IGNORED

"The Call 11-11-11"

changemanagement

Checking out the BIL's FB page and he and is family is attending this thing.

thecall.com/

Anyone know anything about it? I'm not particularly liking what I see.

Checking out the BIL's FB page and he and is family is attending this thing.

thecall.com/

Anyone know anything about it? I'm not particularly liking what I see.

Your spidey sense is working.

Lou Engle is "The Call." He was in "Jesus Camp." Since then, he's associated himself with Mike Bickle and the International House of Prayer. His followers have gone to anti-abortion demonstrations where they put a piece of red Duck Tape with the word LIFE written on it over their mouths. He hates Teh Ghey.

He, his followers, Mike Bickle and everyone associated with them bear watching, because they want power and think Jeebus (not to be confused with that guy in the New Testament) is going to give it to them.

Thank you. Your information sent on the right path. IHOP (not the pancakes) was also instrumental in Rick Perry's prayer day, yes?

Gah my BIL and his insipid wife are idiots. :roll:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/category/ ... /lou-engle

The article references the "pastor" at their church, Barbara Yoder,

"In her book Taking on Goliath: How to Stand Against The Spiritual Enemies in Your Life and Win, Yoder warns of the loss of America’s white majority and the rampant bisexuality unleashed after Britney Spears and Madonna kissed at the MTV Video Music Awards".

I am getting married that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave it to the friggen fundies to screw with it! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Guest Anonymous
rampant bisexuality unleashed after Britney Spears and Madonna kissed at the MTV Video Music Awards".

Yep, they figured it out! That's absolutely why I'm bisexual.

... Except it's not.

Heh. Of course, my BIL is a Black guy. :doh: Sort of underscores being unaware of one's own self interests!

A friend of mine is turning 50 that day, she is having a giant blowout. I am sure we heathens will be having much more fun than the fundies.

11/11 is my Dad's birthday and my middle Daughter's birthday. My Dad will retire after 35 years at the same job on 11/10, making 11/11 his "Day of Freedom" (my Mom rolls her eyes at his antics, and plans on going to work like she usually would on 11/11).

Crap. Brittney and Madonna kissing was supposed to make me bisexual? Goddamnit, how did I miss out on that fun?!?!

Is it just me, or does that sound pretty awesome? I don't know what she's complaining about.

We need a t-shirt company! Between this one, EYE TRAP and various things like Fundilicious or Uriah is my Homeboy we could make a fortune. :dance:

We need a t-shirt company! Between this one, EYE TRAP and various things like Fundilicious or Uriah is my Homeboy we could make a fortune. :dance:

Someone start a zazzle.com shop!

• 2 months later...

I live in Cologne and some of you might now that it is the Capitol of German Carnival. It traditionally starts 11/11 at 11.11 am. And since tomorrow it's even 11/11/11 I think people will frea out even more...

I wonder if the fundies realise it's also Remembrance/Armistice/Veterans' Day? (Depending where you live and what you call it.)

-- an army brat.

That's Remembrance Day here. I'll be standing at the cenotaph with two preschoolers and a bunch of poppies, paying our respects.

Can someone tell me what The Call is? I checked out a 31 second, very melodramatic video and I still don't understand. The short video talked about sacrifice but I don't understand what they want people to sacrifice. It sounds like they want to fast and pray for a day? That isn't really that big a sacrifice. Is that it?

I wonder if the fundies realise it's also Remembrance/Armistice/Veterans' Day? (Depending where you live and what you call it.)

-- an army brat.

No. And I doubt they'll care, because clearly they are far more important than remembering all of the men and women who have died so they can hold their wackadoodle beliefs.

Archived