IGNORED

Phil Robertson Is A Modern-Day Prophet Akin to John The Bapt

doggie

what a arrogant thing to say. I love how such people use bible quotes but end up breaking them themselves so thats the truth. He was a drunk and he is greedy and swindles people

Robertson said, "Neither the sexually immoral, nor the idolators nor adulterers nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves, nor greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/2 ... 79440.html

According to Alan Robertson, son of 'Duck Dynasty' star Pat Robertson, his father is a "prophet" and a "culture-changer."

Addressing an audience at the Family Research Council's Watchmen on the Wall conference, Robertson spoke about his father's anti-gay remarks in a December GQ interview that landed the family in hot water. Despite the family's show taking a hit following the controversy, Robertson stood by his father -- going so far as to call him a "21st century prophet."

"My dad has the heart and mindset of a prophet and is most compared to John the Baptist … for speaking the truth in a culture that isn't prepared to hear truth. That doesn't change my dad's view at all. Prophets tend not to care about their public image. They tend to talk about their judgment as if it's real and they speak what God gives them to speak ... so he is, in that sense, a 21st century prophet."

Where did John The Baptizer pontificate upon the wisdom of marrying when the bride is young enough to be malleable to her groom's wishes?

Anyone? Bueller?

I might compare Phil to some so-called prophets, but none of them would be people I look up to. Well, surprise, neither is Phil!!!!

:wink-kitty:

The Robertsons have hit my limit on annoyance. I distinctly remember reading that Si and Christine's son had debilitating Asperger's. Now recently the story is that the same son - and his wife and children - hosted a re-wedding ceremony for the couple.

That's nice, but what's the truth about Si's boy? You know how you can tell if somebody connected with Duck Dynasty is lying? .....

.... Sure, we know. We all know.

If you have to have people say you is, you ain't.

:shifty-kitty:

Thank you!

Phil Robertson is not a prophet. He is in it for profit.

These people are some of the biggest poseurs I've ever seen in my life. They were preppy yuppies back in the 80s and 90s, and now they play-act the part of redneck conservative in the interest of the almighty dollar. What a ridiculous bunch of crap. If Phil Robertson is an actual prophet, then I'm the queen of Cashmere. :roll:

ETA for clarity

It seems they are great Christians if they preach the judgement parts of the bible but nothing if they preach the good parts. But in reality they drive people away from Christianity because people don't live in fear and ignorance anymore. So in reality they are doing the devils work and not gods work.

Robertson said, "Neither the sexually immoral, nor the idolators nor adulterers nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves, nor greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

So the female prostitutes are set up for heaven? Good to know...maybe I should reconsider my career? 8-)

Also, I lost all respect for anyone calling themselves a prophet when Ken said that Lori think she's one. If Lori is a prophetess, I'd rather just say 'No thanks, God buddy.'

Really?!?!? He's a serial adulterer who can't even be bothered to be remorseful for beating a man. Doesn't sound very Godly to me.

Hey Phil!

I'm a "homosexual". Once, a speaker came to my school's LGBTQ group and handed out "Get Out of Hell Free" cards. So, guess I dodged a bullet there!

What a debacle.

This whole saga has caused me to lower my opinion of several people I know IRL, people that I would have thought knew better than to be suckered in by this crap.

Ugg I am so tired of these people . They are in my neck of the woods and there seems to always be a "show" going on at a church or a speaking agenda around here. :pull-hair: :wanker:

Archived