IGNORED

Bringing Up Bates & Bates Family Doings: Part 2

happy atheist

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhhhh, Fan page of the Bates Family(Facebook page)/The Original All about Bates Blog!(blog) run by the same Bates family deep throaters is throwing out there that Whitney *MIGHT* be knocked up with No. 2. The people who run that place are in contact with Bates family members on a semi regular basis (similar to those girls that run the Duggar family blog, I guess) and they have teased about big reveals before, but more so prior to the family having their own show again (or between the TLC show and the UpTV show).

Because of the UpTV show I wouldn't think they would speculate about that in the way they are if it is true because I'm sure the Bateseseses will want to sell the announcement to OK or People (probably not In Touch, lol) or through their show's website/station buttttttt this picture of them from Dollywood makes me wonder...

allaboutthebates.blogspot.ca/2015/06/is-there-another-grandbaby-on-way.html blog post link

facebook.com/allaboutBatesfamily/posts/702987306473817 Facebook link. Their response "we have an update to share tomorrow! :) " also makes me wonder....

Welp, I guess it's about time. Bradley is a WHOPPING SEVEN MONTHS OLD. Whitney should have been pregnant again four months ago, geeeez, what took them so long?? :roll:

Good grief.

I looked at that site... seriously, some of the stuff they post is sooooo boring. "Carson Update! Carson is 3 weeks old. He is so cute". Really? That's an update? Then there was a "what happened in May" post. Allie turned a month old. Bradley is seven months old. Erin and Warden had birthdays. Erin, Alyssa and Whitney celebrated their first Mothers' Day. Kelly also celebrated Mothers' Day. :sleeping-boring:

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh hell yes, the composition of that blog/fanpage leaves A LOT to be desired. I just use it as a quick go to source for Bates family news since as I said, they do sometimes have an inside scoop. Plus they repost all the family's instagrams and Kelly's pictures from her own blog so it's an easy go to source for that stuff. Kind of like Dickles but slightly more annoying.

Anyway, I don't think Whitney does have much of a pregnancy stomach left. I think she's just holding Bradley in a super awkward position and the other bodies around her are blocking her in a way that it looks like she's leaning Bradley on her stomach when that's actually her hip. She still looks very slim in other recently taken pictures. That doesn't mean she's NOT pregnant either, she could just be only a few weeks along.

I agree that these newlywed couples seem to spit out the first two-three babies in quick succession because the first couple are when it's the easiest but it's still disappointing every time there's another pregnancy announcement that comes from a young woman. Whitney isn't even 22 yet :(

According to Erin on instagram, Whitney is NOT pregnant. She apologized for the bad pic :lol: I didn't think that was the case because pictures from earlier in the week showed Whitney had a flat stomach.

According to Erin on instagram, Whitney is NOT pregnant. She apologized for the bad pic :lol: I didn't think that was the case because pictures from earlier in the week showed Whitney had a flat stomach.

Well, I'm really glad to hear that for Whitney's sake! I hope she can space her babies out so that she doesn't end up constantly pregnant / with 19 of them...

I love how B&M's wedding website is brandonlovesmichaelA yet on the actual website, she's referred to as Michael. Can't have the random person who sees the url think they're gay guys!!

Pretty sure the same women who run the Duggar blog also run the Bates one (Lily and Ellie irc). I believe they make enough through advertising to be self-sufficient from them; griftin' off the grifters. Unfortunately, I think they'd be vigorous leghumpers ever if it didn't make them money.

I had purposed to not allow my feelings for him to be obvious, because I had seen many forward girls lure guys into a relationship. Instead, I wanted to pray and trust God and let Him guide both me and Brandon. At times this was hard, because I knew it was highly possible that we would never form a relationship. But at the same time, I knew if it was God’s will, I wanted Him to show it in a miraculous way that would leave us both in awe of His love for us.

Translation: I never said or acted like I wanted to marry him. its taking a risk, because I could end up an old maid, but I wanted to be a super special snowflake and have G-d personally handle this shit.

how..... cocky... rude.. presumptuous. Isn’t there some thing in the bible about G-d helps people who help them selves? I mean damn she was willing to stake everything on someone or something else doing all the work for her. :pink-shock:

also Its a sad that in marriage they feel that someone else has to come before their feeling for their spouse.

Translation: I never said or acted like I wanted to marry him. its taking a risk, because I could end up an old maid, but I wanted to be a super special snowflake and have G-d personally handle this shit.

how..... cocky... rude.. presumptuous. Isn’t there some thing in the bible about G-d helps people who help them selves? I mean damn she was willing to stake everything on someone or something else doing all the work for her. :pink-shock:

also Its a sad that in marriage they feel that someone else has to come before their feeling for their spouse.

I'm showing my Tudor history nerd here, but Michael's comment made me think of Jane Seymour's responses when Henry VIII was pursuing her after he got tired of Anne Boleyn :lol:

I don't see her as being cocky or presumptuous. She seems like a shy and self conscious fundie to me. Her whole statement read like she didn't bother pursuing because "why would someone like him want me" and "its not my place to step out of line and make decisions for myself." Her sentence, "I knew I didn’t deserve a man like that, so I didn’t often ask that he could be mine to have, I simply prayed Scripture for him and asked God to guard and guide him!" made me feel so bad for her. I am glad she got what she wanted, but I hope that she doesn't continue to feel less than deserving of happiness.

I'm showing my Tudor history nerd here, but Michael's comment made me think of Jane Seymour's responses when Henry VIII was pursuing her after he got tired of Anne Boleyn :lol:

Well to be fair, if Henry VIII started pursuing me I wouldn't want to give him any encouragement either. :lol: Don't want to derail the topic completely, but I always thought it was kind of telling how he went for a woman the polar opposite of Anne Boleyn. Have you read Hilary Mantel's books?

Well to be fair, if Henry VIII started pursuing me I wouldn't want to give him any encouragement either. :lol: Don't want to derail the topic completely, but I always thought it was kind of telling how he went for a woman the polar opposite of Anne Boleyn. Have you read Hilary Mantel's books?

If Henry had pursued me after Anne I would have run, run far far away.

Not yet but it's on my reading list! I have to admit I am a Anne Boleyn fan and think Jane Seymour was as manipulative as Anne when it came to getting the crown. She was well aware of Henry and Anne's stormy relationship and played up the whole "keeping sweet" persona. Personally, I would've tried my best to not be noticed by Henry VIII, but I guess you didn't really have a choice either!

Not yet but it's on my reading list! I have to admit I am a Anne Boleyn fan and think Jane Seymour was as manipulative as Anne when it came to getting the crown. She was well aware of Henry and Anne's stormy relationship and played up the whole "keeping sweet" persona. Personally, I would've tried my best to not be noticed by Henry VIII, but I guess you didn't really have a choice either!

Move those books to the top of your list! They're freaking amazing! Mantel seems to have a similar though slightly different take on Jane Seymour than you do, but I won't spoil anything. Her characterization of Anne Boleyn - well, of every character, really - is incredible. I was a History major, and Tudor England ended up being my main area of interest. I could never stand Henry VIII, but she actually managed to make him a somewhat sympathetic character to me. Thomas More was a bit of a villain in her books, which was frankly a breath of fresh air as most historians tend to fawn over him (and I say this as an admitted Thomas More fangirl). Anyway, I could go on, but they're definitely worth reading. I know it's a cliched phrase, but she really makes the characters come to life. :)

I am hoping that Brandon and Michael are just 2 introverted people who mistook each other's shyness for lack of interest. But yeah, I was a bit bothered by Brandon's story too. I was a bit surprised that Michael is willing to tell the world that she had a huuuge crush on this guy for 3+ years and he wasn't reciprocating.

Her story sounds like it's written by a 15 yo, not a 25 yo.

As for his--- it almost reminds me of when you're special someone is there the whole time but you don't notice them as more than a friend until later. I know plenty of couples who started out that way and are happily married. I once dated someone like that. We'd been friends for awhile, and it wasn't until a conversation with a friend (who didn't know him) that I realized something was there. After that, I just let things take their course and we ended up dating (we've since broken up and now I regret dating because I lost him as a friend).

Brandon's fundie as hell and bathing in Kool aid, but so is she. I think they're very cute together and am looking forward to seeing their wedding. And I will say their registry is very reasonable.

I agree that Michael's story sounds like the story of someone much younger. But I also agree that Brandon seems to be truly interested in her as well. I don't get the David Waller vibe from him. David Waller was trying to convince himself that it was a good idea to get married, whereas Brandon was trying to convince himself that he'd be okay if he never married. That tells me that he really, really wanted to get married. When you see conservative Christians talking about trying to 'give something up to God' or whatever phrasing they choose, usually it means that it's something they REALLY want, but for whatever reason are not getting. So their last resort is to 'give it up to God' (and usually secretly hope that God rewards their faith by giving them exactly what they're 'purposing' to give up).

What Michael said reminds me of some other things I heard in church growing up about letting the Holy Spirit leading your path in life. Basically, I think what she means that she wanted Brandon to be guided to her by God (and thus it really be God's intention for them both) and not end up with her because she was a girl who was attracted to him and thus be driven by desire, not God's will. I have my doubts that this is actually remotely how this actually worked out, since even if he didn't know if her attraction his family clearly did and that prompted them to play matchmaker. But in her mind, this was all God-lead and based on their hearts, not their pheromones.

That said, they sure did have some super-frontal long lasting hugging going on and were awfully snuggly on the couch for a non-engaged couple. If the Duggars happen to see them on TV (I'm sure not at JB&M's but I could see Josh and Anna or Jill and Derick's they would have cable) I wonder what they think of seeing such tactile courting.

I was surprised when Michael wrote that Kelly and Gil left her so she could have her first phone call with Brandon alone. Can't see the Duggar parents allowing that.

Michael(la) and Brandon fronthugged for what it seemed like ages when he arrived at the airport. I remember clearly that 1-second-fronthug of Jill & Derrick and Michelle's reaction to that. To not being able to hug the person you love is just too strange to me. Even though I find Brandon a little weird even for a fundie I wish Michaela and him all the best.

Reading Michaela/Michael/Michaella's (How ever you spell her name) story

When I was 15, even though I had lived a very sheltered life, I saw myself as a sinful girl. I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ and accepted Him as my personal Lord and Saviour!

What were her sins? Stealing the blankets from the sibling? Farting? Not wanting to clean up pee around the toilet? These fundies lay more of a guilt trip on their kids than Catholics... Damn.

There's definitely an unknown girl sitting next to Lawson at the I Love You Party, I took some shitty stills. Let's figure out who she is!

Edit: I see she was mentioned on the page before as a friend of Carlin's. So just attending as a friend? Weird there aren't other friends there...

post-4296-14452000391916_thumb.jpg

Reading Michaela/Michael/Michaella's (How ever you spell her name) story

When I was 15, even though I had lived a very sheltered life, I saw myself as a sinful girl. I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ and accepted Him as my personal Lord and Saviour!

What were her sins? Stealing the blankets from the sibling? Farting? Not wanting to clean up pee around the toilet? These fundies lay more of a guilt trip on their kids than Catholics... Damn.

The only way you can become a 'real' Christian, join the exclusive club, and get your golden ticket to heaven, is to get saved. And the only way to get saved is to realize that you are a sinful person, and to ask Jesus to come into your life and forgive you. So even if you're a total saint you have to dredge up something to feel horribly guilty about. This is how you get those bullshit "I was saved at the age of six" stories, too.

We should look at pics of Crown College girls.

For example, this young lady seems to be a college classmate of Tori & Nathan's, based on her pics: instagram.com/devonnakillin/

If someone here could figure out the identity of Joseph Maxwell's surprise new wife in about an hour, I have no doubt that someone will discover the identity of the 'I Love You Day' mystery girl (if it's not known already).

That girl goes to their church. Her name is Courtney and she helps out with the Bates kids and she is Carlins bff. It does seem like she is near Lawson while they are standing in the background and they seem to be avoiding her being filmed. She graduated HS last year so she is probably 19.

I saw her instagram once, the Bateses were in almost every pic there, specially Carlin. Maybe she is just a bff, but who knows!

I agree that Michael's story sounds like the story of someone much younger. But I also agree that Brandon seems to be truly interested in her as well. I don't get the David Waller vibe from him. David Waller was trying to convince himself that it was a good idea to get married, whereas Brandon was trying to convince himself that he'd be okay if he never married. That tells me that he really, really wanted to get married. When you see conservative Christians talking about trying to 'give something up to God' or whatever phrasing they choose, usually it means that it's something they REALLY want, but for whatever reason are not getting. So their last resort is to 'give it up to God' (and usually secretly hope that God rewards their faith by giving them exactly what they're 'purposing' to give up).

I really hope we never see another man like David Waller. He is truly something special. I feel terrible for his wife. It will be interesting to see if Brandon becomes more comfortable on camera as time passes. He seems like a nice enough guy. It must be so awkward to have your "courtship" televised for the entire world to see when you've never been on t.v. before.

Archived