IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" is Born!

I badly want to ask you if the hockey parents there are as bad as the parents of the team which uses the rink after my kids lessons. But it's the team of a pretty awfuly/snobby town, so it may just be them?

I think it is like anything. You have great parents and you have delusional ones who think their 4 year old is destined for the NHL. Next week. You have parents who are supportive and properly engaged and you have the ones who think that sitting a kid for pushing or tripping is damaging their spirit. Or worse the parents who say "discipline is what I pay you to do". Then there are the parents who think that because I have a vagina I am completely unable to understand the complexities of coaching the game. I am a Level 4 certified coach. I plan to sit my level 5 next year and write the requisite dissertation. I have been coaching 3-6 year olds for 8 years. I am the most ridiculously overqualified coach you'll meet. Sexist Parent- that male coach you just asked the exact same question to? He's been playing a year. He can't stop in both directions.

Sorry. I really went off on a tangent there. It's been a long season. And it isn't even half way over.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lauren has either taken all her photos off instagram or made them all private. they're all gone.

They're still there & visible to anyone, AFAIK.

Has anyone noticed from recent pics that it looks like at least 2 of the girls' hair has been dyed? What could be going on with that? First the international redhead gathering, then coloring their hair to dark brunette? Seems strange to me... :?

Has anyone noticed from recent pics that it looks like at least 2 of the girls' hair has been dyed? What could be going on with that? First the international redhead gathering, then coloring their hair to dark brunette? Seems strange to me... :?

My knee-jerk armchair psychologist reaction is that they wanted to differentiate themselves from their mother, most probably because they feel hurt and angered over the situation with little Daniel. Lauren takes such pride in being redheaded, it's perhaps their version of rejecting her by rejecting the own red color of their hair.

Or that could be the martinis I've had talkin'. Either way.

I think it is like anything. You have great parents and you have delusional ones who think their 4 year old is destined for the NHL. Next week. You have parents who are supportive and properly engaged and you have the ones who think that sitting a kid for pushing or tripping is damaging their spirit. Or worse the parents who say "discipline is what I pay you to do". Then there are the parents who think that because I have a vagina I am completely unable to understand the complexities of coaching the game. I am a Level 4 certified coach. I plan to sit my level 5 next year and write the requisite dissertation. I have been coaching 3-6 year olds for 8 years. I am the most ridiculously overqualified coach you'll meet. Sexist Parent- that male coach you just asked the exact same question to? He's been playing a year. He can't stop in both directions.

Sorry. I really went off on a tangent there. It's been a long season. And it isn't even half way over.

We deliberately chose a league which not only works with our schedule, but also has a lot of families that we know from school and the community. Part of me figures that they'll be less nasty if they actually know the other kids, or if the parents know each other. Of course, that only goes so far, and I still need to hear hockey rants regularly.

Wow, she's still in Iceland. Guess her Australian welfare is up by now? Maybe she's, uh, living off her generous inheritance.

OK this is one time I am totally envious - that Chateau is lovely. Plus I'd love to go to the UK...*sigh*

Obviously by working, paying our bills etc Mr Daffy and I are doing it all wrong...who knew? All we had to do when we were younger was drag our kids about, not educate them, not teach them even basic personal hygiene or encourage them to wear shoes, not provide any healthcare, rent out my womb, and we'd be international travellers too.

Yep I fully admit I'm envious if they are staying in that house. I thought we lived it up paying $200AUD/night for an airbnb flat in London. How can someone with no income afford that place? (And how rainbow/crusty/authentic is it?not very! Looks utterly bourgeois to moi).

And where has she posted about it?

That place is gorgeous. It's booked from December 2 to December 12, so that could be a nice long stay.

Do you think the girls will be allowed to sleep inside and use the bath tubs? Or will they have to camp outside and bathe in the river since it's more authentic?

i hope they can use those gorgeous bathrooms to their hearts' content and have fun making Christmas cookies in a real kitchen. I'm so happy for the girls :)

I feel so bad about the lifestyle she is subjecting her kids to. I just want one kid. A kid who would have a room, food, clothes, toys. Why does she get endless fertilized eggs?

OK this is one time I am totally envious - that Chateau is lovely. Plus I'd love to go to the UK...*sigh*

That's not a chateau, it's a cottage with a silly name, being sold at over-the-top prices to spendthrift overseas visitors.

Wow, that's a great "inheritance" she had though. Hope she'll have enough left to buy shoes for the girls.

I feel so bad about the lifestyle she is subjecting her kids to. I just want one kid. A kid who would have a room, food, clothes, toys. Why does she get endless fertilized eggs?

I know, right? Hugs.

I suspect the fathers paid for it as a "thank you" gift to the family, in other words an inducement for them to leave.

This. A good way to kindly tell her to be on her way. They have to be itching to get rid of her and the kids. This was a business transaction for the dads, not the love affair that Sparkles claimed it to be. The dads played along nicely to get their baby, and now it's done.

Looking back at pictures, Agust looks completely miserable in all the pictures with Lauren.

eeeeep, she's in the same country as me! I wonder if she'll make it all the way up North... yeah, Brighton or Bristol would have been more "sparkling" choices of place than the outskirts of London...

That place is gorgeous. It's booked from December 2 to December 12, so that could be a nice long stay.

I am curious to know where this information is coming from because she is still posting photos of Iceland on her sparklingadventures instagram account, most recently a few hours ago.

I am curious to know where this information is coming from because she is still posting photos of Iceland on her sparklingadventures instagram account, most recently a few hours ago.

It being booked, I took from the rental site. I don't know if Lauren booked it or not. That information I took from the thread. She could be posting pictures from days ago.

I hope she comes up north. My friend is involved in rainbow stuff here in the UK, and I am dying to have a sparkling sighting myself.

Archived