IGNORED

Davia Waller is here!

BeaSnarky

Gosh, Prissy, take a break! poor woman, up three hours after giving birth. Davia is the dumbest name ever, but the kid is cute and my word, Paul is adorable! Even Daveyboy seemed more involved this time than he ever has before.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birth Control maybe?

*soothing voice* Davia should not be taken with heart medication. Check with your doctor before taking Davia if you have reduced kidney function, diabetes or hepatitis A, B or F. Side effects include vision changes, stroke, numbness or tingling in extremities, sleep-eating spoonful after spoonful of mustard and relish, and exoskeletal shedding. You should discontinue taking Davia if your eyes spontaneously fall out in your sleep.

As someone who has a not terribly uncommon name with an uncommon pronunciation, having to constantly correct people on your name is like a slightly annoying curse that will follow you your whole life. I have seen a LOT of my friends get creative with names and spellings, but it never fails: the parents who do this all have incredibly standard names themselves. I don't know anyone with an uncommon name/spelling/pronunciation that intends to pass that along to their child. The struggle is real.

I think Davia is a lovely name, but I feel for her since she is going to spend her life correcting pronunciation/spelling.

Agreed. I have a name that is frequently either mispronounced or misspelled in the US. It's a pain.

Little Davia can always say: I'm Duh-VEE-Uh Waller. It rhymes with my cousin Soh-FEE-uh Shrader. Come to think of it - that's probably why the Pecans are mispronouncing it.

So should we call you Georg-jay-na or Georg-ee-ahna?

*soothing voice* Davia should not be taken with heart medication. Check with your doctor before taking Davia if you have reduced kidney function, diabetes or hepatitis A, B or F. Side effects include vision changes, stroke, numbness or tingling in extremities, sleep-eating spoonful after spoonful of mustard and relish, and exoskeletal shedding. You should discontinue taking Davia if your eyes spontaneously fall out in your sleep.

The next girl should be named Stevia.

I have one of those names that people always feel the need to shorten into something. My given name is Bernice. Professionally, that is what I go by. It is misspelled EVERY EFFING TIME. I do not shorten my name to Bernie. EVER. I do not shorten my name to Nici, EVER. Yet, people insist on doing that.

My family and friends call me Bea, which is what I've gone by to FAMILY AND FRIENDS forever. But you have to be in my inner circle.

My mother named me after her favorite Aunt. She gave me a name that will sound good at the retirement home. Not something cutsie (like my grandkids), not something overly popular (I grew up with 5 Jennifers in my elementary school classes). She told me she gave me a good old strong stock name - one I can stand on.

I hated it all through school, which is why my inner circle can get away with calling me Bea.

As for Davia - if it were anyone else, I'd say, "Oh, that's different" which is exactly what I told my step-daughter when she named my grand daughters. But I feel for the kid, because just like my grand daughters, she will spend an eternity correcting people about her name.

And Pris - go lay down. You just birthed a basket ball my dear. And someone brought you food. You deserve to take a nap.

Agreed. I have a name that is frequently either mispronounced or misspelled in the US. It's a pain.

Little Davia can always say: I'm Duh-VEE-Uh Waller. It rhymes with my cousin Soh-FEE-uh Shrader. Come to think of it - that's probably why the Pecans are mispronouncing it.

It's Georg-jay-na. My mother was a fan of Princess Di, which lead her to read a biography on Georgiana Spencer, Duchess of Devonshire, and she liked the name...and the Devonshire-set pronunciation. I probably say it closer to "Geor-jay-na", what with my American accent and all.

Unfortunately, within a few years of my birth, the BBC Pride and Prejudice would come out, in which Caroline Bingly constantly drawls about "Dear George-ee-AHna", so the fate of my name was sealed.

Birth Control maybe?

A friend of mine works at a company called Davita, which does mail-order kidney dialysis equipment and meds.

If you google "Davia", the pronunciation thingy that comes up says "Davy-uh" rather than the way David and Priscilla are pronouncing it.

I don't think it's a horrible name, and I don't think it's so bad to name a girl after her dad (e.g., Robert/ Roberta, etc)... but David Waller is just so... hard to watch on video.

I get the creepiest vibe from David... like he is the controlling husband from a horror movie.

Priscilla, honey, go sit down. You are 3 hours after having a kid. Go lay down.

I just tried to watch the "here's your baby sister" video. Ga! Worst yet. David just plain hates his wife. I think that's the problem. He hates her. She does seem beyond vapid. "Empty" is the best description. And that voice.........

I thought David seemed really happy and proud...for his kids. He was kind to Priscilla but didn't seem to be interacting much with her. I find it interesting that Priscilla remarked on what a great job he did as a coach, yet he made no comment about the job she did giving birth. It's hard to know what the real story is with those two. I don't think he's a mean guy. My guess is that there's a combination of dimness and cluelessness going on, they're both kind of frustrated, but are trying hard to think and behave as they believe Jesus would want them to.

I'm betting that secretly David wishes *his* name was Davia. He's living vicariously through his new daughter.

I wonder how long before he starts experiencing "headaches" and the frequency of Waller children begins to slow down?

David obviously can't cope with not being the centre of attention for one second. I'm amazed he didn't suffer from a sympathetic pregnancy!

Great name idea for Josh and Anna's next baby if it's a girl: Joshelle.

Oh God, Joshelle is even worse than Pecanna, although both Pecanna and Priscillus are growing on me. :lol:

I'm also in the camp that 8 pounds, 10 ounces isn't so bad in terms of size. I was a 10-pound baby, and my mother has always been fond of telling stories about how she nearly died having me because my shoulders got stuck. Of course, my mother was built the same way as I am, but she was more petite and probably had a much harder time as a result. Boy R and M was only one ounce bigger than Davia, but his birth wasn't too hard on me. But again, having wide hips probably helped a lot.

Yes. I have a common and classic name, but one which happens to have a zillion nicknames. I have to constantly ask people to call me by my nickname if they've first been "introduced" to me through official paperwork. It's not a huge deal, but it does get old after the 324,425,432,999th time. My husband, on the other hand, goes by his middle name. My mother in law gushes about how much she loves that name and always wanted to call a son that. So why is it his middle name? She just thought it sounded best as a middle name. :angry-banghead: So he also spends his life correcting people.

We made the deliberate decision to name our daughters normal but not overly common first names that we fully intended to use "as is." No nicknames or middle names.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I have the exact same problem. I was named after my grandmother, who had a name that became common during the baby boomer generation. Somehow, miraculously, I made it through school without having it shortened (except for my best friend, who insists on calling me by a nickname, but I digress...) and now when people ask me what I go by and I tell them the whole name, they inevitably remark "oh...how formal." Uh, no. That's just my name--yes, you have to pronounce three whole syllables.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

http://www.dirtybutton.com/videos/780-happy-fun-ball/

Gosh, Prissy, take a break! poor woman, up three hours after giving birth. Davia is the dumbest name ever, but the kid is cute and my word, Paul is adorable! Even Daveyboy seemed more involved this time than he ever has before.

Agree!

Did anyone else catch Davids comment at the beginning of the video, shortly after Paul gives Davia a hug?

"And girls are fragile, so you are going to be her protector."

I have a name that was very popular in the 80s (born late 80s), but thanks to numerous spellings and nicknames, I am always having to spell it. I go by the full version, but my parents, especially my father gave me the name with the intention on using the nickname. However, I really did not care for that nickname. He will not budge though and is still calling me the nickname. My bf has a long Indian name and hardly anyone could say it when he moved to the UK and then the US, so he uses a short and sweet nickname people.

Did anyone else catch Davids comment at the beginning of the video, shortly after Paul gives Davia a hug?

Yes. And he says this right after seeing his wife give birth. Yeah Davey, you're the fragile one, idiot!!

The EFF is that thing on her head? When I first saw the top of it, before I started scrolling down, I thought it was a plucked Thanksgiving turkey.

The name blah.

Priscilla looks so tired, why isn't David holding the baby? He didn't do shit while she was in labor but recite bible verses

Their son is cute

Is it me or foes David give off a bad vibe

The name blah.

Priscilla looks so tired, why isn't David holding the baby? He didn't do shit while she was in labor but recite bible verses

Their son is cute

Is it me or foes David give off a bad vibe

Yeah, everything David does seems like he's rehearsed it in the mirror since he was 12 and it's all an elaborate show to overcompensate for something...

He basically seems like he's faking his entire life. Or maybe he's a robot shell being piloted by a tiny slug-like alien.... hmmmm....

I think men are more fragile than women because their genitals are one big dangling weak spot and they can be incapacitated by one kick to the nuts. Us women have ours on the inside, where it is nice and safe.

I don't think David comes across as evil or anything (I cant look Michael Pearl in the eyes because he creeps me out so much, Gothard is so creepy looking he doesn't look real, and Steve Maxwell has serial killer eyes), he just comes across as being very weird.

Patronising sexism aside, if David has such strong opinions, why isn't he taking on the role of her protector himself? He's her dad, not Paul.

Archived