IGNORED

According to Jessa Duggar, atheists don't exist

DGayle

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about y'all, but I, for one, do think my hatred of olives has the same moral weight as the belief that killing people wrong.

Link

So we atheists don't exist, and somehow science proves creation.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [deep breath] BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whatever/they're fucknuts

Wow! Thank you Jessa and Bin. All my life I thought I was an atheist but now I realize that I was very wrong. You guys have shown me that, underneath, I've been a believer all along. Because there ARE NO ATHEISTS. Why, look around. The proof is everywhere. And I just never saw it. (Honestly, I still don't see it, but, whatever.). You guys know the truth about creation and stuff so thank you. Praise god, I thought the earth was much older and I bought into the whole evolution ruse because I used to LOVE Richard Dawkins' books (have you read the Selfish Gene? Probably not.), and Sam Adams and, oh, Christopher Hitchens! But what was I thinking, I will read them no more! Because there are no atheists.

I have no words. This was the biggest waste of 7 and a half minutes of my life. I'd like to be able to accept this as just stupidity, but as an atheist, I'm also mildly insulted. I can't get over the narrow-mindedness of these people! :angry-banghead:

Edited to add: saying that the Bible is evidence that God exists is just ridiculous! Oh my goodness! I just can't :pull-hair:

I have no words. This was the biggest waste of 7 and a half minutes of my life. I'd like to be able to accept this as just stupidity, but as an atheist, I'm also mildly insulted. I can't get over the narrow-mindedness of these people! :angry-banghead:

Edited to add: saying that the Bible is evidence that God exists is just ridiculous! Oh my goodness! I just can't :pull-hair:

Yep. The old circular logic. I. Just. Can't. Either.

Was it Jessa's turn to fix the tater tot casserole or was her little buddy sick with flu the day Michelle taught the meaning of logical fallacies at Duggar U?

Was it Jessa's turn to fix the tater tot casserole or was her little buddy sick with flu the day Michelle taught the meaning of logical fallacies at Duggar U?

You are making a huge assumption, thinking that Michelle has even heard of a logical fallacy (or logic for that matter). :)

You are making a huge assumption, thinking that Michelle has even heard of a logical fallacy (or logic for that matter). :)

Hahahaha,true enough!

...or that Michelle actually taught at Duggar U....

Gosh this guy's silly. Equating a dislike of anchovies on pizza with a dislike of murder - I hope I don't need to point out how stupid that is. You know what's cool about people saying that they don't like anchovies on a pizza? It's the fact that they personally reached that conclusion. They tried anchovies on a pizza, and then they thought "nah not in to it". God didn't tell them to think that. No one told them to think that. They thought that all by themselves. That's pretty revolutionary! That's called "thinking independently". I have a lot more respect for someone who independently concludes that they dislike anchovies, than for someone who thinks murder is wrong because their imaginary friend told them so.

Apparently thinking murder is wrong is totally invalid unless I follow it with "because God thinks so". Because otherwise it's just my opinion, kind of like a food or colour preference :) . I can't just be a somewhat decent human citizen, who respects and cares for people. Because according to this noisy bigot, I only have a few fleeting nice feelings for people because God put them there...? God revealed how to be nice to every person...? Why didn't God reveal himself to Stalin? Yes it upsets me when people are cruel (bad baking soda!) because I have a strong sense of empathy. Or has God super-extra revealed himself to me? 8-) For an atheist, it is a willful decision to be a decent person. He's right, atheists don't need to follow any moral code at all. Atheists answer to no one. Doesn't that mean more, being a good person, as an atheist? More than being good because God says so? If you're only being a good person because that's what God says you should do if you want to go to heaven, then you're not really a good person. You're only being a good person to win a celestial prize. Then that's insincerity. God really hates that. If there was no heaven or afterlife or reward, would you still be a good person? Atheists do it every day.

Maybe these people are all stoners? Maybe Bin actually is taking fat bong tokes when the camera's off? This just sounds a lot like something high kids would talk about. I kind of feel like I've had this conversation before...

Gosh this guy's silly. Equating a dislike of anchovies on pizza with a dislike of murder - I hope I don't need to point out how stupid that is. You know what's cool about people saying that they don't like anchovies on a pizza? It's the fact that they personally reached that conclusion. They tried anchovies on a pizza, and then they thought "nah not in to it". God didn't tell them to think that. No one told them to think that. They thought that all by themselves. That's pretty revolutionary! That's called "thinking independently". I have a lot more respect for someone who independently concludes that they dislike anchovies, than for someone who thinks murder is wrong because their imaginary friend told them so.

Apparently thinking murder is wrong is totally invalid unless I follow it with "because God thinks so". Because otherwise it's just my opinion, kind of like a food or colour preference :) . I can't just be a somewhat decent human citizen, who respects and cares for people. Because according to this noisy bigot, I only have a few fleeting nice feelings for people because God put them there...? God revealed how to be nice to every person...? Why didn't God reveal himself to Stalin? Yes it upsets me when people are cruel (bad baking soda!) because I have a strong sense of empathy. Or has God super-extra revealed himself to me? 8-) For an atheist, it is a willful decision to be a decent person. He's right, atheists don't need to follow any moral code at all. Atheists answer to no one. Doesn't that mean more, being a good person, as an atheist? More than being good because God says so? If you're only being a good person because that's what God says you should do if you want to go to heaven, then you're not really a good person. You're only being a good person to win a celestial prize. Then that's insincerity. God really hates that. If there was no heaven or afterlife or reward, would you still be a good person? Atheists do it every day.

Maybe these people are all stoners? Maybe Bin actually is taking fat bong tokes when the camera's off? This just sounds a lot like something high kids would talk about. I kind of feel like I've had this conversation before...

The bolded are my always thoughts whenever people bring up the 'atheists have no morals', or 'without religion, society wouldn't have any morals' arguments. It's just ludicrous!

This is the most idiotic thing I've read in a long time... *Sigh* Sorry Sewald's but we come from monkeys... :oops:

Actually, this guy is barely arguing for creationism. He's arguing for intelligent design. Is that where creationism is these days?

Though the Seewalds are idiots, it's not the first time I hear very religious people (not even fundies) saying that ''atheists can't exist''. So I'm not really surprised.

It's sad, but often they can't even phantom the idea that some people are nonbelievers. It's just not even something that can be considered for them.

that poor baby is screwed

In the words of one of the smartest humans (and bomb awesome person) Neil DeGrasse Tyson:

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.â€

Why can't science and religion coexist? Maybe God used science to create the world? Time after time religion deemed some poor scientist as a heretic and then ate their words later.

I DON'T EXIST!

*poofs into nothingness*

Oh, no, wait. Still here. Jessa is so ignorant it's almost kinda cute :3

This is my new favourite video ever.

We can NOT discount the validity of his infallible logic: Members of PETA DO believe that anchovies on a pizza is on the same level of moral damnedness as murder. It IS murder! :snooty: Obviously, since he was right about that, it stands he is right about everything.

Here I was just casually reading Freejinger this nice Saturday morning. Now I have an identity crisis, because apparently I do not exist.

But if I don't exist what am I? Secretly a Christian? Is this all a dream world? Dammit Jessa! :pink-shock:

I refuse to worship a human construct that has been used for almost 1700 years to oppress anyone who isn't a white heterosexual male.

In the words of one of the smartest humans (and bomb awesome person) Neil DeGrasse Tyson:

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.â€

Love Tyson's succinct quote. And, likewise, the fact that millions of people believe in god does not make it true.

Join me in the group that no longer exists.

Maybe this is the rapture they all talk about. *poof*. Suddenly all the atheists are gone! Whoops... Though wouldn't that give US the salvation? :lol:

Archived