IGNORED

Davia Waller is here!

BeaSnarky

The EFF is that thing on her head? When I first saw the top of it, before I started scrolling down, I thought it was a plucked Thanksgiving turkey.

I think Fundies believe that little girls cannot go to heaven unless they are wearing some sort of headgear involving fake flowers or pigtails (or preferably both).

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually kind of like the name. Agree that it might be a way to make him feel more connected to her. 8 lbs 10 oz isn't too bad. I would've been thrilled if my daughter had weighed that. She was 10 lb 15 oz. At 8lb 15 oz, I was my mom's smallest baby, until my twin brothers were born at 6 pounds and some apiece, and my sister came early at 5 lbs. My oldest sister was just under 12 lbs!

I don't care for the name Davia but at least they included P's middle name so both parents were honored.

Regarding the baby's weight-- In my experience it's all about their position and not weight. My 7 lb 11 oz baby was much more difficult and painful than my 9 lb baby.

I think Fundies believe that little girls cannot go to heaven unless they are wearing some sort of headgear involving fake flowers or pigtails (or preferably both).

Just goes to show how out of touch they are, because having that damn thing on my head for all eternity would be my idea of hell.

Little Davia is now 36hours old and doing fabulous under the watchful care of her big brother and proud parents.

He said "fabulous" (Where's that Beavis and Butthead smilie?)

I just watched the video and I must say they make very cute babies. That was very sweet to watch. Paul is totes adorable the way he wanted to hold her and stood back up because they were taking too long and tried to reach for his sister. And Davia is very cute. I am glad for Pris that she has been able to carry and birth healthy full term babies. I would not say they are huge babies, but they are a good size. I am also glad for Pris that her labor was much shorter than last time. She seemed scared about it and in the video said Paul was more than 20 hours so am glad it was as difficult for her sake. And they have a boy and a girl now, which many people see as "perfect".

Only this far, but I agree. Cute babies, healthy mom and baby, easy delivery.

I am not joking when I say that DS was a 26-hour labor, and it was so rough that I determined I would never do it again. And I haven't. So I understand how she would be nervous about a second baby.

I am not joking when I say that DS was a 26-hour labor, and it was so rough that I determined I would never do it again. And I haven't. So I understand how she would be nervous about a second baby.

Never had children, so can't say for certain, but from what I have heard from many people is that labors get easier with each baby. While I hate my endo, it also means that previous surgeries to my uterus and that means c-section most likely. I am totally okay with that. I am used to surgery pain and from past history, I seem to recover well. I only want like two children though.

I had a 26 hour labor with my first and with my second it was less than 3 hours from first contraction to birth. It was like being hit by a freight train, but it was over quickly! :lol:

My second was really fast too, but on again/off again contraction pains for days before and i had to sleep in the recliner for several weeks at the end to keep him from turning transverse.

not to scare any non-moms lol but it is called labor for a definite reason :D

Never had children, so can't say for certain, but from what I have heard from many people is that labors get easier with each baby. While I hate my endo, it also means that previous surgeries to my uterus and that means c-section most likely. I am totally okay with that. I am used to surgery pain and from past history, I seem to recover well. I only want like two children though.

It was definitely true for me, although partially that was because I took the crunchy granola birth class before the first kid and was determined not to have an epidural, but after that first kid (including 4th degree tear, what fun!) I relaxed my opinion on epidurals and really enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd deliveries. Espeically the 3rd... it was very relaxed. I would have done it again if I didn't have to be pregnant for 9 months first and take care of a colicky newborn for 3 months after.

He said "fabulous" (Where's that Beavis and Butthead smilie?)

This the one? :character-beavisbutthead:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
It's impossible to know for certain unless he says so, but I truly believe that David is gay and angry that he "can't" live the life he wants. I think he probably picked Priscilla for a wife because she would be less likely to suspect any potential affair. I also think that he takes out his unhappiness on her because she "represents," so to speak, the thing standing in the way of a free life. Of course, in this scenario Priscilla is a victim who has nothing to do with the life David leads (he's a grown man capable of choosing for himself), but to him she would be the bars of his proverbial prison, the integral part of the marriage that has him trapped forever.

Completely off topic, but last night I had a dream that I was forced to go on a road trip with David and Priscilla. They were driving Uriah (R.I.P.), the Maxwell family bus. It was *not* a FABulous journey. Obviously I read here too often. Damn you, FJ!

DUH-via is starting to grow on me, although I prefer DAY-via. I wonder if she'll have nicknames? I secretly want Pris to celebrate her inner country start using Da'Lynn.

I don't care if it gets easier, birth was terrible and I would rather adopt and help kids who need a family, than go through it again. I had other issues that made it more difficult, and those would have likely cropped up again. Doing it once was enough for me, lol.

Either way, ds is 13 and I'm not particularly interested in doing the baby thing all over again. They're much cuter when they go home with somebody else.

Yeah, there are two things I've seen my parent friends do that annoy me:

1. Give a kid a first and a middle name, but they intend to call him only by his middle name (Meet Abraham David. We will be calling him David.)

2. Give a kid a name, but they intend to call him only by a specific nickname. (Meet Elijah "Eli" Cohen!)

My mother did number on (Plan to use the middle name) for my sister and still apologizes for doing that.... and warns people not to do so if she hears they are considering it. My sister finds it mildly a pain, but not horrifically.

and as for number 2... my mother in law very specifically named her children the short version of the longer names, for example Bob instead of Robert or Rich instead of Richard. And my husband had a grade school teacher call him a liar and actually call his mother to check when he told her his name was the short version, not the longer version for a form she was filling out. So, in that case, one can't win for losing.... :angry-banghead:

I just tried to watch the "here's your baby sister" video. Ga! Worst yet. David just plain hates his wife. I think that's the problem. He hates her. She does seem beyond vapid. "Empty" is the best description. And that voice.........

Watching or listening to David is painful. He is the most awkward person, on so many levels. There is just something off about him, and he spouts bible verses and phrases in such a creepy way. Priscilla is 'off' too, but definitely in a more empty way than David.

I don't think he believes that he hates his wife. I do think he views her as an object and someone who fits into his "perfect Christian marriage" image.

What always strikes me about when David speaks about Paul and now Davia is that he pulls out the verse about children being a heritage from the Lord. Every. single. time. I feel as though he's saying 'and that's how I'm SUPPOSED to feel about that.' It's like he isn't invested or happy enough to come up with something off the cuff about how much he enjoys being a father, watching him grow and change, how they make the family more complete. No, it's always that same, tired verse. It appears to me as though he has a family because that was the Christian, Gothard-lovin' thing to do, rather than something in which he is truly devoted to and sincerely wants.

I watched the YouTube video David posted of Paul meeting his sister, and checked out some of the other videos. I was reading through the comments on the videos and literally LOL'ed reading a reply he wrote to someone when they asked why the groomsmen put on sunglasses when him and Priscilla kissed at the wedding. Here's a screen shot:

GA1qPAT.png

OH.MY.GOD. Dying! Such overkill. It just seems like...well....something someone who truly meant that *wouldn't* say. Like there's something to prove.....

And just in case anyone forgets...here's that hottest-kiss-EVER !!! up close and personal.....love the wide open mouth covering half her face from upper chin to nose! :cracking-up:

A922X0K.png

3 1/2 hours after birth that poor woman should have been in bed being waited on by her loser husband. There is no way in hell she should be propped up on the couch with Paul pushing on her belly simply to please teh internetz and prove that Jesusbirth is the bestbirth.

As for "girls are fragile." Fuck you, Davie. Your "girl" just squeezed an 8 pound baby out of her special part. I'm betting you couldnt take a shit that weighed more than a pound without screaming and crying for mommy. BABIES are fragile and need to be treated with care. Cute that Paul was "petting" his sister, but the fact that she's a girl (with a terrible name, you conceited fuck) has nothing to do with her being fragile.

I hope his 2 kids, a matched set, is enough to prove that he's "not gay" and he can stop procreating now. Poor kids.

Not everybody wants to be cooped up in bed after having a baby. Just like you said, women aren't delicate flowers and if Priscilla had an easy labor this time, she probably had a shower, a nap, and felt good enough to at least head into the living room to introduce her son to his new sister. She wasn't out on the town or anything. And it seems like they have a lot of help and support at the house, so I bet she doesn't have to do much beyond take care of herself and the baby. She honestly looks good for having just had a baby less than 24 hours prior. My friend had her babies easily, didn't really have rough labors and bounced back easily. She hated the whole "oh you should be in bed!!" Comments.

my last labor and birth was so quick and easy that my hair hadn't even dried by the time the kid was born. I had taken a shower before we went to the hospital...3 hours later, I was up walking around and already climbing the walls to get out of the hospital.

I watched the YouTube video David posted of Paul meeting his sister, and checked out some of the other videos. I was reading through the comments on the videos and literally LOL'ed reading a reply he wrote to someone when they asked why the groomsmen put on sunglasses when him and Priscilla kissed at the wedding. Here's a screen shot:

GA1qPAT.png

OH.MY.GOD. Dying! Such overkill. It just seems like...well....something someone who truly meant that *wouldn't* say. Like there's something to prove.....

And just in case anyone forgets...here's that hottest-kiss-EVER !!! up close and personal.....love the wide open mouth covering half her face from upper chin to nose! :cracking-up:

A922X0K.png

I just recreated this kiss with my husband. I made him be Priscilla and I was David. It was not hot, just wet and icky.

Not everybody wants to be cooped up in bed after having a baby. Just like you said, women aren't delicate flowers and if Priscilla had an easy labor this time, she probably had a shower, a nap, and felt good enough to at least head into the living room to introduce her son to his new sister. She wasn't out on the town or anything. And it seems like they have a lot of help and support at the house, so I bet she doesn't have to do much beyond take care of herself and the baby. She honestly looks good for having just had a baby less than 24 hours prior. My friend had her babies easily, didn't really have rough labors and bounced back easily. She hated the whole "oh you should be in bed!!" Comments.

I understand wanting to be up and about after labor...but wasn't this video uploaded just over 2 or 3 hours after the birth time they gave? That would mean it was shot very shortly after the birth, taking upload time into account. I'm not saying it's a bad thing- if she felt fine and wanted to do it more power to her! But I doubt there was anytime for a nap or real rest.I just can't imagine putting on an outfit and skirt like that so soon after birth when things are still tender. Yikes!

Archived