IGNORED

Undercover at a Christian Gay-to-Straight Conversion Camp

doggie

this is an interesting read. pretty long though. makes me wonder if christian based one is worse then the moron version.

http://www.alternet.org/belief/what-hap ... rsion-camp

I don’t remember exactly when I felt his erection pressing into my back. It might have been while he whispered in my ear, “Long ago, you were the Golden Child. But, somehow, that Golden Child was hurt, and you put up a wall to protect yourself.†Or it might have been when other men in the room broke out in song:

How could anyone ever tell you

That you’re anything less than beautiful?

How could anyone ever tell you

That you’re less than whole?

I sat on the floor between the outstretched legs of a camp guide, my head leaning back against his shoulder. The guide sat behind me, his arms wrapped around my chest. This hold was called “The Motorcycle.†Five men surrounded the two of us, their hands resting gently on my arms, legs and chest.

There were about ten other groups like this sitting on the floor in the darkened room: one guide giving “healing-touch therapy†while the surrounding men rested their hands on the receiver. Some men were held in the Motorcycle position. Others were turned towards their guide, cradled the way a parent would hold a sobbing child who had just scraped her knee on the sidewalk.

Horny much?

Barry White playing softly in the background would really make the scene perfect.

I've heard similar stories before of these groups using highly dubious and troubling techniques like inciting participants to act out beating their parents.

It's bad enough that it's a guilt-inducing scam, but that takes it to a whole new level. There is nothing remotely connected to "family values" in brainwashing participants to actually hate their parents and give them issues that they didn't have before. It's just sick.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/27/us/conver ... y-lawsuit/

Interesting read - thanks for posting.

Common sense tells you that gay men hugging and rubbing and touching each other is not going to be the thing that "cures" anything besides sexual frustration. No wonder they have repeat customers - it's the only time these men get to have any fun.

Rubbed by other men. Held by other men. Pinned down by other men.

Nothing homoerotic about any of that.

nope well when you figure the so called leaders were once gay it is not hard to know what is going on.

Xgay Greg missed his calling. Screw the motorcoach!

When will these people learn that you cant change people? Its like dying your hair. I can dye it red all day long but that wont change to color my genes made it and it will just grow back!

That sounds incredibly gay. What makes them think that hugging and touching other men will stop men from being gay? I think its just an excuse to touch guys.

And there’s more to consider than just Dave’s feelings. “What do you want me to do?†he asks. “Leave my wife? Leave my kids? Just go live with some guy?

Uh, Dave, you can still be a parent after a divorce. And how unfair is all this to the wives? It's not like they can't tell that something is wrong. Living this lie isn't just harming Dave, it's denying Dave's wife the chance to make an informed decision about her own life.

I found that profoundly sad. Ok I laughed a bit with the motorcycle holding sessions. But really sad for those men.

Archived