IGNORED

Vision Forum Ads

Lillybee

When surfing the internet, I noticed that Vision Forum ads are showing on a few sites that I visit. These sites have nothing to do with religion so I find it strange. Two of the sites are The Raw Story, a liberal news site, and Wow Insider, a World of Warcraft news site.

Have any of you noticed Vision Forum ads, too?

A lot of ad companies base the ads you see on your surfing habits. So if you frequent religion related sites, you'll end up with cookies from them on your computer. The ad companies use this information to tailor their ads to your 'interests'. Get adblock, a firefox ad-on and you'll be VF-free!

A lot of ad companies base the ads you see on your surfing habits. So if you frequent religion related sites, you'll end up with cookies from them on your computer. The ad companies use this information to tailor their ads to your 'interests'. Get adblock, a firefox ad-on and you'll be VF-free!

I go the opposite route. I click on them. Always. I like costing VF money,

Never thought of that!

Do they have to pay for each ad you click? I was under the impression sites make money for each ad you click, no?

Do they have to pay for each ad you click? I was under the impression sites make money for each ad you click, no?

Sort of. The site HOSTING the ad makes money per click. The chain usually goes something like this:

site wanting to be advertised pays ad company=> ad company put ads on site => site hosting ads makes money per advertisement clicked.

So, if you click on a vision forum ad from a liberal news site, the news site makes money, and vision forum is paying to be clicked. I don't know if the site being advertised pays per click or a flat rate, though. If I recall, this is how a lot of blogs make a little money. Even on just blogger, if you implements ads into your blog design and they get clicked on, you make a penny or two per click.

So, if I'm reading at, say, The Great Orange Satan (a.k.a. Daily Kos), and a VF or similar ad pops up, clicking on it will cost VF et al. money, as in cash dollar?

So, if I'm reading at, say, The Great Orange Satan (a.k.a. Daily Kos), and a VF or similar ad pops up, clicking on it will cost VF et al. money, as in cash dollar?

Yes. Usually they pay by impression (which are super targeted) or they pay by click which are less targeted. Or possibly both.

Archived