IGNORED

Lyndsie is selling her clothes!

WonderingInWA

You know, if someone has to solicit donations for a $1,000 homestudy, it's probaby a safe bet that they can't really afford to adopt a child. The great clothing sale proves it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nursery THEME? None of my three have even had a nursery. They sleep in our room until they're old enough to sleep in a little toddler bed in the children's room. I'm totally disorganised, lacking in any extra space, and devoid of decorating flare or talent.

I buy shoes in advance, especially runners. You know you'll need that size eventually, so if a pair comes by at a good price, or unused at the thrift shop, I get it then. Swaps are also a great place to find very lightly-used items.

Couldn't she have at least ironed some of the clothes before posting pictures online? They look like a mess....or does princess not know how to iron clothes?

$40 on baby shoes? No. Never.

Maybe for a non-walker; but once they start toddling around you have to put something on their feet and Target/Walmart/Sears doesn't always work, says the mother who had to buy extra-wide shoes for damn near three years :lol:

That being said, I have no idea how old their baby is currently...

I'll second the extra wide issue! My first son had extra wide feet with high arches so nothing fit him except Stride Rite. My other son just had normal 'wide' feet. Luckily we live near some outlets with a Stride Rite so I was able to save a little but man, we spent some money on shoes! I'm happy to report that they can wear regular shoes now.

Nursery THEME? None of my three have even had a nursery. They sleep in our room until they're old enough to sleep in a little toddler bed in the children's room. I'm totally disorganised, lacking in any extra space, and devoid of decorating flare or talent.

I buy shoes in advance, especially runners. You know you'll need that size eventually, so if a pair comes by at a good price, or unused at the thrift shop, I get it then. Swaps are also a great place to find very lightly-used items.

I also do the buy shoes in advance when I find sales. I refuse to pay more than $20 for shoes for any a child who will only wear them for a few months. Check out the Stride Rite's website sometimes you can get them for $20 or less.

You know, if someone has to solicit donations for a $1,000 homestudy, it's probaby a safe bet that they can't really afford to adopt a child. The great clothing sale proves it.

Lyndsie and Daniel have always been naive and immature about money and other things. Lyndsie refused to even work part time to contribute to the adoption. She had two different execuses at different times on the blog. Some people did email to question why she didn't work and at first she said the reason was private and then another time she said that when she married Daniel, she no longer desired a career. At one point, she had interest in becoming a cosmetologist and even worked at a salon. On the blog she said that Daniel made enough money that allowed to her stay home. I think maybe they could have easily survived on one income, but their spending habits and their desire to adopt proved that they couldn't really afford extra things on one income.

Sadly it seems that no one in their families and others really never talked any sense into them. Lyndsie's family and friends seem to coddle her and during her bouts with cancer she was uninsured. She qualified as a indigent for a teaching hospital and fundraisers were held on her behalf. She didn't have debt from her cancer bouts and I think she believes that it is ok to have other people provide things for her. I can understand the charity given to her during her cancer bouts because that was a need. But the adoption fund and her not working even part time was just something that I couldn't really sympathize with. Lyndsie's brother posted on FJ after a disrupted adoption and some of the posters said he was trying to blame for FJ for what happend and right after the adoption of the boy was announced possibly a relative or friend of Lyndsie posted on FJ to defend her. The friend made some comment about Lyndsie being better than people on food stamps. I had to laugh at that comment because Lyndsie isn't perfect and she has a history of being on the charity of others.

She and Daniel lucked out with this adoption of the little boy. I do wonder if he was adopted from foster care as others have theorized. There are financially stable couples out in the world who still haven't adopted. They were doing a private adoption attempts with a lawyer and they said earlier in the year that they would go to an agency if they didn't get a baby by April 2011. If they were to go to an agency in a couple years or so, they might not even qualify because Lyndsie admitted to still having cancer cells in her body.

Wouldn't taking the clothes to a consignment shop be a lot quicker and easier than an online yard sale via FB? Especially if the clothes are name-brand and in decent condition.

I think Lyndsie is expecting to get more then a fair price for the clothing. If she's targeting family and friends who will feel bad for them because poor Dan and Lyndsie just don't have any money left after paying for the adoption (and outfiting the nursery in designer stuff) then she will probably get far more money on facebook then a consignment store would give. I only have experience with consigning children's clothes but I took four brand new with the tags on them baby outfits (that we got after he'd already passed that size) and consigned them for maybe $10. Of course I do store credit and then buy the current size or one above so I get a lot of use out of the $10.

$40 on baby shoes? No. Never.

Yep, my oldest had extra-wide feet and Stride-Rite was all that would fit him. He also had fat pads on the tops of his feet (which I think is common in toddler feet) which Stride-Rite could fit comfortably. That fat pad doesn't go away for a long time. Of course my son is 11.5 now, and his feet are bigger than mine -- LOL! And those pesky fat pads are gone!

Wouldn't taking the clothes to a consignment shop be a lot quicker and easier than an online yard sale via FB? Especially if the clothes are name-brand and in decent condition.

Few consignment shops would be willing to take Lyndsie's wrinkled or worn items. Reading through the photo comments, it seems like her "Online Yard Sale" consists of things that consignment stores have already passed up.

Also, she is setting her prices extremely high.

For example, she asked $10 (all her prices include shipping) for a black-and-white sequined top from Wet Seal. Similar tops and dresses can be purchased new on sale from Wet Seal for $8.99 plus $5 shipping. She is asking $18.00 for a Bisou Bisou black and white top - again, similar items can be purchased new on clearance for $18.20-$25.20 at JCPenney. The Tweeds brand plaid skirt can be bought new for $6.20 clearance in a different colorway - she is asking $10 for an item that has been worn.

Her friends and family are paying inflated prices for Lyndsie's secondhand stuff because they want to support her. While it is good to see her getting her priorities in order, it still seems like she feels entitled to more than other people would receive for similar effort.

She's asking for 10$ for the shirt and shipping is included in that price. I believe Oscar is saying that shipping for a shirt is what? Like $3 max? So, she's asking $10 for a Wet Seal shirt minus $3 shipping = $7 total charge for just the shirt. And that shirt can be bought NEW from the store for $8.99. Correct me if I'm wrong please, Oscar.

I also think it the people that will likely buy the stuff are friends and family. Some people will avoid buying used clothes online from strangers.

She's asking for 10$ for the shirt and shipping is included in that price. I believe Oscar is saying that shipping for a shirt is what? Like $3 max? So, she's asking $10 for a Wet Seal shirt minus $3 shipping = $7 total charge for just the shirt. And that shirt can be bought NEW from the store for $8.99. Correct me if I'm wrong please, Oscar.

Yes, demgirl - that's what I meant to say. I didn't phrase it as clearly as I should have. Sorry for the confusion, Jessica!

Why doesn't she just have a regular old yard sale, price everything at 2 or 3 bucks and be done with it?

Why doesn't she just have a regular old yard sale, price everything at 2 or 3 bucks and be done with it?

Because she is Lyndsie and her wrinkled Wet Seal top is worth more than the same top from a heathen.

When did someone post on the old FJ that Lyndsie was better than someone on food stamps? Was that Sunny - the supposed birth mom of "Aubrey Ann"?

Because she is Lyndsie and her wrinkled Wet Seal top is worth more than the same top from a heathen.

When did someone post on the old FJ that Lyndsie was better than someone on food stamps? Was that Sunny - the supposed birth mom of "Aubrey Ann"?

It wasn't Sunny. It was a poster called SourWarhead. This person was defending Lyndsie and he or she said that FJ was being cruel to Lyndsie and that Lyndsie didn't deserve to be snarked because she had cancer. He or she called FJers food stamp lovin' homos and then they said that Lyndsie is a very sweet person blah blah and she was better than homos and people on food stamps.

People disliked and snarked on Lyndsie mostly because of entitled attitude and the fact that she couldn't even work part time to help contribute to the adoption fund. Also Lyndsie is no saint and I'm sure other people who have gone through cancer do go around expecting everyone to feel sorry for them.

:lol:

Lyndsie blogged about having an "adoption fundraiser" yard sale back in March. I have her blog in my Google reader so I can still see old posts. They held the sale at a friend's house, probably because their own house is indeed too far out in the country for a yard sale. She posted a few pics of them setting up for the yard sale and it looked like the friend's house was in a subdivision. Whatever money they made probably got used up pretty quickly, though. Or they didn't make as much as they'd hoped.

It wasn't Sunny. It was a poster called SourWarhead. This person was defending Lyndsie and he or she said that FJ was being cruel to Lyndsie and that Lyndsie didn't deserve to be snarked because she had cancer. He or she called FJers food stamp lovin' homos and then they said that Lyndsie is a very sweet person blah blah and she was better than homos and people on food stamps.

That's right. Now I remember.

I'm wondering if it's just me, but Lyndsie must have a crap load of clothes. I know I keep a minimal wardrobe, but I don't need much right now ... it just seems to me if she has that much to post and sell, her closet must be overflowing.

I don't follow Lyndsie, I read the adoption posts on the old site and that was enough for me. She must be a really heavy shopper, correct me if I'm wrong.

Some of those things she said she never even wore. I think they are probably in way over their heads financially.

In any case, they better come up with a better plan that selling used, wrinkled clothes on facebook, if they don't want to end up going bankrupt.

I know its probably not what they want to hear, but if they're really hard up, they might think about selling the house and downsizing. They could cut down their mortgage payment by a lot if they did sell. All they really need is a two bedroom house.

Archived