IGNORED

Political appearances

JMO

So Santorum is officially running for president and the Duggars have stumped for him and other candidates in the past. Huckabee has come out strongly supporting Josh/JB/Michelle. Will any candidates being photographed with the Duggars or use them for public appearance? Will Jessa still do talking appearances? What about JB and Michelle?

It would be interesting to see if Jessa can turn this into something where she is in demand. She and Ben seem to want to be and she could be the poster child for "forgiveness" easily. If being a power christian couple is their goal I can see many paths to get there, and this may just be a small bump on that path (the scandal, not the underlying issues obviously).

Santorum, to his credit, is openly disgusted. To his credit, his prayers are mostly for the girls. I don't care for the guy, but I appreciate somebody being concerned for the real victims.

Santorum, to his credit, is openly disgusted. To his credit, his prayers are mostly for the girls. I don't care for the guy, but I appreciate somebody being concerned for the real victims.

He's completely FOS. He has to distance himself more than anyone if he's going to have a melting snowball's chance in hell of surviving the first primary.

He knows there are hundreds of pictures of him with the Duggars - and most especially Josh who worked quite a bit on his 2012 campaign and I believe headed things up in Arkansas for him.

And we mustn't forget this little gem. The poor kids look like Josh dragged them out of bed at 3 am to film this.

[bBvideo 560,340:g9kvy4zn]

[/bBvideo]

I think Santorum knows he doesn't have a chance in hell to win.

I also think the Duggars are going to be completely off the radar for the upcoming elections. Things might change in the next year and a half, but I don't see them being very prominent in the 2016 election. Most politicians aren't going to want to touch them with a ten foot pole.

I'm sure it is politically calculated, but at least Santorum has said he is disgusted and is praying for the girls first and foremost.

I hate the guy, but he has acknowledged the poor girls as the victims more than their own PARENTS have. I will give him a tiny bit of credit for that.

I think any candidates who have photos of their opponents posing with the Duggars would do well to publicize them.

I think any candidates who have photos of their opponents posing with the Duggars would do well to publicize them.

Are there any serious Republican candidates who don't have pictures of themselves with the Duggars? I feel like Josh ingratiated himself with anyone who could tolerate him...

Yeah, ALL the Republican presidential contenders have been photographed with Josh Duggar thanks to the work he was doing with the FRC. Evangelical voters come out in droves for presidential primaries, so people like the Duggars are important for Republicans to court until the nominee is chosen. They then spend the rest of the election trying to swing back to the center.

I'm sure it is politically calculated, but at least Santorum has said he is disgusted and is praying for the girls first and foremost.

I hate the guy, but he has acknowledged the poor girls as the victims more than their own PARENTS have. I will give him a tiny bit of credit for that.

This was my thought too; We have no idea what he really thinks as it's first and foremost a PR statement, but it focuses on the girls, and I appreciated that. Perhaps it will have at least will served to remind some leghumpers that there is more to that family than Joshie.

• 4 months later...

He's completely FOS. He has to distance himself more than anyone if he's going to have a melting snowball's chance in hell of surviving the first primary.

He knows there are hundreds of pictures of him with the Duggars - and most especially Josh who worked quite a bit on his 2012 campaign and I believe headed things up in Arkansas for him.

And we mustn't forget this little gem. The poor kids look like Josh dragged them out of bed at 3 am to film this.

[bBvideo 560,340:2es048ln]

[/bBvideo]

Sorry for bringing up such an old thread (still catching up on things since early May) but THANK YOU for the laughs, JenniferJuniper! I had not seen this video before and it definitely made my day!

[bBvideo 560,340:gtuda8zm]

[/bBvideo]

Wow that's really bad lol.

Ugh, again with Michelle and the "precious children" mentality.

Stop smugging, Smuggar.

What the hell was wrong with Michael there? Poor kid looked completely blitzed out on pixie stix or something.

I didn't understand a word Mackynzie said.

Jana looks the most awake here, and easily the most animated I've seen her, ever.

Is that Hannie at 2:11? I can barely understand her, and she also looks so over this shit.

Jill looks like she's trying really hard not to giggle here.

Yes, Jessa, we need a presidential candidate who defends "traditional marriage" because it's such an upset to your way of life if the ebil homosexuals can get married and have the same civil rights and benefits as heterosexual couples. :roll:

Heh, Jinger looks like she doesn't believe a word of her own spiel.

At this point, Joseph is just repeating previous talking points about family values.

Poor Joy looks like she just rolled out of bed, I'll bet they really did film this in the early AM.

:roll: over gun rights and Keystone Pipeline points.

Boy, Jackson looks young. They all keep repeating the family values stuff, couldn't anyone have done a bit more homework to find other issues that Santorum stands for?

:lol: at Jenny liking his sweater vest and her own sticker.

Seeing Josie being prompted to say, "I love you, Rick!" Just makes me sad.

They are now promoting Huckabee's dvd's using a referral ID...

inquisitr.com/2481580/duggar-family-mike-huckabees-team-back-up-political-promotion/

Those kids all seem like they have puffy, red eyes.

Joy's eyes look downright painful.

Family values, pro-life, no homos, blah blah blah.

Jana seemed pretty excited, bless her heart. ;)

"Mr. Trump meets the Duggars - a Very Special Episode".......

Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!

:nenner:

Now that would be an absolutely surreal interaction to watch. Although, I'm certain Trump isn't fundie enough for him. He couldn't even name his favorite bible verse when asked. MUCH too worldly!

Archived