IGNORED

Pecan and Priscilla's "Em-brace"

sophrosyne

From other pictures it looks like both their teeth weren't that straight, also only their upper teeth are visibly. Could be that their lower set, just like mine, is completely crooked and they are grinding their teeth in their sleep. It could also be that one of them has serious issues and the other decided to get theirs fixed for cosmetics.

They look like they both have overbite, though, which comes with its very own problems. My cousin had overbite and before her teeth got fixed she had terrible neck pains from wrong posture etc. It's really such a complex matter that I wouldn't judge anyone who decides they need braces.

ETA: @WonderingInWA: "Nike" is or was at least in the past the Duggars' code word for an immodestly dressed woman, whatever immodest means. Anyways, "nike" means that there's a *hussy* somewhere in a radius of 5 miles and all lewd and erratic penis owners whose surname is Duggar, have to lower their impure gazes down to their Nikes.

It's especially funny since Susannah is the one who broke away from the cult and kissed weird old frumpers goodbye and welcomed skinny jeans and tank tops.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually know a lot of adults who paid braces for themselves once they were adults, because their family could not afford it when they were young. I've never seen anyone snark on them or tell them they look like 14 years old teens. So I don't understand why people say it's juvenile.

I do wonder how they can afford it though. For two people, both at the same time. It's expensive. And it seems strange that they both needed it now. I bet they were convinced by a orthodontist. Some are very very insistent. And it is not always a good deal even if they make you believe it is.

I actually know a lot of adults who paid braces for themselves once they were adults, because their family could not afford it when they were young. I've never seen anyone snark on them or tell them they look like 14 years old teens. So I don't understand why people say it's juvenile.

I do wonder how they can afford it though. For two people, both at the same time. It's expensive. And it seems strange that they both needed it now. I bet they were convinced by a orthodontist. Some are very very insistent. And it is not always a good deal even if they make you believe it is.

Yep, my MIL paid for her own braces in her early 40s, and then my SIL paid for her own in her 40s as well (because she refused to get them when they were offered to her by her parents -- mistake!). Neither of my own kids fought me on getting braces because they think it's cool (since so many other kids have them at their ages -- the 5th-8th grade level at onset of treatment). I remember BEGGING my mom for braces when I was 12 but back then the price was 1/2 what it is today. Either way, it's a personal choice and sometimes cosmetic and sometimes a dental health issue. I wish insurance paid more (ours paid $2000 on $11,000 total), but I think it's worth every penny.

And for what it's worth, the clear braces are more expensive, they pop off easier than the metal ones, and they discolor with some foods. I don't blame Pris and Pecan for choosing metal!

My parents were told that I needed braces due to an overbite when I was in my teens. However, they decided that my teeth weren't that bad so they chose not to do it. It finally got to where my teeth and jaw were so screwed up that I was getting headaches. So I went and had it done. My teeth are "perfect" now...but the best part is that I no longer have the problems I had before. It was worth every bit of the 4 grand I spent.

Coming up next....David and Priscilla try to kiss and their braces lock.

I was wondering if they both got them so one of them would like to have an excuse not to kiss ....

Go to Wheaton. My cousin lives there and there are more churches than people. My daughter lives near Lincoln

Square and I swear there is a church on every corner up there.

But few, if any of those churches in Lincoln Square are of a fundie stripe. You practically can't throw a rock and not hit a Catholic Church in this city.

I've always thought that Priss could use a little straightening, but Anna's the one with the greater snags.

3.bp.blogspot.com/-3iFXsE4NzsI/UcaQylnKj2I/AAAAAAAAIoo/YMOP0iIG2Ww/s1600/david+waller+youtube+growing+up+keller.png

I've always thought that Priss could use a little straightening, but Anna's the one with the greater snags.

3.bp.blogspot.com/-3iFXsE4NzsI/UcaQylnKj2I/AAAAAAAAIoo/YMOP0iIG2Ww/s1600/david+waller+youtube+growing+up+keller.png

Neither one of them ever had a chance. Have you ever seen Ma Keller's teeth? She's got quite an array of snaggles.

Honestly, I have seen a lot of fundies who forego orthodontia. What's funny to me is that the Maxwells, as uber fundie as they are over most fundies, have put every one of their kids in braces. Ironic, no? I mean, isn't that taking over for God?

Suzette Keller (Anna's and Pris's mom):

wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/faithgoespop/files/2012/08/mike-and-suzette-keller.jpg

I would not be surprised if one of them needed the braces and the other is just vain and wants them. Hell, I'm an adult and I WANT braces. My teeth aren't even remotely fucked up, I just want them better. I'm really weird about my teeth, theyre really my only feature I care that much about, even when I'm doing long haul I'm brushing my teeth 3-5 times per day. I might forget to brush my hair on occasion, but I'll be damned if my teeth don't look like I'm in a toothpaste commercial lol. (Probably has some thing to do with my mum having false teeth my entire life because my father wouldn't allow her to go to the dentist.)

So I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if Priscilla needed the braces (since Anna did, didn't she?) And David just wanted them because he's vain as fuck. He must get damn good dental with his work because I'm sure they're not cheap to get just for shits n giggles.

Re: recent pics on their Instagram

I really hate the way they parted Paul's hair like David's after his haircut.

At the young couples Christmas party most of the husbands are behind their wives. Robert is beside Kendalyn. But not Davey. He's front and center with Pris behind him.

Really? The cheese ball, brownies, and less than 10 cookies Priscilla put on some stands in the middle of the table with coffee cups and hot chocolate mix, that's a beautiful presentation Davey?? Everything is just so special with him. Can't just be 'Priscilla provided great snacks after caroling'.

Retainers are worn "forever" even when the work is done as a teen. I have a permanent retainer behind my front 6 bottom teeth. I had to wear my retainers pretty much 24/7 for the first two months after I got my braces off. I now wear them at night...most nights. I will probably have to wear at least my top retainer at least a few nights a week forever, but it's not something that is unbearable.

Even with the invisalign, retainers are STILL a necessary part of treatment. Its not a big deal.

If retainers are worn every night they become second nature. I will lay down to go to sleep at night and realize I don't have my retainer in. I cannot sleep well until I get up and put it in. It can get entertaining because if I am woken up unexpectedly by the phone or doorbell I will forget I have my retainer in. Not only does it look odd but it slightly slurs my speech so I sound drunk which is pretty funny as I don't drink. I required braces twice, as a teen and then again as an adult so that my teeth met up, allowing full chewing function. A nice side benefit has been a mid-line that actually lines up. Have a lot of restoration still ahead due to GURD dissolving the tops of my teeth. By the time I am done I could have spent enough to buy a new fully loaded Lexus.. but functional teeth for the rest of my life will serve me better than any damn car. I have no idea how I will ever afford to complete the process but I have seen too many relatives (even within the last two years) whose dentures don't work worth a damn.

People who don't need braces should thank their lucky stars, not get them a fashion statements. :snooty:

In one of their latest post which covers Thanksgiving, David has to point out that the Menz play football "as guys". He loves to point out that he's a guy doesn't he? Trying to prove it to himself I guess. He also points out the girls baking together but thankfully doesn't put "as girls".

Archived