IGNORED

Duggar Molestation to be a Lifetime Movie

Buzzard

There have been a number of reality show themed L&O episodes. Some years ago, there was an SVU episode about the mother of a large family of adopted special needs kids where the dad was angling to get a reality show. This sounds like it's based on a real story, but I'm not sure if it was or not. There is actually so much SVU fodder in the people we discuss that I'm surprised that no SVU writers have taken ideas from FJ; I would have loved to see an SVU episode based on the implosion of VF, but I don't know if the true crazy could be contained in a single 45 minute episode.

Maybe a two parter? Or a crossover with Chicago P.D? Who knows? Dick Wolf and his writers are clever.

I would love to see something based on the Duggars, VF or Gothard. Or even just a general fundie related one about parents who have a million kids and use Pearl style discipline.

Sorry about not putting my animated picture under a spolier tag.

I didn't see where I could do that (Silly me I thought it would be labeled or something

I now see, that by hovering over the icons it plainly tells you what they are; I see spoiler tags is the fourth one on the bottom row.

It won't happen again.... The more you know...

(By the way, thanks for fixing it)

Don't do this to me - I totally bought this :lol: and sat screaming and laughing tears in my living room :embarrassed: . Shortly reminded of the Will and Kate movie (sweet and innocent, nothing special).

I would watch a Duggar movie. And I am sure there will be a critical one in my lifetime (pun intended), but I will be an old ungodly (in terms of fundie categories) lady by then :pray: .

Yet alone the wigs for the female actrisses will cost a fortune...

I'm all for snark, but I think this thread is mean and misleading. There IS no movie, it was a prank from a stupid site like my son read on the Net when he was a teenager.

I think that this needs to go away. There were 5 people victimized. This rumor thread does not help them or us.

I'm all for snark, but I think this thread is mean and misleading. There IS no movie, it was a prank from a stupid site like my son read on the Net when he was a teenager.

I think that this needs to go away. There were 5 people victimized. This rumor thread does not help them or us.

Do I hear clucking?[emoji57]

Please, there are so many more things to be offended by than the topic of a Lifetime movie.

Well, there's that element of closure that SVU provides -- the Bad Guys almost always go to jail, and the Victims get set up with counseling and other help as needed. The SVU world consistently has actual justice.

OT and I know I am extremely immature, but when they say, at the intro to the show, something like these crimes are particularly heinous does anyone's head automatically change it to anus and do a little mind giggle or is it just me? I know it's serious stuff. I just can't help myself. :embarrassed:

My first thought was "Adam Baldwin, NO!" I like him. I hate Jim Bob. Bones also did a Jersey Shore type episode which I greatly enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

Whew!

Although... I do think I'd watch it the more I think about it!

In the hypothetical world where this happens will we be getting a recap? because I would read that.

Perhaps a thread title change.

OT and I know I am extremely immature, but when they say, at the intro to the show, something like these crimes are particularly heinous does anyone's head automatically change it to anus and do a little mind giggle or is it just me? I know it's serious stuff. I just can't help myself. :embarrassed:

Well I do now

My first thought was "Adam Baldwin, NO!" I like him. I hate Jim Bob. Bones also did a Jersey Shore type episode which I greatly enjoyed.

:lol: ... I thought that Alec Baldwin suggestion was a joke! Funny, just how different our perspectives can be.

But leading in another direction, if Duggar-movie went 'parody', foregoing the molestation and focusing more on the family-dyanmic, like 'Duggars Save Christmas: NYC' - a dark-comedy, my silly casting is as follows...

• Bill Gothard ........Billy-Bob Thorton
  • JimBoob ........... Tim Heidecker or Will Ferell.
  • Michelle ............Kristin Wiig, Catherine O'Hara, or Amy Sedaris
  • Josh .................Michael Cera,
  • JohnDavid ..........Jonah Hill
  • Jana .................Dakota Johnson
  • Jill ...................Amanda Seyfried or Elizabeth Olsen
  • Jinger ...............Audrey Plaza
  • Jessa ................Kristin Stewart or Emma Stone
  • JoyAnna .............Dakota Fanning
  • Gil Bates ............Jim Carey

I dont know about that Miley Cyrus idea up-thread... maybe for 'future-Josie' - outta control teen!

Is it wrong that i want this so so so much to end up being true?? I know that this is a hot topic, that there are victims and all, but lifetime movies are always funny even if that is not their intention

Perhaps a thread title change.

Mods, I too support a thread title change. Let's not mix satire (or baseless rumors) with facts.

Suggestions:

"What IF Lifetime did a Duggar Molestation Movie"

Archived