IGNORED

Terry Jordan various issues - MERGED

SPHASH

That was my point of posting this thread. I don't really care if Terry slept around cuz he doesn't preach abstinence but I don't see Boob and Mullet looking down on him like they allegedly did with Suze Keller. I do remember seeing Terry in the Josie birth VSE.

I think the objection that some of us have is the title of the thread, not so much the content.

That was my point of posting this thread. I don't really care if Terry slept around cuz he doesn't preach abstinence but I don't see Boob and Mullet looking down on him like they allegedly did with Suze Keller. I do remember seeing Terry in the Josie birth VSE.

Right, allegedly. Alleged by tabloids. Do you believe everything you read in tabloids?

Anyway, this whole thing is just ridiculous. Who gives a shit if Terry Jordan is Amy's biological father, if he gave someone herpes, etc. He's basically a random dude off the street. He's not a Duggar, he's not part of their propaganda machine, and this is all just incredibly disgusting.

I've watched the majority of Duggar esipode (expect for the Josie in NICU season) - has this Terry Jordan been on the show ever? I don't recall him in any of the Famy specials. If he was on, I might have blinked and missed him.

I suppose they are trying to spotlight any sort of sexual immorality remotely related to the Duggars. I agree that this is very far-reaching. I feel the same was about Michelle's lesbian sister.

God I hate that stupid reasoning! " oh, erm, it's totes cool if I post pointless/ judgmental/ salacious/ misogynistic/ hateful /untrue shit because , um, the Duggar's do it in some other way. Cause they are bad. Like with Suze Keller -- even though there is absolutely 0 evidence they in any way looked down on her-- but , um, yea, patriarchy!! :roll: "

This is disgusting. This guy is being publicly shamed for this twice over and there is zero reason for it.

There is so much more to discuss...

Radar scrapes the toilet bowl to get stories.

• 3 weeks later...

Crossposting from Amy's engagement thread. Amy says she's Cherokee on her dad's side. https://instagram.com/p/5538pgNkDT/?taken-by=amyduggar A member of the cherokee nation asks if she has papers. Deanna replies that yes, Terry is Cherokee, and they love it (but doesn't provide documentation). So I've been googling around, trying to get a look at Terry's family tree. I don't have experience in this area and I have no idea what I'm doing, no membership at ancestry.com or anything.

I found the restraining order mentioned at the top of this thread and now I'm distracted by the birth of a child in 1992 to Deanna Duggar. Amy was born around 1987. Am I reading this right? Who is the child? And the million dollar question that never gets answered: is Terry Amy's biological father? Please understand that ordinarily I wouldn't care, but if she claims Native American ancestry through him, they would have to be biologically related for it to be valid, imo.

Please chime in, FJ native americans and genealogists!

(restraining order that mentions 1992 childbirth here) http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploa ... dacted.pdf

I think his initial threat was supposed to have been in 1987 (or 86?) when Amy was born, and she's using it as precedent. Looks like she didn't file the peace bond until he threatened her again in 1992.

I think his initial threat was supposed to have been in 1987 (or 86?) when Amy was born, and she's using it as precedent. Looks like she didn't file the peace bond until he threatened her again in 1992.

Okay I didn't realize that was her example of a history of abuse. False alarm.

Crossposting from Amy's engagement thread. Amy says she's Cherokee on her dad's side. https://instagram.com/p/5538pgNkDT/?taken-by=amyduggar A member of the cherokee nation asks if she has papers. Deanna replies that yes, Terry is Cherokee, and they love it (but doesn't provide documentation). So I've been googling around, trying to get a look at Terry's family tree. I don't have experience in this area and I have no idea what I'm doing, no membership at ancestry.com or anything.

As I posted in that same thread a little while ago:

"Today the Cherokee Nations is more than 315,000 citizens strong, young and old. To be eligible for Cherokee Nation citizenship, individuals must provide documents connecting them to an enrolled direct ancestor who is listed on the Dawes Roll with a blood degree. CDIB/Tribal Citizenship is traced through natural parents. In cases of adoption, CDIB/Citizenship must be proven through a biological parent to an ancestor registered on the Dawes Roll."

And

"Cherokee Nation citizenship does not require a specific blood quantum. It does require that you have at least one direct Cherokee ancestor listed on the Dawes Final Rolls, a federal census of those living in the Cherokee Nation that was used to allot Cherokee land to individual citizens in preparation for Oklahoma statehood."

Source: cherokee.org/Services/TribalCitizenship.aspx

You do not have to have citizenship in the Cherokee Nation in order to be of Cherokee descent because they do not determine citizenship based off of genetic testing. If they can prove that Terry has a direct relative on the Dawes Roll - using original documentation like birth certificates - then they can be granted citizenship. . . but that doesn't mean he isn't still of Cherokee descent. It just means his ancestor was no living in that area of Oklahoma when the census used to create the Dawes Roll was taken.

Other federally recognized tribes have different ways of determining who is granted citizenship, but this is just the way the Cherokee decided to do things. Asking for proof of citizenship is helpful, but it's far from the only way to determine whether someone is of Cherokee heritage or not.

Right, allegedly. Alleged by tabloids. Do you believe everything you read in tabloids?

Anyway, this whole thing is just ridiculous. Who gives a shit if Terry Jordan is Amy's biological father, if he gave someone herpes, etc. He's basically a random dude off the street. He's not a Duggar, he's not part of their propaganda machine, and this is all just incredibly disgusting.

It also irks me because you don't have to be some horrible cheating jerk to get and give herpes. All it takes is one partner giving it to you, then some time after that you giving it to another partner. I don't care if someone has 100s of partners really, but acting like only horrible people spread herpes is disingenuous (something the Duggars are ACES at being!).

Archived