IGNORED

Steve Maxwell thinks your family should be your hobby

SPHASH

Anyone else seen the errors in the 'about' section of the website?

Steve

Steve Maxwell, father of eight and grandpa to four, has been a homeschooling dad since 1985. His five home-school graduate sons are now wage-earning adults. He has been writing monthly articles for homeschooling dads since 1990. Steve, who has a degree in electrical engineering, spent twenty years working for “corporate America.†He then started a family business, Communication Concepts, Inc. (CCI), with his adult sons. Currently he is full time with the Titus2.com ministry. Steve’s heart’s desire is to encourage fathers to spend time in the Word, love their wives, disciple their children in the ways of the Lord, use their time wisely, and be men of God. His newest release, Buying a House Debt-Free: Equipping Your Son, has been an exciting project! To view the books which Steve has written click here.

Teri

Homeschooling since 1985, Teri Maxwell is the mother of eight children (two married) and grandma to five. She loves keeping her home running smoothly, homeschooling her youngest child, and sharing with women in the vein of Titus 2:4-5. She also helps care for her elderly parents who live nearby. In between her other responsibilities, she manages to squeeze in writing time. To view the books that Teri has written click here.

Seems like Teri has a secret and Steve doesn't approve. :lol:

That or Steve is just really irritated at having another granddaughter.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are eight Maxwell kids? I thought there were seven. I thought there were four boys and three girls. I guess they all blend together.

Disciple their children or discipline their children? I don't speak maxwell.

Why does it say that Steve was a homeschooling dad. I thought Teri homeschooled the kids. I was under the assumption that was woman's work. I have never seen a fundy talk about Dad homeschooling the kids.

There are eight Maxwell kids? I thought there were seven. I thought there were four boys and three girls. I guess they all blend together.

Disciple their children or discipline their children? I don't speak maxwell.

Why does it say that Steve was a homeschooling dad. I thought Teri homeschooled the kids. I was under the assumption that was woman's work. I have never seen a fundy talk about Dad homeschooling the kids.

I still confuse Jesse and Joseph (but not John :wink-kitty: ).

Actually, come to think of it, the Maxwell children being interchangeable is the realization of Steve's ultimate goal in raising them. Isn't it?

I still confuse Jesse and Joseph (but not John :wink-kitty: ).

Actually, come to think of it, the Maxwell children being interchangeable is the realization of Steve's ultimate goal in raising them. Isn't it?

Maybe I'm the only one, but sometimes I mix up Sarah and Anna. I think they look a lot alike.

They've been using the phrase "grandpa/ma to a growing number" a lot lately. It's an odd way to put it, but I suppose it just means they don't have to update as often.

Lord knows that sons need to be "equipped".

They used to be very slow about updating Sarah's age on the bio page. Sometimes they'd go months after her birthday before changing her age.

I checked just now, and those clever Maxwells have gotten around that by putting only Mary's age on the bio page, none of the others.

Have they figured out how weird it looks to have 5 grown ass unmarried adults living at home, working for Daddy?

Most of them look younger than they are, imo.

Lord knows that sons need to be "equipped".

Maybe Steve was unable to 'equip' them naturally. Had to find a way after the fact. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, do the Maxwells believe in using male enhancement drugs?

Hi Steve! :penguin-no:

The banner ads at FJ are full of suggestions for you and your family! Not only would they like to offer you soccer tickets, but they want your kids to attend Marlboro College, recommend that you buy board shorts* for your body-surfing vacation, and they want you to become a Mormon. So many opportunities!

*Steve Maxwell in board shorts. Ewwww, no.

Me too! Real estate aficionados, unite! :cracking-up:

We gave up our cable tv some time ago and most of the time I don't miss it, but I'd kill to watch some House Hunters International on HGTV right now (I know it's kinda fake and staged, but I don't care!)! It was nice to get the full on tour of homes in random little cities/countries I'd never even thought to look at before watching!

I'm also that nerd who perks up when anyone semi-close to me is house hunting. I love tagging along to look at places!

We gave up our cable tv some time ago and most of the time I don't miss it, but I'd kill to watch some House Hunters International on HGTV right now (I know it's kinda fake and staged, but I don't care!)! It was nice to get the full on tour of homes in random little cities/countries I'd never even thought to look at before watching!

I'm also that nerd who perks up when anyone semi-close to me is house hunting. I love tagging along to look at places!

I'm not really into real estate very much, but I admit I do enjoy watching Buying Hawaii, Buying Alaska and Buying the Bayou. I think they are on the travel channel, maybe. I'm not sure they have done much for the states of Hawaii, Alaska or LA though because all the shows have done is strengthen my resolve never to move to any of those states. Volcanos? Outhouses? Bugs the size of your head? No thanks ;)

They used to be very slow about updating Sarah's age on the bio page. Sometimes they'd go months after her birthday before changing her age.

Given that they teach courses in web design, you'd think they would at least have thrown up some Javascript that calculates and displays the ages so they're always up to date.

Archived