IGNORED

Iron Bowl Alabama vs Auburn

RosyDaisy

I don't feel good today, so fiancee and I are staying home to watch the game. We are both die hard Alabama fans because we both went to colleges within the UA system. So, all I gotta say is give 'em hell Alabama. ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

I grew up around Texas A&M and the Longhorns. I thought THAT was the most epic football rivalry. :lol: Called the cotton bowl or the rose bowl or something.

eta i tried to find the proper bowl name online and apparently that rivalry isn't even a thing anymore. :lol: i just get tired of my most irritating facebook friend constantly posting Roll Tide every week. No offense to you though Rosy - my fb frenemy is from Auburn so i'm totally on the Alabama side. Looks like they're going to smoke them. :auto-dirtbike: :banana-rock: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy::music-rockon: :banana-linedance:

War Eagle! Just kidding!!!! I'm not even sure if that's how it goes. :D I just know I watched something on ESPN (30 for 30?) about the rivalry and I thought it was I-N-S-A-N-E! Somebody (allegedly) poisoned trees and errythang :o

Yep a few years ago some crazy man poisoned the trees at Toomer's Corners. Toomer's is were students gather after the games. Both schools but their collective heads together to save the trees, but they died anyway.

After an Alabama/LSU game a drunk and semi-conscious man was sexually assaulted in a restaurant by a drunk Alabama fan. Nobody deserves that.

Iron Bowl day can be hell here in Alabama. Arguing, fighting, chaos in sports bars, domestic violence, you name it. I imagine other rival teams have the same problems.

This why my family chooses to have game day parties at home. Daddy has a big HD plasma screen, he doesn't allow alcohol, and we pig out on junk food and sodas. We all have good time.

Sounds like Niner-Raider games (NFL). The last Niner-Raider game I went to (in San Francisco) people got shot in the parking lot and there were fights all over the stadium during the game. In fact, because it was a preseason game, we weren't really watching the game but we were watching the fights. Some dude even had to be carried out by the police because they hog-tied him (!!!) because he wouldn't calm down. It was crazy. I can imagine a Bama-Auburn game is something equally crazy. Best just to stay home and not risk injury. Not to mention that I'm sure it's waaaaay cheaper to stay home. And probably better for than whatever over priced "food" that's been sitting in the warmer for who-knows how long.

I haven't been watching the game but it looks like a good game based on the score.

I grew up watching Bama games with my grandfather (who was a loyal and proud Bama fan), and he would been pleased with the outcome of the game this year! Roll TIde!

Archived