IGNORED

Davia Waller is here!

BeaSnarky

Delilah...okay maybe not Delilah,

I would have loved Delilah because I actually like the name but it's going to be a no-no for a fundie. Can't have the name of a temptress.... :naughty:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG. I was like, "Haha, 'Davia' Waller, clever. I wonder what her name actually is." And then as I went to click the post, it slowly sunk in... no... Davia Waller IS her name. DAVIA. WALLER.

Only way it could've been more ridiculous: Davia Pecanne Waller.

Are they going to name their next son Priscillus?

Davia (Day-via) is a legitimate name. Like Davina (Dah-vina), a female form of David.

I dislike it though, and it seems so narcissistic of David to name her that.

Still, welcome to the world, you poor little future SAHD and Helpmeet. I hope Priscilla is doing well.

I thought this would be a joke, but OMG. David named a kid after himself. Not the boy, but the girl? Couldn't he have named Paul David instead? Also, I am certain that Lynn is Priscilla's middle name.

Also hahaha the joke is on TLC-they cant keep other people's lives a spoiler! Its awesome that the baby came before they did the gender reveal episode!

I tend to agree with the poster who thought it possible that Pris picked the name in the hope that it would increase Pecan's involvement with the baby. He's very awkward with Paul and I think he'll be worse with a female offspring.

"What do we have here? Davia is kissing her baby doll. You love your baby dolls, don't you Davia? Baby dolls are very nice and we enjoy them very much. Yes, we do, don't we Davia?"

Davia is a real name ! Maybe it sounds strange to American ears, but it's not so unusual in France, mostly in Corsica...

I guess the Waller don't know that and just think of it as a girl version of David :cry:

It's a pretty name IMO ;)

The Pecans wouldn't know where Corsica is, they would just think it's a car model produced by Chevrolet at best.

Indeed, it is. Davia Lynn. I think it is Day-via. At least I hope it is.

They've likely never heard "Davina" or "Davida"

Maybe this will teach TLC to not take so damned long re-staging and editing all of these little made-for-tv events.

This season even with TWO engagements was a drag.

OMG. I was like, "Haha, 'Davia' Waller, clever. I wonder what her name actually is." And then as I went to click the post, it slowly sunk in... no... Davia Waller IS her name. DAVIA. WALLER.

Sorry, I spit tea at the screen--i saw this as Prick-illus....like Mel Brooks "History of the World" BigusDickus.... :cracking-up:

I seriously believed it was someone from Free Jinger who was making a joke. DAVIA!

Even if it's a real name, it is so out there. Priscilla will spent half the time explaining how to pronounce or write it.

Is it supposed to be pronounced 'DAY-vee-ah'? Because I keep hearing it in my head as 'dah-VEE-ah'. Like their bff Robert & Kendalyn's kid Sauntina.

post-10046-14451999663981_thumb.jpg

aww so sweet and chubby :D

btw the Wallers have a new FB fanpage, and a new website! It's all pink, and even has examples of SOTDRT writing!

facebook.com/fanpageofdavidandpriscillawaller?sk=timeline&app_data

thedpwallerfamily.blogspot.com/

So wait, they are having a "gender" reveal on 19KAC next week but the baby was born today?

LOfreakingL

That's par for the course. Didn't we see Benessa's engagement 3 days after they were married?

I'm not a huge fan of the loosely feminized version of dad's name thing, but I don't think Davia is a totally horrible name. I mean, I don't especially love it, but at least it's a real name and there's no bizarre spelling. Davi is a kind of cute nickname for a little girl IMO.

Glad the baby and mom seem happy and healthy. Good luck to that kid...

One of my crazy-ass second cousins has a kid named Davaya. (named after baby daddy #4, David) I'm assuming it's pronounced the same way. She says it as Duh-vi-uh.

Davia? DAVIA?!

Is that pronounced Day-via or Dah-via?

I'm just going to spit it out. That's an awful name. :?

Edited to add link:

instagram.com/p/vT1mzcgqeT/

Never mind the ridiculous name, I can't get over the fact that Pris gives birth to some GINORMOUS babies. My vagina hurts just thinking about it.

That baby isn't that big.

Davia? DAVIA?!

Is that pronounced Day-via or Dah-via?

I'm just going to spit it out. That's an awful name. :?

Edited to add link:

instagram.com/p/vT1mzcgqeT/

Er...I thought that name was a joke by the OP when I read the thread title. Why not name your BOY child David and pick a girl name for your girl :shifty-kitty: It's not the worst fundie name out there, but just wow.

You guys really don't know bad names if you think Davia is bad. It sounds vaguely Arabic maybe? Naming her after her father is kind of egotistical, but it could be a lot worse.

You guys really don't know bad names if you think Davia is bad. It sounds vaguely Arabic maybe? Naming her after her father is kind of egotistical, but it could be a lot worse.

Davia isn't bad in and of itself. There's nothing wrong with it at all. If her dad's name were 'Bob' I wouldn't bat an eye. But her dad's name is David. And they have named her Davia. And I think the fact that David Waller is such a profound and absolute goof is what makes the name seem truly absurd, honestly.

Archived