IGNORED

Derick quit his job at Wal-Mart!

SPHASH

Saw it on Pickles FB page. Mods feel free to merge this thread if appropriate.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a really stupid time to give up his day job. Hopefully he's not boarding the grafting train.

I wonder if he left for reasons other than going to Nepal, as it has been rumored. He might have found a more lucrative position somewhere? Regardless, it does seem like an odd time to be quitting.

I have seen rumors the Dullards are heading back to Nepal.

Whatever will JimBob do???? He didn't mean for them to ACTUALLY serve anyone other than him. Derick is wise to get his wife the hell out of Arkansas.

I agree RE getting the hell out of Arkansas right now, though I'm sure they'll be back.

For those who will bash Derick leaving his job, tax accountants are VERY employable. I just learned last weekend that they can make 80% (or more) of a full-time salary by contracting during tax season. It's actually a very good job to have if you want flexibility.

I wonder if he left for reasons other than going to Nepal, as it has been rumored. He might have found a more lucrative position somewhere? Regardless, it does seem like an odd time to be quitting.

Where would the baby stay? They can't convince anyone that they're going as missionaries if they'll be hauling around a baby.

Just based on the timing, I would wonder if Wal-Mart asked him to resign because they don't want to be in the middle of the controversy over the child molestation?

Just based on the timing, I would wonder if Wal-Mart asked him to resign because they don't want to be in the middle of the controversy over the child molestation?

I would hope that Wal-Mart has the capacity to see that Derick is not Josh and should not be held accountable for Josh's actions. I don't know, it doesn't seem like Wal-Mart is in any kind of hot seat for employing Derick. I can understand if this decision was reached amicably because Derick has been needing a tremendous amount of time off work lately. But I don't think Wal-Mart would ask Derick for a resignation over an event that happened long before Derick even came into the picture and an event that Derick was not involved in.

Where would the baby stay? They can't convince anyone that they're going as missionaries if they'll be hauling around a baby.

Missionaries take their kids with them all the time (on long-term trips, not short-term ones).

It should be pretty easy to verify whether or not this is true. Pickles' proof is his auto-reply, so if someone wants to know if this is for real, you can just email his Walmart address and see if you get the same auto-reply.

It should be pretty easy to verify whether or not this is true. Pickles' proof is his auto-reply, so if someone wants to know if this is for real, you can just email his Walmart address and see if you get the same auto-reply.

Someone already did this in the other Jill thread. It's legit.

He might be on leave for the new baby. What's the auto-reply say? Companies sometimes suspend accounts when employees go out on leave.

I just did with my fake e-mail, and, yep, I got the same response. Seems legit, unless someone went to the trouble of making a fake Derick Walmart e-mail address.

I should've figured this was being discussed elsewhere. 8-)

He might be on leave for the new baby. What's the auto-reply say? Companies sometimes suspend accounts when employees go out on leave.

The baby has lost the new car smell...no way he is on leave. Plus the auto-reply proves that too.

The baby has lost the new car smell...no way he is on leave. Plus the auto-reply proves that too.

Not really the point. He gets 3 months for fmla

I doubt it. Can you imagine the conversation in the Wal-Mart boardroom?

"We have to do something about the people we employ! We're drowning in controversy!"

"By god, we've held strong through decades of lawsuits and boycotts. We already pay our cashiers a whole ten cents above minimum wage* and I'll be damned before we pay them one cent more."

"No, I'm talking about that guy in accounting whose brother-in-law was in the tabloids!"

*speaking from personal experience, not that I'm bitter or anything

I might be in the minority here, but good for them. The 9 to 5 small-town Arkansas life might not be a good fit for this young couple - Derick sounds like an adventurous person.

I was assuming at first that this break was in response to the Josh scandal, but wasn't there a clip showing their announcement of a big change BEFORE the scandal broke?

I'm all for people switching up their life if they so desire, especially when young and with a portable breastfeeding baby. We only get the one shot at life (far as I know) so why not try to make what we want of it?

Just somebody please tell me the Dillards are NOT heading to Nepal!?!? That's more foolhardy than adventurous at the moment, surely. I've been to Nepal and enjoyed it, but the country sounds devastated and dangerous now.

Archived