FundieFarmer

The part where JB interjects and says that he thought Megyn said pedophile and then goes on to say blah, blah, blah.. Well, Megyn actually said child molester. Twice. I believe that he had memorized what to say ahead of time and heard what he wanted to hear, even though she didn't say it in the conversation leading up to his interjection.

And can we discuss just how flared JBs nostrils were during the entire interview? The man is enraged!

I hope he suffers the consequences of suggesting the police chief has a vendetta or took a bribe.

I also hope someone looks into the pedo cop in jail. Does he have a motive to lie? 56 years is a long time, does he even have hope for parole?

Oh, and the witness? This makes it sound even more BSey. It's no good to just say you have a witness, they kind of have to make a statement. If it is john David Im going to puke. :evil-eye:

A little off topic but I'm not sure where it would fit. Does anyone else remember a new poster that started two new threads under the Duggar section entitled "incest" just a week or two before the news broke? They were asking about if we thought there was much incest happening in these type of families. They were seeking information and opinions and in more than a casual way. The threads were deleted.

I would love for the admins to try and reach that poster. I figure it has to be either in touch reporters or someone doing research for damage control.

The reason they seemed so sketchy, was because they were saying what they thought people wanted to hear, without having an iota of a clue, about what people wanted to hear.

I've always gotten that sensation from them. They spent a lot of time on the show trying to look "normal" but since they're not normal, they don't know how to do it.

A little off topic but I'm not sure where it would fit. Does anyone else remember a new poster that started two new threads under the Duggar section entitled "incest" just a week or two before the news broke? They were asking about if we thought there was much incest happening in these type of families. They were seeking information and opinions and in more than a casual way. The threads were deleted.

I would love for the admins to try and reach that poster. I figure it has to be either in touch reporters or someone doing research for damage control.

I remember that poster. Both threads were started after midnight US time. That and something else I don't recall had me thinking they were posting from Europe. The username was cakoue.

This part was my favorite:

Well, to be fair, if another existed, we wouldn't know about it. :lol:

Thanks for these posts, FundieFarmer.

About the trip to the police when Josh confess everything. In the police report it says:

"James said that one of the church elders, he and (Josh) had gone to Cpl. Hutchins office at the State Police headquarters and that (Josh) had admitted to Cpl. Hutchins what he had done (...) James said that Cpl. Hutchins told him that since he had already put through a treatment program, there was nothing else to do."

But from the Megyn Keller interview (talkin about when Josh's confession to the police/turning in to authority was over):

Megyn: When that was over... you think it's over I assume?

JB: We didn't know, we didn't know. A few weeks went by, a few months went by, and...

Megyn: You're waiting...

JB: Yes (and Michelle nods.)

Megyn:... when the door bell is ringing, you're wondering whether someones there to arrest him?

JB: Right.

I see this as a big inconsistency and to me it does not make sense(*). So in the interview (just before the part above) JB and M say they were terrified when Josh was going to the police, because they didn't know what was going to happen, if he was going to be arrested and taken away, if they were going to open an investigation to the whole family etc. I would think it would be the biggest relief in the world at that moment, when after Josh confessed and the police officer end it all by telling Jim Bob that since Josh has been in a treatment prorgam already, there is nothing else to do. So there's JB and M's answer, nobody was going to arrest Josh or take him away. But still they spent months and months after this worrying every time the door bell rang because someone might come to arrest Josh?

(* One can argue that Jim Bob and Michelle still worried because they didn't trust the police or worried that someone with the authorities with an agenda would find a way to take Josh away even though they police told Jim Bob it's basically over, unless Josh continued his behaviour. But I can't see how Jim Bob would take Josh to the police if he felt there was ever a chance for Josh to get arrested and sent away to a real juvenile program with other sex offenders.)

Q 05. You have clearly and repeatedly stated to the men who enter into courtship and engagement with your daughters that physical contact during courtship stops before hand holding and physical contact during engagement stops before kissing, as well as that any violation of these boundaries is a violation of the purity of your daughters. If Derek or Ben had touched the breasts and/or pelvic area of Jill or Jessa before marriage, without a doubt you would have kicked him to the curb and told him never to show his sorry face on your property ever again. Why then do you protect your son - who did touch these intimate places in a clandestine fashion while not in a leads-to-marriage relationship - from the consequences of such behavior?

Great post. Would love to hear the response to this question in particular.

Jboob and Mrs. Jboob seem to be under the mistaken impression that they are the victims here.

Hi everyone! I've lurked here occasionally in the past. I started coming here again after the news broke. I always found this community to be sane and the voice of reason. I vaguely remember reading about "the sin in the camp", and forgot all about it. I think I just dismissed it at the time thinking it was just gossip.

In April, a good friend was in town, and we talked about the Duggars at length. We talked about the house Josh just bought in AK and the back taxes he owed. I questioned why he bought a house there when he lived in DC. I even said to her "Maybe there is a scandal on the horizon" because we both thought that JimBoob and Joshie gave us the creeps (as well as Michelle) Just total pervs, very controlling and smug. We agreed that they MUST be hiding some skeletons. When the news hit a few weeks later, I wasn't surprised at all, but at the same time, I was still shocked at how awful it really was.

Anyway I wanted to share this link. I read her blog regularly. She offers great insight. Not sure if I am posting the link properly?

https://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com

https://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com

Tree Frog: I wish you would copy & paste (or whatever) those questions on the main Duggar accounts for the leghumpers to think about.

Great job, FundieFarmer. Thank you so much. So, according to JB, if your victim is asleep inappropriate touching is not traumatic. I bet Bill Cosby agrees! :ew:

Archived