IGNORED

Mother's Day at the Maxwell's

terranova

That sounds delightful! For the Maxwells, I would settle for Teri having a can of pepsi, then allowed to retreat to her room for a nap and to rest her back. Maybe Steve could even rub her back for her with no expectation of sex in return. Maybe tell her how much he loves and appreciates her. Then the menfolk can make dinner and give the women the night off.

But he doesn't love and appreciate her, that would be deception. That would be lying and make jesus sad.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Six of the 7 responses wish happy M's Day to the other Maxmoms --- even the one responder who apparently is a true Terifying Fangirl does so!

Could it be that 5 of the 7 responders are FJ'ers? Oh my goodness, would that be a good sign -- that the vast majority of their readers are now us?????!!!!

:nenner: to your cockamamie ideas, S&T!!!!

At the time I was obviously devastated, but at least thought "Well telling his sister's HAS to be better than this bullshit". When we told them and my "pastor" brother in law, we were lectured about how we weren't saved and Pastor BIL would not marry us...although at no point did we ask him either...lol

Oh my!! Sounds like u married into an interesting family.

Bland, beige, boring as always. It is beyond sad that they can't come up with one identifying personality trait of hers that they admire beyond Jesus and martyrdom. I hope she snuck away and chugged a Pepsi in there somewhere.

My oldest gave me the James Lileks funny food books (Gallery of Regrettable Food and Gastroanamolies), my favorite Alexandra Stoddard book, and Anne of the Thousand Days/Mary Queen of Scots on DVD. Such a good boy, he knows me well.

I call my MIL the same thing my kids call her, Noni. It suits her and it doesn't feel right to me to call her mom.

A new post up with a "fun twist" (aka: what they do for every birthday and celebration). Sarah asked each family member to write what they liked about Teri.

Does anyone else find it a bit weird that Melanie and Anna-Marie call Teri Mom? I certainly would never call my Mother-in-law anything other than her given name. My Mother is the only one I call Mum.

Actually, I do not find it weird. I call my MIL 'mum'; MIL's other DIL also calls her 'mum'. I think MIL would be fine with us calling her by her first name, though.

My husband calls my parents 'Mum' and 'Dad'.

I think it's a cultural thing. :)

Bland, beige, boring as always. It is beyond sad that they can't come up with one identifying personality trait of hers that they admire beyond Jesus and martyrdom. I hope she...

That's what I thought too. That; to quote danvillebelle, bland, beige boring list could be anyone and meant nothing. Not only can no-one think of a single personal trait but no-one has a single personal experience with her. No I love our Tuesday morning teas together or I enjoy our special time watching the sun come up or anything. Ugh. What a non-life.

I know, I was embarrassed for him when he said that about his "career". Ugh.

At least it wasn't Jesse.

Eater-of-the-left-overs-no-one-else-likes looks even worse on a resume ;)

And I'm still laughing over the Mexican, food, drinks, and sombreros - though mostly because I SO did not see the "Ole!" coming at the end.

I sat here imagining the Maxwells with their like twice weekly burritos that seem to only be mushy beans and tortillas sitting there somberly looking over at a group of people who actually talk and laugh eating real Mexican food, and puzzling over people having FUN! :lol:

What is their obession over Mexican food anyway? When they eat out it's often at a Mexican restaurant. For one of the graduation dinners it was enchiladas. For Steve's birthday it was Mexican. Is it because Mexican is Steve's favorite or something?

What is their obession over Mexican food anyway? When they eat out it's often at a Mexican restaurant. For one of the graduation dinners it was enchiladas. For Steve's birthday it was Mexican. Is it because Mexican is Steve's favorite or something?

Ding ding ding ding--we've got a winner!

Archived