IGNORED

Davia Waller is here!

BeaSnarky

What always strikes me about when David speaks about Paul and now Davia is that he pulls out the verse about children being a heritage from the Lord. Every. single. time. I feel as though he's saying 'and that's how I'm SUPPOSED to feel about that.' It's like he isn't invested or happy enough to come up with something off the cuff about how much he enjoys being a father, watching him grow and change, how they make the family more complete. No, it's always that same, tired verse. It appears to me as though he has a family because that was the Christian, Gothard-lovin' thing to do, rather than something in which he is truly devoted to and sincerely wants.

Remember, marriage is not to make you happy marriage is to make you holy. That would include the offspring.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand wanting to be up and about after labor...but wasn't this video uploaded just over 2 or 3 hours after the birth time they gave? That would mean it was shot very shortly after the birth, taking upload time into account. I'm not saying it's a bad thing- if she felt fine and wanted to do it more power to her! But I doubt there was anytime for a nap or real rest.I just can't imagine putting on an outfit and skirt like that so soon after birth when things are still tender. Yikes!

I won't go into specific timeframes because I'm not that invested. Suffice to say, Priscilla looks really good and healthy and clearly had an easy labor, so if she wants to get up and around, more power to her. If it was one hour or three hours, not a huge deal to me. Maybe she took a nap right afterwards.

I just feel bad for her that the video wasn't done from her bedroom (where she presumably gave birth) and that she wasn't in her bathrobe or something more comfortable than a denim skirt. I just hope it was her choice and not something David staged and expected.

I agree with a previous poster, why can't he just say how happy he is to be a father rather than constantly prattle on with Bible verses. Shut up already. Children are indeed a blessing, he is just so compelled to purpose everything in his life to a Bible verse. He's exhausting. And I don't think he really believes it. He's just programmed to say it.

I can't imagine going through labor with him standing there quoting verses at me.

In the last Shrader video Esther sounded so much like Priscilla when she talked. Maybe it is a family thing or maybe it comes from being married to self-absorbed assholes who demand they perform on camera.

Poor Priscilla. Just hours after giving birth she is expected to be up, dressed, hair looking nice, make-up on and reciting the lines David has written for her. "Children are a blessing from the Lord" seems to be the only thing David can say about his kids. I think Priscilla probably loves being a mother and does the best she can with her limited education and a husband like that.

Was that even a kiss? Davey completely missed her mouth. He's sucking on her nose.

Holy hell, if that was the first kiss, I can't even imagine what that wedding night was like. Poor Priscilla.

Running for the :brain-bleach: now.

I can't imagine going through labor with him standing there quoting verses at me.

Exactly...I think Bible scriptures were the last thing I wanted to hear in Labor.

I thought the bit with Bible verses was standard operating procedure at fundie births. D&P were at it while she was in labor with Paul (and I think it was her idea) and hasn't Michelle Duggar said she chooses...OK, chose...verses when she gave birth? I'm not defending David's overall behavior but do believe that Priscilla is at least as zealous as he is, if not more so. Agree with all who are wondering why she wasn't resting in bed after 8 hard hours of labor. Hope it was her idea to get up and dressed, etc.

Has anyone ever read the Stephen King book 11/22/63: A Novel? Not to give too much away, but there is a character in the book who thinks sex is dirty and he insists on sleeping with a broom in the bed, to be a dividing line between him and his wife. She isn't allowed to cross the line and touch him unless he says so. I always think of this when David and Priscilla's marriage is discussed.

Davia :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a self obsessed idiot. Good job it wasn't twin girls as the other one would have been called Roberta. :wink-penguin: :gay-rainbowflag:

I thought the bit with Bible verses was standard operating procedure at fundie births. D&P were at it while she was in labor with Paul (and I think it was her idea) and hasn't Michelle Duggar said she chooses...OK, chose...verses when she gave birth? I'm not defending David's overall behavior but do believe that Priscilla is at least as zealous as he is, if not more so. Agree with all who are wondering why she wasn't resting in bed after 8 hard hours of labor. Hope it was her idea to get up and dressed, etc.

I think Derick and Jill have had verses written out since she was 12 weeks along. (There was an Instagram over it.) They are super prepared. :shock:

As far as second labors being "easier" than first, that is usually true but not always. I think Anna's labor with Michael was a lot worse than Macs.

Regarding the baby's weight-- In my experience it's all about their position and not weight. My 7 lb 11 oz baby was much more difficult and painful than my 9 lb baby.

I totally agree with this.

Has anyone ever read the Stephen King book 11/22/63: A Novel? Not to give too much away, but there is a character in the book who thinks sex is dirty and he insists on sleeping with a broom in the bed, to be a dividing line between him and his wife. She isn't allowed to cross the line and touch him unless he says so. I always think of this when David and Priscilla's marriage is discussed.

Not yet, but I'm off to Amazon now to order a copy! I quite like Stephen King and hadn't heard of that one.

At my niece's baby shower, the hostess (her brother's wife) had everyone write down a prayer for the mother-to-be. My not very observant Jewish sister-in-law and I were a bit flummoxed by the assignment. I think I just wrote down a good wish for my niece and the baby, maybe a mantra or something. I don't think my niece is even that religious although her sister-in-law is almost certainly fundie lite.

Do I have to tell you that I always hated sentence prayers that we did in Sunday school?

I totally agree with this.

Head size!!! My 10lbs 9oz baby was easy. I said so as soon as she was born. The nurses were stunned that I thought it was easy because they thought she was huge. The difference really was that she had a 36cm head compared to my previous baby's 45cm.

Anyway, glad to see Pris is up and about and looking well. I still don't think she is as stupid as those videos make her look. It's David that does that to her. When talking with Anna she sounds far more normal. I don't see anything wrong with her being up so soon. After my first I shower, dressed and walked from the labour ward back to the maternity ward, then arranged to go home. It's a personal thing.

The name ... oh dear ... would have made a great middle name, Davy, but let your daughter have her own first name. Sally is nice.

Head size!!! My 10lbs 9oz baby was easy. I said so as soon as she was born. The nurses were stunned that I thought it was easy because they thought she was huge. The difference really was that she had a 36cm head compared to my previous baby's 45cm.

Anyway, glad to see Pris is up and about and looking well. I still don't think she is as stupid as those videos make her look. It's David that does that to her. When talking with Anna she sounds far more normal. I don't see anything wrong with her being up so soon. After my first I shower, dressed and walked from the labour ward back to the maternity ward, then arranged to go home. It's a personal thing.

The name ... oh dear ... would have made a great middle name, Davy, but let your daughter have her own first name. Sally is nice.

I don't think it's so much that she's up out of bed. But dressed in that skirt that bothers me. It just looks so uncomfortable after having been in labor and giving birth a couple of hours before. I get that she wanted to put on a little makeup and brush her hair for the camera, but can these poor women not even wear pajama pants or sweats after giving birth? Are they really going to not be feminine enough?

I see your point. I don't wear pants ever and definitely would not have put any on after birth. I don't even own any and I don't imagine Pris does either. However, where is the nice cotton or jersey skirt. Something loose fit and easy to slouch about in.

I see your point. I don't wear pants ever and definitely would not have put any on after birth. I don't even own any and I don't imagine Pris does either. However, where is the nice cotton or jersey skirt. Something loose fit and easy to slouch about in.

Heck, what about a nice nightgown? I bought a new gown from Motherwear to wear in the hospital and afterward when I had my last baby. No pressure on the tummy or bottom! I definitely wasn't in my non-pregnant clothes right away. It takes time for that tummy to get back down to its non-PG state even if you do lose the baby weight quickly.

Okay being the creep I am, I did some snooping after the Gender Reveal episode and found out where in Chicago that Rob and Kendalyn Staddon and the Wallers live. Did David and Priscilla mention renting from someone in the past because their houses are actually really expensive! I cannot imagine that either of these couples make that much money working for IBLP. I wont disclose the complete address but the Wallers live in Hinsdale, IL and the Staddons live nearby in Oaks Brook, IL.

Okay being the creep I am, I did some snooping after the Gender Reveal episode and found out where in Chicago that Rob and Kendalyn Staddon and the Wallers live. Did David and Priscilla mention renting from someone in the past because their houses are actually really expensive! I cannot imagine that either of these couples make that much money working for IBLP. I wont disclose the complete address but the Wallers live in Hinsdale, IL and the Staddons live nearby in Oaks Brook, IL.

I live in Chicagoland.

For those that don't know, Oak Brook is fancy schmancy. Of course most people around here have no idea a cult is headquartered here. Oak Brook is known around here for it's humongous mall and home to fancy, expensive restaurants. I personally have never been inside as I could never afford such things but people always rave about it. It is a small town that is actually mostly big business buildings. It's not known as a residential area, that part is very small and it's kind of weird actually to hear that people actually LIVE in Oak Brook. The only ones I've heard of are famous people like the founder of Beanie Babies and a couple of current and former NHL players.

These kids (definitely not men yet!) all believe in no debt so you would have to assume most of them rent. I'd bet ATI owns a lot of property and they are getting the house as part of their employment package. It's a pretty standard way to reduce tax payments.

I live in Chicagoland.

For those that don't know, Oak Brook is fancy schmancy. Of course most people around here have no idea a cult is headquartered here. Oak Brook is known around here for it's humongous mall and home to fancy, expensive restaurants. I personally have never been inside as I could never afford such things but people always rave about it. It is a small town that is actually mostly big business buildings. It's not known as a residential area, that part is very small and it's kind of weird actually to hear that people actually LIVE in Oak Brook. The only ones I've heard of are famous people like the founder of Beanie Babies and a couple of current and former NHL players.

Yep, Oak Brook is indeed a fancy suburb. Worked in Oak Brook for several years and it's pretty much the mall, businesses (McDonald's HQ is there) and a few but very expensive homes. At the time, I had no idea that IBLP was there but went past the campus many times and always wondered what was in that big expansive green area with the colonial type buildings.

Archived