuser didn't show up to court and Jordan was awarded $500 in expenses.

I didn't know you could sue someone for giving you the herp

Dennis Rodman and Michael Vick were sued for allegedly spreading herpes.

I didn't know you could sue someone for giving you the herp

haha the help. That makes me laugh. People have sued on the grounds that the herp carrier didn't notify the sex partner of status. Unlike most other STDs, herpes can't be cured, hence the ability to sue for lifelong ramifications.

Robin Williams and Tony Bennett are the ones I can think of that had lawsuits (against them)

Bottom line if you get the herp and want to sue for damages, hope that you got it from someone rich, otherwise you're probably SOL.

haha the help. That makes me laugh. People have sued on the grounds that the herp carrier didn't notify the sex partner of status. Unlike most other STDs, herpes can't be cured, hence the ability to sue for lifelong ramifications.

Robin Williams and Tony Bennett are the ones I can think of that had lawsuits (against them)

Bottom line if you get the herp and want to sue for damages, hope that you got it from someone rich, otherwise you're probably SOL.

LOL great advice;)

I think that dumb content like this is revealing how difficult it is for the media to get a good scoop out of the Duggars these days. They are laying so low they mist be in a sub basement somewhere.

Did she ever actually directly say he was her biological dad? And just because he's not her biological father doesn't mean he's not her "real dad." He's the man who helped raise her.

That said, what is that dig about her love life. She's a normal 28 year old. Failed relationships and vulnerability are far from an uncommon occurrence for normal people. Hell, I'm 28, most of my relationships have been abusive, and I seem "strong" but I'm really quite vulnerable that I try desperately to hide by being a bit too prideful (especially in fights). My parents have been happily married since before I was born, my moms parents have been married for more than 58 years, my dad's parents were married for 54 years before his father died, only 3 people in my extended family ever divorced. Clearly, you can't blame my vulnerability and my bad relationships on instability.

I hardly see why this would matter to anyone who hasn't slept with him. Or anyone that has, since the woman never showed up in court. All this is doing is making people want to sympathize with the Duggars because now everyone related to the name is being thrown under the bus.

I hardly see why this would matter to anyone who hasn't slept with him. Or anyone that has, since the woman never showed up in court. All this is doing is making people want to sympathize with the Duggars because now everyone related to the name is being thrown under the bus.

But it would be OK for the DUggars. In "Growing up Duggar" they made some blanket statement about STDs one saying you had an 80% chance of getting an STD. Likewise, I doubt the credibility of this article.

But it would be OK for the DUggars. In "Growing up Duggar" they made some blanket statement about STDs one saying you had an 80% chance of getting an STD. Likewise, I doubt the credibility of this article.

I would totally buy the coffee table book, Random Shit The Duggars Believe Are Facts.

What bothers me about this article is that as a society we want kids growing up knowing that they have a family/caregivers. If Amy and Terry have stated this to be their relationship, what right does anyone have to step in and say otherwise?

People get shamed for not claiming their kids, but here we have a guy that is not doing that, so what's Radar's beef?

Like DuggarsTheEndisNear said on the herpes thread, this just garners more sympathy for the Duggars bc "now everyone related to the name is being thrown under the bus."

Radar approaches journalism like the Duggars approach almost everything-- they half ass it.

Wow, I could have gone my entire life not knowing this. Radar is really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.

It really is bizarre that these rags are trying to portray this stuff as 'ANOTHER SECRET JIM BOB HAS BEEN KEEPING'. In what way is anything to do with Amy or her family situation Jim Bob's 'jurisdiction'? These not only aren't really secrets (it was clear from the early specials that Amy was born out of wedlock, I think Deanna states that they waited many years to get married after Amy was born in her very first appearance on the show), but they have nothing to do with Jim Bob except that they are related to him. Why people think this has anything to do with Duggar House of Horrors is beyond me.

I don't find it remotely disturbing that Amy was born out of wedlock or the possibility that Terry isn't biologically her father (and since I don't pronounce 'route' as 'root', my first thought in reading that line was that she was saying he didn't have 'paternal rights'. Either way the meaning is ambiguous), the only thing about the situation that seems concerning to me is the fact that Terry was apparently abusive and threatening toward Deanna and the baby, and yet they ended up getting married. Hopefully he got his anger under control and there wasn't an abusive environment for Amy growing up, but I seem to remember the article about the restraining order saying Deanna dropped it a few days after filing, which seems like a red flag as something that happens a lot in abusive relationships, and that makes me uneasy in a way none of this other incidental stuff does.

Why is this news? Unless youre going to be having sex with them, or have had sex with them, other people's STD status is none of your business.

Also who cares about Terry, when was the last time he was actually on the show? Hes a minor part of it and shares none of the family's beliefs...now if Josh had given Anna herpes or something, that would be something to throw the Duggars under the bus for because of how hypocritical he is about sexual topics.

I would totally buy the coffee table book, Random Shit The Duggars Believe Are Facts.

Surely we could put together one hell of a thread!

Just because they're HORRIBLY misinformed on STIs doesn't mean that they're actually throwing their family members under the bus. Outright saying that a lawsuit that was dismissed on the grounds that the prosecutor never showed up is means a man has herpes and willingly/knowingly spread it to the woman (which is what the lawsuit would have proved if it had gone through and she had won) is COMPLETELY different than making some erroneous statement about STIs. So, what exactly is your claim here?

My point is the Duggars hint anyone who has sex out of marriage is dirty, yet it happened in their own family, but they are 'forgiven'. Furthermore, we don't know if this is even true so Im saying no more.

My point is the Duggars hint anyone who has sex out of marriage is dirty, yet it happened in their own family, but they are 'forgiven'. Furthermore, we don't know if this is even true so Im saying no more.

That was my point of posting this thread. I don't really care if Terry slept around cuz he doesn't preach abstinence but I don't see Boob and Mullet looking down on him like they allegedly did with Suze Keller. I do remember seeing Terry in the Josie birth VSE.

Archived