IGNORED

Pastor Admits to Punching Child for 'Playing Games With God'

ViolaSebastian

I got sucker punched as a child by my sibling, who was not full-grown. It is the single most painful experience I have ever had. I couldn't breathe for at least 30 seconds. It was very scary trying to take a breath for so long and not being able to, all the while hurting and wondering whether I'd live. I can't imagine getting sucker punched by a full-grown adult. That poor kid. :cry:

This guy needs to go to jail. Period. Religion is not an excuse for what is so clearly abuse.

If he was still in Canada and the boy reported it, he would have been arrested for assault and may have landed on a child abuse registry as well. The rules for allowing spanking are very narrow in Canada, and something like this is WAY outside those rules.

New Jersey, however, has no jurisdiction to investigate a possible crime that took place in Calgary, Alberta.

Not that the idea of the punch itself is horrifying enough, but the kid could have died from this. A hard blow to the sternum can disrupt the heart's electrical rhythm, causing cardiac arrest. A "precordial thump" used to be a first line technique for a witnessed cardiac arrest in hopes that it could convert a chaotic rhythm back to a normal one. In the case of a normal rhythm, it could have the opposite effect. Also, this kind of trauma can case leakage of blood into the sac surrounding the heart, the pericardium, which can be fatal because it can take up so much space in the sac that the heart does not have enough room to expand and contract, and can no longer pump blood.

This could also have killed someone with Prolonged QT Syndrome. A kid in my Junior High died suddenly on the playgroup after being hit in the chest with a ball during PE. Nobody knew he had it until he died from it.

If he was still in Canada and the boy reported it, he would have been arrested for assault and may have landed on a child abuse registry as well. The rules for allowing spanking are very narrow in Canada, and something like this is WAY outside those rules.

New Jersey, however, has no jurisdiction to investigate a possible crime that took place in Calgary, Alberta.

I couldn't tell if he said "Calgary" or "Calvary." I did some sleuthing and the last Church he worked at was Calvary Baptist Church in Warwick, NY.

Well, at least, he had to apologize:

biblebaptist.net/

Translation:

I told what I thought was a really cool story, and thought others would think I was a real man and that the story was great. Instead, it blew up on the internet and I got a shitload of crap for it. People called me abusive and started asking a lot of questions, but since I admitted openly on camera that I pushed a kid hard, it was hard to deny. So, on the advice on those around me, I have to say that I admit that I did something bad and don't think that this was proper pastor behavior, even though I had bragged about it on the video. Now, since I've just admitted that I did something wrong, the Christian thing for everyone to do right now is instantly forgive me and move on, so that I can stop answering questions and the world can stop picking on me.

Witnessing for Jesus!

I read this on another news site 'The Blaze. In the article he said that he "does not condone child abuse or the punching of children." Does he not know what he did?

As for 'Pastor Eric' not condoning punching of children, he seemed pretty proud that he crumpled him, "I just crumpled him".

Because Jesus, or something. Yeah, sign me up

Archived