IGNORED

Virgin Territory

jerkit

{feel free to move this - couldn't decide between QFOS and WWOS}

Has anyone seen this MTV show? It follows the stories of virgins. Some of them end up having sex, others don't. Anyways, there's a kid from Liberty University. I think he's a senior and I hope so, because as soon as LU sees the show, he will be immediately kicked out because he admits to receiving multiple blow jobs. I find it really interesting that he's all about saving intercourse for marriage but oral and mutual masturbating are a-okay with Jesus.

Has anyone else seen this show? What are your thoughts?

Nah, I haven't seen it. I'll have to ask Miss GG if she's heard of the program. She likes some of the MTV docu-series like "True Life."

I just watched the first one On Demand. The only thing I took away from it was how awkward the poor 20ish year old virgin guy was. I cringed and cringed at his flirting.

I just watched the first one On Demand. The only thing I took away from it was how awkward the poor 20ish year old virgin guy was. I cringed and cringed at his flirting.

Kyle? He is painfully awkward, but things definitely get better for him.

I don't think Luke, the Liberty student, was in the first episode. The four people change throughout the show.

{feel free to move this - couldn't decide between QFOS and WWOS}

Has anyone seen this MTV show? It follows the stories of virgins. Some of them end up having sex, others don't. Anyways, there's a kid from Liberty University. I think he's a senior and I hope so, because as soon as LU sees the show, he will be immediately kicked out because he admits to receiving multiple blow jobs. I find it really interesting that he's all about saving intercourse for marriage but oral and mutual masturbating are a-okay with Jesus.

Has anyone else seen this show? What are your thoughts?

Never seen the show, but completely understand about the kid thinking it's ok to get blowjobs. I know many people who were technical virgins on their wedding nights, even in the fundie church in which I was raised. In fact, I didn't even know blowjobs were considered sex until the President Clinton debacle. Fundies aren't known for doing a stellar job when it comes to sex ed.

As a 25 year old virgin, I don't feel like my life is anything special.

I'm a 26 year old virgin. Why should what does or doesn't happen to my genitals be interesting to people?

Wow, okay, I wasn't going to watch this show except I that saw this thread and I can't sleep. I've watched the Pilot and I'm on episode 2, so...thoughts.

1) Does this kid Luke have a tattoo of a nail in his side with a bible verse?? What???

2) The girl that gets married in the first episode, she seems really nice but how much she doesn't know about sex is really disturbing to me. She says, "It's the wedding night and it's going to happen whether I like it or not" and "I don't know like...what position is the least work and makes it over the fastest" and this does not seem like a healthy relationship to sex to me.

3) Dominique, I like her.

4) What bugs me the most is that some of these people seem to view the opposite gender as a completely alien species like...god just go eat some cheese fries together and talk (this is my standard dating advice but it has always worked for me.)

I don't think it's really interesting in of itself that these people are virgins but rather how concerned they seem about it. A lot of them are in their 20's and I can certainly think of multiple people I know in real life that are virgins in this 20-26 age group and nobody really bats an eye about it. Nobody really cares.

The only time I ever care is when people, having sex or not, are excessively ignorant about the entire business because that actually scares me. The girl that got married in the first episode even says, "We didn't use the condoms a lot but we have them, like, just in case."

Just in case of what??

It's not retroactive protection???

What does that mean????

2) The girl that gets married in the first episode, she seems really nice but how much she doesn't know about sex is really disturbing to me. She says, "It's the wedding night and it's going to happen whether I like it or not" and "I don't know like...what position is the least work and makes it over the fastest" and this does not seem like a healthy relationship to sex to me.

Im guessing either she has been given the worst possible sex ed that makes her think that women hate sex and just do it for the benefit of the man or to have babies, or she is asexual and has been taught that asexuality doesn't exist and not having sex is not an option at all.

I hope she either tried it and realised it wasn't so bad and now has a healthy sex life, or that her husband realised she just isn't that into sex and doesn't beg her for it every night.

The girl who got married made me incredibly sad. Seemed like she did NOT want to have sex at all.

Yes, luke has multiple tattoos and in a later episode he gets a septum piercing.

Im guessing either she has been given the worst possible sex ed that makes her think that women hate sex and just do it for the benefit of the man or to have babies, or she is asexual and has been taught that asexuality doesn't exist and not having sex is not an option at all.

I hope she either tried it and realised it wasn't so bad and now has a healthy sex life, or that her husband realised she just isn't that into sex and doesn't beg her for it every night.

Sounds like the way I, as an asexual, would feel if I married a sexual.

Archived