IGNORED

Introducing the Fikes

DGayle

Have these people been here before? Blythe is woman who was drawn to Catholicism because she heard that sex is good, while her protestant church before that apparently didn't. Since having lots of babies is good, lots of sex is good.

thefikelife.blogspot.com/2014/05/i-am-catholic-pt-1-sex-and-other-things.html

Ironically, not using contraception solves a hell of a lot of issues that the majority of couples are struggling with today, with the added "complication" of possibly becoming a parent (I highly recommended this complication). When you are open to the possibility of babies happening when you do it, it's easy to only have sex with your spouse, and it's hard to make it cheap, and it's hard to use your partner. Even if you're unable to conceive, the fundamental belief never changes- sex begets life.

So humping like bunnies without contraception will solve your problems, like not having enough money to pay the bills, I guess. Lucy for her she comes from a very rich family, though she likes to say her family is humble. Getting a house for a wedding present in an expensive beach town (they've moved from it) isn't not-rich.

She's like the Duggars in a way, not willing to open her privileged eyes to the struggles most families around her face, and that token line about people who can't conceive is a slap in the face to infertile couples. Have sex, and eventually you'll get pregnant.

You might enjoy her posts explaining how Catholicism is all about freedom and bullshit.

Here's pt 2, where she says Jesus personally established the Catholic church.

thefikelife.blogspot.com/2014/05/i-am-catholic-pt-2-nothing-made-sense.html

And here's pt. 3 where she says

But, do you know what I felt like when I submitted myself to the Church and her teachings? Freedom. Total and absolute freedom. I was tired of being my own authority, I was tired of it being all up to me to discern the truth of Scripture when still so many disagreed. All alone, with my Bible, to sort out what it all meant. That is pressure. That is a suffocating pressure.

thefikelife.blogspot.com/2014/05/i-am-catholic-pt-3-everything-made.html

Basically a boatload of privilege, NPF always works, and a complete misunderstanding of what freedom is (it isn't someone else telling you what to do, say, and think, or else jails would be the freest places on earth). She also talks about what's fundamental. I'd put her as fundie-lite because pants aren't off-limits.

I have not read it yet because I could not get past the picture of her naked son covered in mud. No problem with naked kids playing in mud, and even taking pictures of it but posting it on the internet? Am I being over sensitive about this?

I have not read it yet because I could not get past the picture of her naked son covered in mud. No problem with naked kids playing in mud, and even taking pictures of it but posting it on the internet? Am I being over sensitive about this?

No I don't think that you are. There are a lot sickos out there.

mommylifeafterphd.com/2014/05/the-8-fold-path-to-ensuring-your-kids.html?m=1

I just read this post and found it enjoyable

I hope I posted the link properly

Have these people been here before? Blythe is woman who was drawn to Catholicism because she heard that sex is good, while her protestant church before that apparently didn't. Since having lots of babies is good, lots of sex is good.

So humping like bunnies without contraception will solve your problems, like not having enough money to pay the bills, I guess. Lucy for her she comes from a very rich family, though she likes to say her family is humble. Getting a house for a wedding present in an expensive beach town (they've moved from it) isn't not-rich.

She's like the Duggars in a way, not willing to open her privileged eyes to the struggles most families around her face, and that token line about people who can't conceive is a slap in the face to infertile couples. Have sex, and eventually you'll get pregnant.

You might enjoy her posts explaining how Catholicism is all about freedom and bullshit.

Here's pt 2, where she says Jesus personally established the Catholic church.

thefikelife.blogspot.com/2014/05/i-am-catholic-pt-2-nothing-made-sense.html

And here's pt. 3 where she says

Basically a boatload of privilege, NPF always works, and a complete misunderstanding of what freedom is (it isn't someone else telling you what to do, say, and think, or else jails would be the freest places on earth). She also talks about what's fundamental. I'd put her as fundie-lite because pants aren't off-limits.

war is peace

freedom is slavery

ignorance is strength

Exactly, Salex. What's kind of scary is that she says almost exactly that, like how being told what to believe is freedom. She admits what's wrong with all of this, but thinks it's all good!

I've heard other fundiefied Catholics use this same type of argument against contraception (that it's ruining society by enabling evils like fornication, adultery, etc. etc.) I just don't get it. If you would go out and commit adultery just because you "can" (contraception removing the problems of getting pregnant or getting a disease), or even if you are tempted to use your partner sexually in an objectifying/exploitative way, than there are bigger issues going on. Contraception is NOT the problem there, and it seems to me these Catholics are giving a lot of power to a THING (pill, condom, etc).

I've also heard this argument among Catholic convert bloggers. Basically describing "freedom from" rather than "freedom to," but I notice that these types, who are often more hardcore than cradle Catholics, are really drawn to the structure and rules of the Catholic Church, that it gives them some sort of "peace" knowing they no longer have to grapple with things themselves and there is an easy answer to every question and an easy rule for every grey/confusing issue in life.

Exactly, Salex. What's kind of scary is that she says almost exactly that, like how being told what to believe is freedom. She admits what's wrong with all of this, but thinks it's all good!

I agree and think it's extra sad becuase I like her writing and sense of humor. She seems like someone who really has a choice. It starts here and little by little all the spark and joy gets choked out.

I agree and think it's extra sad becuase I like her writing and sense of humor. She seems like someone who really has a choice. It starts here and little by little all the spark and joy gets choked out.

She was raised by a pastor, so being hard into Christianity of any variety is something drilled into her from the cradle. Somehow she entirely misunderstands the meaning of things like peace and freedom. What's dangerous is that she knows how to write to make all of this sound so wonderful. How freeing to not have to think and to just blindly follow what she's told. How freeing and healing for marriages to have sex and making more babies, that more babies will fix what's wrong. She's disconnected from reality, and just doesn't get it. If she was one of the rank-and-file fundies struggling to make ends meet, I wonder if she'd still think having more babies will fix all your problems. Our rank-and-files say children are a blessing, but have any of them ever said that more babies is a cure?

Archived