IGNORED

"Join Us" documentary

NachosFlandersStyle

Has anybody seen this? I just watched it and it's really fascinating. It's about an extended family that leaves an abusive fundamentalist church and ends up in a rehab center that's designed specifically for people who are escaping cults. It shows the family slowly accepting that their pastor has exploited them and coming to terms with the abuse that has been inflicted on their children. Some of it is devastating.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is what became of the church. The movie was made in 2007 and its website seems mostly defunct. All I can find on Google about Mountain Rock Church is this post from 2011, which raises the possibility that the pastor is still at it: religiouscultsinfo.com/2011/05/update-raimund-melz-mountain-rock-church-pictures/

So does anybody know if Melz was ever held accountable? What happened with the family's lawsuit?

I would be very interested in seeing this. I'll have to see if the internet houses a copy.

I rented it on iTunes. But I'm not that great at Google (see above questions) so there may be a streaming version out there that I just didn't find.

I've never heard of this but it sounds interesting.

Same here. I will be adding this title to my watch list.

It's also available from Netflix.

Archived