IGNORED

Truett Cathy (Chikfila founder) died

jerkit

cnn.com/2014/09/08/us/truett-cathy-chick-fil-a-founder-death/

Anyone know anything about his heirs? Are they of the same gay-hating persuasion as he was? Could his death mean changes for CFA policies?

Actually, it is Truett Cathy and his son is just as bad if not worse

Wonder if they will seal the coffin so the grease does not contaminate the ground? Sorry could not resist the first thing that popped into my head.

i actually met truett when i was a little girl in one of the chik-fil-a's in the atlanta area. i don't remember much, as i was pretty young, but my parents were stoked. he seemed like a nice man. then i grew up and realized what his views were, and it tainted the image i had of him as this nice old man. so, i feel kind of conflicted...i feel sorry that he passed, as most deaths sadden me plus i just remember the nice old man i met, but at the same time i don't feel like i should have that much sympathy for his ilk.

Wonder if they will seal the coffin so the grease does not contaminate the ground? Sorry could not resist the first thing that popped into my head.

Don't feel bad; my initial reaction was to run to nearest CFA and get some waffle fries.

Don't feel bad; my initial reaction was to run to nearest CFA and get some waffle fries.

and lemonade! they seriously have the best lemonade in the world. not too sweet, just tart enough.

While I can't stand their views what I found horrifying when I read the story today was how Chikfila came about (it was developed when they wanted a use for chicken leftovers once airplane meals were prepared)

While I can't stand their views what I found horrifying when I read the story today was how Chikfila came about (it was developed when they wanted a use for chicken leftovers once airplane meals were prepared)

Oh god, gross.

I've never actually eaten CFA. I'm allergic to wheat and my husband is allergic to peanuts (CFA uses peanut oil for their food) so that pretty much takes care of us eating there.

Why would any restaurant give an opening story that sounds like they are serving up the parts of a chicken that isn't good enough for plane food.

Yum, chicken assholes.

Why would any restaurant give an opening story that sounds like they are serving up the parts of a chicken that isn't good enough for plane food.

Yum, chicken assholes.

Because Fundies would (literally) eat up a story like that... Showing His Gift of ingenuity, not wasting Gods Creation, yadayada...

Yum, chicken assholes.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2 ... y-has-died

part way down in the article...

An opportunity in 1961 led to the development of the restaurant chain's trademark chicken sandwich when a company that cooked boneless, skinless chicken for airline meals wanted to sell him pieces that were too big for the airline customer's needs.

it wasn't leftovers, it was stuff the airlines didn't want because the pieces were too big. don't buy into needless hype. :)

it wasn't leftovers, it was stuff the airlines didn't want because the pieces were too big. don't buy into needless hype. :)

I hadn't clicked but was thinking that their chicken, which I have eaten, is generally good and not Pressed and Formed like most other chicken you find at fast food places.

I also will say when I heard of his death... Only the Good Die Young.

;)

*cough*bullshit*cough*

If a piece is too big, you cut it down to size. Are you going to toss out a chocolate cake because you only want a small piece? That's what they're saying was happening.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

If a piece is too big, you cut it down to size. Are you going to toss out a chocolate cake because you only want a small piece? That's what they're saying was happening.

businesses have done more illogical things than that. the most logical thing i can think of off the top of my head is that cutting them down would make the breasts un-ideal as far as the standard of what they are supposed to look like. superficial and stupid? yes. possible? extremely.

*edit* further thoughts...since the company providing the chicken is separate from the airlines, perhaps there was a size standard as to what they would accept and they would reject anything above that. plus the standard of looks (which, yes, i've had to follow, in a pizza shop, placing pepperoni "just so", so having breasts look whole and uncut is not out the realm of possibility, in my mind), they probably figured they could sell the unwanted breasts.

I am happy there is one less homophobe in the world. I wish Mr Cathy had been different, but having met him I am sorry for his family's loss.

When a Chickfila opened its first location in my city 31 years ago, I was hired on the opening crew. Mr Cathy came to town the night before the restuarant opened and took all of us to the nicest French restuarant in town. And it was a VERY expensive, upscale place.

No booze was served though ;)

He was genuinely interested in us and our families.

As to Chickfila food, back then at least, everything was made from scratch, except that the ice cream was made with powdered eggs, due to salmonella concerns.

Other than Illegally asking what religion I was when I was hired (I just said I was raised Methodist), religion was never brought up the year I worked there. I ate for free every shift and I'm still not tired of the food!

i actually met truett when i was a little girl in one of the chik-fil-a's in the atlanta area. i don't remember much, as i was pretty young, but my parents were stoked. he seemed like a nice man. then i grew up and realized what his views were, and it tainted the image i had of him as this nice old man. so, i feel kind of conflicted...i feel sorry that he passed, as most deaths sadden me plus i just remember the nice old man i met, but at the same time i don't feel like i should have that much sympathy for his ilk.

I've met him as well, and share your opinion of him. He was very pleasant. CFA was revered in our church because the company allowed SDA employees to keep Sabbath leading to a full weekend off which is uncommon in the fast food industry.

Archived