IGNORED

We are a Christian nation because of Wait for it. BACON

doggie

The crazy is strong in this one. but I do agree bacon is fantastic.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/09/17 ... con-video/

Eureka, they’ve found it! Right wing Christians, who have long been searching for a way to prove that America was always meant to be a theocracy, not a secular country, have finally stumbled upon a piece of evidence so earth-shattering that not even the most cynical atheist could possibly deny it. Is it a letter from the founders? A missing addendum to the Declaration of Independence? The long lost real, true ‘other’ Constitution which was secretly replaced by the Illuminati centuries ago?

No, it’s bigger! It’s BACON!

On September 15, 2014, right wing pastor and certifiably crazy person, Bryan Fischer, revealed ‘absolute proof†that America is a Christian nation to his radio audience, saying:

You want one single item of proof that America is a Christian nation and not a Jewish nation and not an Islamic nation? One single bit of proof is all you need: we freely allow restaurants and grocery stores to sell and to serve bacon. That can only happen in a Christian country.

Why, yes, of course it’s bacon! Why didn’t we see this before? Only a Christian nation would allow people to sell, serve or consume all that smoky, sweet, greasy goodness that is known as bacon.

Or maybe a non-religious, totally secular country would also allow that… Nah.

A Hindu country? Holy cow, if it weren’t for all those burgers and steaks, I’d think he might be on to something there.

Fischer summed it up by saying:

“So the sheer fact that we freely allow the sale and consumption of bacon is absolute proof that we are, in fact, a Christian nation.â€

Pork happens to be a favorite meat and there's over a billion people in China. The most Christian nation on the planet must be China, then. Except that it's not. Few of the Chinese are Christian.

His follow-up, defending himself, was even stupider, if that's possible.

He was pilloried! :shock:

I set off a bit of a firestorm over the weekend by tweeting out a simple message, that the fact we openly serve and sell bacon in America is further evidence, nay, proof, that we are a Christian nation by history, heritage and values. For stating this obvious and uncontestable fact, I was attacked and pilloried by the New Yorker from the left and Reason.com from the libertarian right.

Bottom line: dietary rules in any culture are rooted in religious principle. Jewish nations have restrictions because of Judaism. Muslims nations have restrictions because of Islam. Christian nations have no restrictions because of Christianity. I, for one, am grateful to live in a Christian nation. And atheists who love their ham and eggs have reason to be grateful too.

It apparently never occurred to him -- at all -- that there were other options for the dietary habits of humans besides Kosher, Halal, and Christian?

That is mind-boggling.

renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/140917

Bryan Fischer is a raving nutjob and he looks like he could be Marshall Applewaite's brother.

Ugh. Now I'm going to feel suspicious every time someone posts a bacon-idolizing meme online. Are they covertly agreeing with this whackadoodle?

I guess this is proof the Duggars aren't Christian.

that's the thing though the Duggar's do eat bacon just Turkey bacon. this guy seems to forget you can get bacon in more then one form. :lol:

I don't eat pork at all*, but I'm agnostic, oh no, WHAT AM I?

*My husband/family does, I'm a pig farmer's granddaughter, it's complicated. I also don't consume dairy products.

The crazy is strong in this one. but I do agree bacon is fantastic.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/09/17 ... con-video/

Eureka, they’ve found it! Right wing Christians, who have long been searching for a way to prove that America was always meant to be a theocracy, not a secular country, have finally stumbled upon a piece of evidence so earth-shattering that not even the most cynical atheist could possibly deny it. Is it a letter from the founders? A missing addendum to the Declaration of Independence? The long lost real, true ‘other’ Constitution which was secretly replaced by the Illuminati centuries ago?

No, it’s bigger! It’s BACON!

On September 15, 2014, right wing pastor and certifiably crazy person, Bryan Fischer, revealed ‘absolute proof†that America is a Christian nation to his radio audience, saying:

You want one single item of proof that America is a Christian nation and not a Jewish nation and not an Islamic nation? One single bit of proof is all you need: we freely allow restaurants and grocery stores to sell and to serve bacon. That can only happen in a Christian country.

Why, yes, of course it’s bacon! Why didn’t we see this before? Only a Christian nation would allow people to sell, serve or consume all that smoky, sweet, greasy goodness that is known as bacon.

Or maybe a non-religious, totally secular country would also allow that… Nah.

A Hindu country? Holy cow, if it weren’t for all those burgers and steaks, I’d think he might be on to something there.

Fischer summed it up by saying:

“So the sheer fact that we freely allow the sale and consumption of bacon is absolute proof that we are, in fact, a Christian nation.â€

:dontgetit:

Oh really? Well I'm a Jewish-Humanist who loves and I mean LOVES her bacon...

Pork happens to be a favorite meat and there's over a billion people in China. The most Christian nation on the planet must be China, then. Except that it's not. Few of the Chinese are Christian.

Pigs are smarter than this guy.

*headdesk* this is just...wow.

i mean, i love bacon. it's probably one of my favourite foods. i'll eat bacon on or with just about anything. but this correlation just gave me the brain pain, coach.

Archived