IGNORED

Jasmine Baucham Holmes Was Pregnant - Miscarried

punkiepie

Per her instagram- she is incubating a little "blueberry." What's it been, 8wks since she got married? That was fast. It's a shame fertility is hereditary.

Damn! I had such hopes for Jasmine-- she seemed likely to finally give up patriarchy for a decent education, but this pretty much puts paid to that idea.

I hope she has an easy and healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery.

Damn! I had such hopes for Jasmine-- she seemed likely to finally give up patriarchy for a decent education, but this pretty much puts paid to that idea.

I hope she has an easy and healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery.

You never know, Melissa and Haley groke away after four kids under five. But, Theydid haea fairly pressing reason to do so.

You never know, Melissa and Haley groke away after four kids under five. But, Theydid haea fairly pressing reason to do so.

Quoi?

She seems happy enough in the marriage & hopefully her husband isn't as big an asshole as her father.

Unfortunately for the husband, he's currently Voddie's assistant so no matter what he might really think about stuff he probably he has to toe a party line.

Hope the pregnancy goes well.

A blueberry? I can honestly say that's a new one.

She's probably referring to her pregnancy week by week updates where they compare the fetus to different foods for a frame of reference. I had one that said my baby was gummy bear sized so that was our nickname for our kid for a little while.

A blueberry? I can honestly say that's a new one.

It's probably a reference to Babycenter's fruit and vegetable comparisons. A 7-week embryo is the size of a blueberry.

Per her instagram- she is incubating a little "blueberry." What's it been, 8wks since she got married? That was fast. It's a shame fertility is hereditary.

Actually, I think most of her siblings are adopted, so it's not clear whether or not her mom is very fertile. (And I don't mean to be That Obnoxious Person, but fertility isn't entirely hereditary... for example, there are a few younger fundies who have a zillion biological siblings but seem to be struggling with fertility.)

Annnyyyyway, my first reaction to the thread title was a startled "WHAT?" My second reaction was a sigh.

Actually, I think most of her siblings are adopted, so it's not clear whether or not her mom is very fertile. (And I don't mean to be That Obnoxious Person, but fertility isn't entirely hereditary... for example, there are a few younger fundies who have a zillion biological siblings but seem to be struggling with fertility.)

In his book Family-Driven Faith, Voddie says that after he & Bridget had two children (Jasmine & Trey) they were persuaded by medical people to have Bridget's tubes tied. Several years after that, they became quiverfull, tried for a reversal (which couldn't be done), and then began adopting. Much of the text is accessible via Amazon's preview feature.

Annnyyyyway, my first reaction to the thread title was a startled "WHAT?" My second reaction was a sigh.

Yes. Sigh. :sigh2:

And again with the announcing WAY TOO EARLY.....she could easily miscarry and then have to retract the statement....That happened to a friend of mine and it was heartbreaking.

Yeah, all of our recent fundie brides have been pregnant immediately with the exception of Erin...ugh/.

It's probably a reference to Babycenter's fruit and vegetable comparisons. A 7-week embryo is the size of a blueberry.

Not Obnoxious, it is true. I am example of this. My mother had children easily. If she was quiverfull, I would have likely had a dozen or more siblings. I am infertile. So, I do not think they will all have a ton of children.

Of course she is pregnant.. birth control is of the devil and only evil, selfish people would use it. God controls her womb and he wants her to be pregnant. Its the only thing she is allowed to believe, no matter how educated she is. I've had enough discussions in the college-minus world to know even condoms are frowned on by the most extreme fundies. :wtf:

And again with the announcing WAY TOO EARLY.....she could easily miscarry and then have to retract the statement....That happened to a friend of mine and it was heartbreaking.

Yeah, all of our recent fundie brides have been pregnant immediately with the exception of Erin...ugh/.

I know this has been hashed out to death already, but not everybody feels the same way. I tell everyone as soon as I found out practically. (Pretty much all of my real life/close friends are the same way, even the non-fundies.) We have a hard time conceiving, so when I get pregnant there is no containing the joy. I can't imagine not being able to talk about it with everyone. A miscarriage could happen whether I tell or not, and I'd much rather have everyone's support, prayers, and comfort if it does. I would not do well trying to stuff down that kind of secret. Those are my personal feelings, of course, and I would never try to tell someone they have to/should feel the same as I. I just don't understand why there always has to be the, "ugh, these stupid fundies tell everyone TOO early!" Eleventy! It's not just a fundie thing, and it's one's own business when they decide to announce a pregnancy.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't give up hope on Jasmine. She is such a bright woman, I am sure that she will find a way to make a good life for herself. For all we know maybe what it will take for her to fully awaken from her father's control will be to live the life her father wanted her to live and see for herself that it is not what she wants or deserves. She may very well decide to start over later on down the road - and she is certainly capable of doing so even if she is a mother.

Why must fundies be so extreme? In my experience, they're either like Jasmine and Jill Duggar, who announce the pregnancy within weeks of conception -- as if to flaunt their "godliness" in being able/willing to procreate ASAP; or they're the type to hide the pregnancy as long as possible, and maybe around 6 months along, they finally make the pregnancy public -- as if no one is good enough to share the happy news. I honestly know of very few fundies who wait a reasonable time (12 weeks-ish) and then make a nice public announcement-- with no gloating, and no hiding it.

Why must fundies be so extreme? In my experience, they're either like Jasmine and Jill Duggar, who announce the pregnancy within weeks of conception -- as if to flaunt their "godliness" in being able/willing to procreate ASAP; or they're the type to hide the pregnancy as long as possible, and maybe around 6 months along, they finally make the pregnancy public -- as if no one is good enough to share the happy news. I honestly know of very few fundies who wait a reasonable time (12 weeks-ish) and then make a nice public announcement-- with no gloating, and no hiding it.

I think there are actually plenty of fundies who do this, you just don't notice it when it happens because there's nothing remarkable about it.

This is really such a deeply personal issue for most women. Either choice is perfectly fine for the woman who chooses it. A sorrow shared and all that.

Maybe they announce early because they're super excited and can't wait to share their happiness with everyone. Maybe they announce late because they're deeply private types or have had loss in the past. Maybe they announce at twelve weeks on the day because they want TrueRebel to approve of their personal choices. :roll:

ETA...sorry I'm being a total snot, this concept of proper time for pregnancy announcement just rubs me the wrong way. And I just love the way both early and late announcements are some fundie way for people to try and show they're better than everyone else. We just can't win.

what is jasmine's instagram name? my goggle tactics are failing me, i'm only finding phillip's info.

:roll:

My sister didn't announce her first pregnancy publicly until she had to-- she was about six months along. She is a private person who was was strangely worried about a miscarriage and getting a teaching job while pregnant-- hence not wanting to announce until the school year had actually started. Other people announce early because they are so excited.

I would rather wait until 12-ish weeks to tell most people (aside from family) so that I wouldn't have to "untell" a lot of people in the case of an early miscarriage, but that's my personal opinion because I'm pretty private and would rather choose who I'm mourning with. But that's just me.

Why do you think 12 weeks is the only reasonable time? Why is 20 weeks unreasonable? Why is 6 weeks unreasonable?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived