IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" is Born!

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did this information come from?

On Instagram today she says that next week they'll be back in the tropics.

[attachment=0]snow.png[/attachment]

If you scroll back a few posts apparently it came from someone's imagination.

If you scroll back a few posts apparently it came from someone's imagination.

It's from her Tsu.co profile. But it's posted as 'friends only'

Social media updates - new photo on her photo sharing site (river view this morning - stunning), and apparently they leave UK tomorrow... back to Australia?

If she's on the Thames, then I assume she made it out of Iceland.

So, on to North America, "schedule permitting," I guess, in 2016.

Just speaking theoretically,the US would be a terrible choice for illegal surrogacy. We enforce our laws and have one of the highest incarceration rates in the world.

I really feel the need to comment on this because I am not only an adopted child, but I'm also gay and probably could not carry a child to term without one or both of us having massive health complications and risking death.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
A lot of the comments here, were very upsetting to read. It's hurtful to read about how adoption fucks up the child, it's hurtful to read that the parents are being selfish for taking photos with the baby shortly after birth, it's hurtful to read that biological relationships are excessively important.

I was born to a teenage mother who was recently orphaned and couldn't care for me. She gave me up, but initially nobody wanted to adopt me because I nearly died when I was born and there was a possibility I'd have brain damage on top of my many physical health issues. My bio-mum ran off as soon as I was born.

Eventually I was matched with my parents. My mother couldn't carry a baby to term and my parents were happy to accept a baby with mental and/or physical disabilities. After they adopted me, by bio-mum returned and tried to claim me but thank god it was too late for that.

My parents are wonderful people. I was without parents for the first two months of my life and I was formula fed and all those things people think are bad and permanently fuck up children, but I don't care. I'm just grateful I was adopted into such a loving family.

They were always open about me being adopted, I've always known. They've always told me that if I wanted to track down my bio-mother (she gave almost no information on the father, and I've never wanted to know) they'd help me any way they could. Eventually I did meet my bio-mother and I found out I have two half-siblings and a massive extended family.

My bio-mother has a lot of mental health issues (some of which she passed to me and it contributes to my not wanting to biologically produce a child) and after inundating me with requests to meet up again she told my mother she wants nothing to do with me. I dearly want a relationship with my sister and uncle, who I have spoken to many times, but it's hard to do that when my bio-mother doesn't want anything to do with me (and I don't know what triggered her).

I understand adoptees who are uniniterested in knowing their biological parents because I want nothing to do with my biological father. I understand adoptees who have met their parents and realise they are far better off with their real family, the people who adopted and raised them. I understand adoptees who long for a relationship with their bio-family. I understand adoptees who want relationships with their half-siblings.

It just surprises me how black and white some of the thinking is here. I try to be understanding of other adoptees experiences, but 'X is wrong' is pretty concrete.

I don't think the GSGs are selfish for those photos. I don't think they 'used Lauren and will throw her away now they have what they want' any more than Lauren used them - it was mutually beneficial. The Gays get a son to love that they could never biologically produce and Lauren gets the ass pats and kudos. It was her choice to approach them.

Are the gays crazy for having chosen Lauren? Yes. But I don't think that makes them bad parents. I don't think Daniel is going to suffer because he was put into his father's arms after he was born (and we don't even know that this was the case). To say it's all about them in those photos isn't fair. We don't know the situation, and those photos are no different to any pictures of a newborn and its parents.

I'm not going to bother hoping Lauren gets help because she never will. I just hope she doesn't do anything that negatively impacts upon the girls (any more so than usual, I mean). I hope she's not dealing with PPP. Everything Lauren does seems to fuck with those poor little girls.

ETA: Just a small thing, but bringing Hitler into a debate basically gives the reader a free past to disregard everything you've said. Unless you're talking about something directly related to the war itself just... don't bring Nazis or Hitler into it. It ruins credibility even when you have a reasonable argument to make.

Goddamn I wish I could travel internationally like that. I'd say the bright side to the situation is the girls getting to see the world, but that doesn't exactly compensate for what they're going through so there really is no bright side.

And now they're on a tiny island just off the coast of Madagascar, in the Indian Ocean.

Womb rental must pay very well indeed!

ETA: aaah, it's the hub of Air Austral, so it's their stopover between Sydney and Paris. Never heard of the airline, but they have 777s, so not necessarily scary?

And now they're on a tiny island just off the coast of Madagascar, in the Indian Ocean.

Womb rental must pay very well indeed!

ETA: aaah, it's the hub of Air Austral, so it's their stopover between Sydney and Paris. Never heard of the airline, but they have 777s, so not necessarily scary?

For a second I thought I was on the Santa Tracker Website. Tiny island off of Madagascar Indeed.

For a second I thought I was on the Santa Tracker Website. Tiny island off of Madagascar Indeed.

IFLG

(I fucking love google)

So on Twitter, Sparkles is "feeling the need" to establish a homebase somewhere else in Australia, instead of, or in addtion to her one in South East Queensland. Preferably a "bush location" with somewhere to park the bus (duh), and store supplies.

A bush location to steer clear of authorities? Is she thinking if settling down in one spot? Or travelling overseas more? If she wants to travel overseas more, when she leaves the bus in the bush, how does she get to an airport or transport? Who knows?

Well, I'm certainly off to clean out our garage for her...what a shame we are in the 'burbs.

So on Twitter, Sparkles is "feeling the need" to establish a homebase somewhere else in Australia, instead of, or in addtion to her one in South East Queensland. Preferably a "bush location" with somewhere to park the bus (duh), and store supplies.

A bush location to steer clear of authorities? Is she thinking if settling down in one spot? Or travelling overseas more? If she wants to travel overseas more, when she leaves the bus in the bush, how does she get to an airport or transport? Who knows?

Well, I'm certainly off to clean out our garage for her...what a shame we are in the 'burbs.

I really hope for the girls' sake that she's thinking of settling down. Hopefully the few weeks of having a home base has convinced her that children need stability and will do better if they have consistency, hygiene, and their own beds to sleep in at night. But I'm not holding my breath.

I had the same thought Viola. Don't know how likely it is, but damn, those poor girls need some semblance of home and security. Beds, showers, comfort, somewhere they can relax and feel safe and nurtured. Poor kids :cry:

Fingers crossed her "homebodiness" has come to the fore.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Eight acres on the Gold Coast hinterland? Flubber - I am SO envious! Must be beautiful!

Fingers crossed her "homebodiness" has come to the fore.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Eight acres on the Gold Coast hinterland? Flubber - I am SO envious! Must be beautiful!

If she's done a flip flop on the unschooling and it means she sends the girls to a school? Then it's a flip flop to be given a standing ovation!

Perhaps living in a settled situation in Iceland she has realised you can live Ina house and still be "authentic". Or maybe one of the kids put her foot down?

Whatever - I so hope this is her plan. It'd be best for all of them.

@KarinLitzcke @bingbingham Yes, a well-curated multimedia library could replace learning institutions. In #unschooling we call it strewing.

It could be that the home base idea is financially motivated. Asking for "any ideas" seems to be just canvassing for an offer of free land to squat on. She can set up a dodgy cabin/camp, and tart it up to be a hippie showpiece. She and the girls stay there for a while, save money on fuel and negate "on the road" expenses. Growing vegetables and being more self-sufficient would also be something she can brag about. And all of her wonderful itinerant friends can come to stay! She can host gatherings!!

Then, after a few weeks/months of that she will save whatever dole/welfare/donations she gets and then try for another international journey. Probably not Europe, somewhere cheaper - I can see her cruising through South America or South East Asia... living it up on her western money. Traveling around boring old Australia isn't that impressive anymore.

:doh:

In the real world we call it not bothering to educate your children.

Next all they'll be 'unschooling' uni students.

!! All you need to become a doctor is 5 years spent in a library - or online equivalent. !! :music-tool:

Did you see the comment she made before this? She said that in the old days you became a lawyer by reading, and you should be able to do the same now. Just. so. ignorant. I'm tempted to sign up for twitter and tell her that you can still get a degree at Oxbridge by reading a subject. She'd be crowing from the rooftops about how they un-uni.

(for the less familiar folks; in the old days you used to read and meet with a tutor to discuss and learn, just like you do now, only with a smaller class size. The relic of this is that at posh English universities you say you're 'reading law')

It could be that the home base idea is financially motivated. Asking for "any ideas" seems to be just canvassing for an offer of free land to squat on. She can set up a dodgy cabin/camp, and tart it up to be a hippie showpiece. She and the girls stay there for a while, save money on fuel and negate "on the road" expenses. Growing vegetables and being more self-sufficient would also be something she can brag about. And all of her wonderful itinerant friends can come to stay! She can host gatherings!!

Then, after a few weeks/months of that she will save whatever dole/welfare/donations she gets and then try for another international journey. Probably not Europe, somewhere cheaper - I can see her cruising through South America or South East Asia... living it up on her western money. Traveling around boring old Australia isn't that impressive anymore.

Sadly, this sounds like an awesome pitch for a new TLC reality show. One that actually would do well...

I think the surrogacy thing will be her new gig. This worked out very well for her. She got to bond with the gold stars, make some money, see the world... She'll be looking to do this again within a year. In order to facilitate contact she probably needs to have a single location to get mail and maybe even a bank account so I think she may pop a squat for the near future.

Sadly, this sounds like an awesome pitch for a new TLC reality show. One that actually would do well...

I think the surrogacy thing will be her new gig. This worked out very well for her. She got to bond with the gold stars, make some money, see the world... She'll be looking to do this again within a year. In order to facilitate contact she probably needs to have a single location to get mail and maybe even a bank account so I think she may pop a squat for the near future.

If they make a show of sparkling Lauren, would you PLEASE do recaps for us Buzzard? I miss your duggar episode recaps.

Some of her parenting moves are SO over-the-top that I think a TLC show would go the way of Honey Boo Boo. People who are oddities make them money. People who clearly neglect or endanger the kids ( the eye burr incident certainly stands out ) are a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Archived