IGNORED

Film "Kidnappedfor Christ"

patsymae

Has anyone else seen this and have a comment? Got to admit I'm the kind of person who just keeps on the TV most of the day for the noise, and then I looked at it and there were these kids hiking up a hill and one of them took off his prothesis and showed the filmmaker his open sores, but he had to continue going.

So I continued watching. It's "ALERT" and "Journey to the Heart" on steroids. I think it's probably more common than we know. And the filmmaker who identifies, or did at the time she started filmikng,herself as an evangelical, switched gears.

Anyone else seen this? Comments? Or is this so common I'm naive to be distressed?

i hadn't heard of this before. do you know who sponsers this?

i really feel for that poor kid, that must be incredibly painful. not to mention potentially dangerous, considering the numerous infections he could acquire.

Is this the movie where the teenagers were being beaten and held against their will in the Dominican Republic. They had to get the embassy involved to have the place release the 18 year old gay man because he was being held against his will. (They only recognized the will of the parents...not following the law at all)

If it is I felt really bad not only for the kids who were tortured but for the ones they interviewed at the end who were brainwashed! Believing still 4-5 years later that it was what they needed and deserved in their lives.

This world can be a scary place!

This is being offered on one of my on demand channels right now, but I haven't watched it, yet. I thought I might give it a go this weekend.

I was one of the kickstarter backers for this. IIRC, the filmmaker had gone to make a film about the positive changes the school was making in kids' lives, but as she interviewed them she started to figure out something very wrong was going on.

I vaguely recall hearing something about this. I'd certainly watch it if I could find it on my DirecTv, but it's been an ass lately and we are waiting on a repairman to come out and fix it (half of the channels aren't coming in anymore despite the sunny weather). Was a book written about the experiences as well?

Archived