IGNORED

Mom doesn't think school should allow Gideon bible handouts

lilwriter85

I have been thinking about this topic, or a similar one for a while now. I don't live near many fundies. I looked up IBF and family integrated churches in my area. There is one a couple towns over. On the church website you need an order of transfer to join(DPIAT!) but sadly the pictures of the members looked like normal people wearing normal clothes.

So...... My point is that a friend of my daughter got "a Ticket to Hell" tract at school from another kid. I was pissed and amused at the same time. I have never seen these around. This kid has an older sister who is gay so that botherd me. I thought complaining would just make the kid a maryter and likely make him proud. I begged my daughter to get one for me cuz I wanted to see it. She is too shy to approach the kid who handed it out. I found some funny parady tracts I would love for her to give back. She never would though.

I also discoverd the wonderful world of Chick tracts. I can get a sample pack of all Chick tracts for about $22.00!!!!! I am totally squeeing over this. I might treat myself in the new year. I cannot believe the crazy ridiculous things. I FUCKING LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!

I remember they did this at my school when I was in 5th grade and had just moved to fundies land. I refused to take one because I'm Jewish. I remember my classmates told me I was going to hell for not believing in Jesus. I tried to tattle on them but the teacher told me she wouldnt punish them because "hell wasn't a bad word when they were talking about what happens to nonbelievers." Welcome to rural Virginia.

Archived