IGNORED

Mother's Day at the Maxwell's

terranova

I am assuming there were celebrations of Melanie and NR-Anna, but since they aren't the matriarch Teri is (and don't seem to have any martyristic back problems), they weren't worth mention.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a mother, but I call my MIl and FIL Mr (His first name) and Ms (Her first name) , because that is what feels comfortable to me. My father in law constantly makes overt comments trying to get me to call them mom and dad, but quite honestly my relationship with them has not always been very smooth ( they are fundie light and their heads about exploded when their son decided to marry an unbelieving, heathen Catholic such as myself. My MIL actually stormed out of the restaurant.) Just their first names didn't sound respectful enough to my southern ears.

Oh my that's insane. That's horrible that she stormed out.

No, Stevehovah would never allow that. :naughty:

Not only that, but you know they were briefed on what to say. At the very least, I imagine them having a brainstorming session. I see something similar happening in the news business, sorry to say it but it's my HO and observation: commentator after on-air reporter after print/e-media reports will use the same words to describe a certain situation.

It's pretty evident that some PR types chatted up leading journos and gave them talking-points. The one I can remember is from several elections back, when all of a sudden commentators were worrying about one candidate's "lack of gravitas."

Also, the word "invest" recalls JoshUA Duggar's repetitious recognition of his grandfather for "being an investment." Is there new acknowledgment of the ties to Duggar/Gothard in Maxhell????

John is grateful that Teri has enabled his career. What career, exactly?

OMG that was NOT a "fun twist" An actual fun twist would have been to go out to a real Mexican restaurant, have some daiquiris and margaritas, and everyone wears sombreros. Ole! :lol:

In the comments just about everyone mentioned Melanie and NR Anna. Even Gigi and Steve's mother got a mention.

I keep wondering why, if motherhood is such a noble calling and something all fundie women should aspire to, the Maxwells seem to be denying their daughters the opportunity to experience it. At least it seems that way for Sarah. Their hypocrisy just gets more and more blatant.

In the comments just about everyone mentioned Melanie and NR Anna. Even Gigi and Steve's mother got a mention.

I saw that also!

It's sad also that they love Teri based on the things she does for Jesus and other people. Nothing about her personality traits that they like. Oh yeah, she doesn't have a personality.

Also, a few of them love her because she loves Steve. ALWAYS have to link it back to that bastard somehow, don't they?

OMG that was NOT a "fun twist" An actual fun twist would have been to go out to a real Mexican restaurant, have some daiquiris and margaritas, and everyone wears sombreros. Ole! :lol:

That's what we did! Frozen mango margaritas FTW! Then all of us moms went home and took naps.

Mary was the only one that didn't mention Jesus.

For that, Steve will have to beat her with a Bible and pile on the emotional abuse until she is pressured into changing it to add Jesus.

Do they not have sex during pregnancy? I would think they'd be okay with that.

We certainly know Boob and J'chelle are....

But if it's not for procreation it might be...FUN :shifty:

Seriously, of all the things I appreciate about my mother, her "love of Jesus" would probably be last on the list. And she's a christian and everything!

That's what we did! Frozen mango margaritas FTW! Then all of us moms went home and took naps.

That sounds delightful! For the Maxwells, I would settle for Teri having a can of pepsi, then allowed to retreat to her room for a nap and to rest her back. Maybe Steve could even rub her back for her with no expectation of sex in return. Maybe tell her how much he loves and appreciates her. Then the menfolk can make dinner and give the women the night off.

The least they could do is have the males make dinner, clean up, and let Teri have a couple cans of Pepsi.

I wonder if Steve ever thinks of doing something like that.

In the family comments about Teri there were a couple of references about her continuing back pain. I'll bet this really irks Steve who wants every family member to be perfect. I wonder if he lectures Teri it's her fault -that if she were only praying and exercising correctly she would have no pain.

And Jesse is grateful for all the years she put into homeschooling him. Jesse based upon that journalistic masterpiece you wrote regarding homeschooling, Teri's ability to teach isn't something to brag about.

A question for the ages, grasshopper.

"Career" as a mechanic-on-call?

Gospel music [sic] performer?

Photogenic uncle?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

A question for the ages, grasshopper.

"Career" as a mechanic-on-call?

Gospel music [sic] performer?

Photogenic uncle?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

I know, I was embarrassed for him when he said that about his "career". Ugh.

I thought men weren't supposed to have careers. They're just supposed to bring in income.

In the family comments about Teri there were a couple of references about her continuing back pain. I'll bet this really irks Steve who wants every family member to be perfect. I wonder if he lectures Teri it's her fault -that if she were only praying and exercising correctly she would have no pain.

Even if he is sympathetic, it probably takes the form of reminding her that she will be pain-free in the afterlife. :(

I know, I was embarrassed for him when he said that about his "career". Ugh.

Maybe Stevehovah has had to change course, since the seminars and all aren't what they used to be. John is a stripper for the Lord, but he only shows his elbows, ankles, and a hint of collarbone. ;) :wink-penguin:

Given Steve's penchant for editing comments, I assumed that he made sure Teri was appropriately addressed in the "fun twist." Or that he has made it well known what he expects her to be called by the daughters-in-law.

I do remember in the write-up wayyyyy back of Melanie and Nathan's wedding that Melanie reportedly said "Can I call you Mom now?". So I think Melanie was just always eager to call Teri Mom.

I for one never called my MIL mom. Too weird for me. I only have one mom.

Oh my that's insane. That's horrible that she stormed out.

At the time I was obviously devastated, but at least thought "Well telling his sister's HAS to be better than this bullshit". When we told them and my "pastor" brother in law, we were lectured about how we weren't saved and Pastor BIL would not marry us...although at no point did we ask him either...lol

Archived