IGNORED

If Kirk backpedals a little harder, the world might stop

DGayle

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/0 ... 67934.html

Apparently adulterers and fornicators are really the biggest threat, not people infected with teh gaybeez. Hm. Interesting that my strong, years-long marriage is doomed or something because my premarital partners number in the double digits, definitely making me a fornicator.

He needs to just plain stay out of other people's bedrooms.

Ah, Kirk -- it took a few heterosexual clergy scandals to wring this out of you, eh? So now you're just finger-wagging at a larger group of people whose lives are none of your business than you were before. Grand.

Of course, if you really think people in churches should not be hypocrites, maybe you should come join us here at FJ! :twisted:

Some of the comments are great:

When I read the teaser "Kirk Cameron Worries More About This Than Gay Marriage," I thought the answer would be "relevance."

"Beloved '80s sitcom star Kirk Cameron..." I'm going to need to see your cite for that, Huffpo. ;)

..Does this mean he won't be on Dancing with the Stars anytime soon?

:lol:

RC Jr.'s right on it: “I don't respect those who, ever vying for the ‘Strange New Respect’ award, like Goldwater embracing abortion, avoid flak by moving left.â€

facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=626473627434169&id=111950572219813&stream_ref=10

What are the chances that he is talking about someone other than Kirk? I’d say ZERO.

Has Spanky always been this vocal about...well, everything, or is he trying to take what he sees as his rightful place as mouthpiece for the Dominionist set now that Dougie is in exile? Or are we just talking about him more?

Has Spanky always been this vocal about...well, everything, or is he trying to take what he sees as his rightful place as mouthpiece for the Dominionist set now that Dougie is in exile? Or are we just talking about him more?

It's sort of odd because he was always a rather lazy blogger, but he seems to have taken to Facebook and Twitter like a duck to water.

I think he's trying to fill the void. His father is a very highly regarded theologian in both mainstream and more conservative/Dominionist circles, so JR stands in a very long shadow. Back when I was in VF/Reformed circles, I always got the sense that he felt like he had something to prove. Whenever I've heard him speak, he seems to have an edge to him that can be hard to explain. It's like he's trying to be more conservative, more "visionary", more....something - I'm not entirely sure what. I do suspect that he'd like to get into the limelight a bit more and not just let Scott Brown pick up where DPIAT has left off.

I hate to say this, but Kirk does have a point. Adultery is the biggest threat to marriage. But so are other things like dishonesty, mental, physical and sexual abuse, financial problems, and addictions to alcohol and drugs. I bet Kirk isn't so faithful to his wife.

I think he's trying to fill the void. His father is a very highly regarded theologian in both mainstream and more conservative/Dominionist circles, so JR stands in a very long shadow. Back when I was in VF/Reformed circles, I always got the sense that he felt like he had something to prove. Whenever I've heard him speak, he seems to have an edge to him that can be hard to explain. It's like he's trying to be more conservative, more "visionary", more....something - I'm not entirely sure what. I do suspect that he'd like to get into the limelight a bit more and not just let Scott Brown pick up where DPIAT has left off.

Yes. In Spanky's (who has a scandal in his past when he was defrocked) world view Scott Brown (who also has a scandal in his past when he was disciplined and booted from a church) shouldn't be allowed first pick at the spoils.

I think we are looking at (will be looking at) a whole lot of maneuvering around by many of these players in the wake of the Fall of the Tool.

Ah, Kirk -- it took a few heterosexual clergy scandals to wring this out of you, eh? So now you're just finger-wagging at a larger group of people whose lives are none of your business than you were before. Grand.

:lol:

It's a great strategy - pit yourself against 95% of the American population who are adulterers instead of just the 70% who are gay friendly.

Someone's recognized that the battle against marriage equality has been lost, especially among younger people. He can't risk alienating large parts of his potential audience, so it's time to downplay the gay thing while appearing to be caring deeply about marriage.

It's sort of odd because he was always a rather lazy blogger, but he seems to have taken to Facebook and Twitter like a duck to water.

Easier to post to Facebook and Twitter from a phone. I'm a lazy blogger only because I don't always care to sit down and type out a whole post. Easy to tap out a post to Facebook while I'm in the kitchen or something.

I hate to say this, but Kirk does have a point. Adultery is the biggest threat to marriage. But so are other things like dishonesty, mental, physical and sexual abuse, financial problems, and addictions to alcohol and drugs. I bet Kirk isn't so faithful to his wife.

Yeah, he's right this time, but ONLY because he realized rallying against gay people is a losing battle.

Kirk is just trying to get people to forget all those pictures of him on up a stage with Douglas Winston Phillips (is a tool)

He's full of crapola.

He'll say whatever it takes to get people to stop "harassing" him.

Kirk is just trying to get people to forget all those pictures of him on up a stage with Douglas Winston Phillips (is a tool)

What's worse than a fornicator? A sexual predator, especially one that hides behind their religion to prey upon victims.

Kirk Cameron must have lost his virginity before he found Jesus. So he is probably a fornicator. :)

And maybe he's finally realized how extremely awful that banana video with Ray Comfort comes across, and that it makes people speculate...

Kirk Cameron must have lost his virginity before he found Jesus. So he is probably a fornicator. :)

He was an atheist, teenaged heart-throb on one of the biggest shows on TV, with Tiger Beat magazines dedicated entirely to him, and girls begging to be with him. I'd say his chance of being a virgin before he married one of his co-stars is nil.

He was an atheist, teenaged heart-throb on one of the biggest shows on TV, with Tiger Beat magazines dedicated entirely to him, and girls begging to be with him. I'd say his chance of being a virgin before he married one of his co-stars is nil.

shame he didn't judge himself as harshly as he did his coworker who was in playboy.he was doing the same thing,just with clothes on.

And as I understand it, it was only RUMORED that she was in playboy. I don't know if it was confirmed or not before she lost her job.

And as I understand it, it was only RUMORED that she was in playboy. I don't know if it was confirmed or not before she lost her job.

According to her wikipedia she's appeared in 4 issues and I've seen her wearing a playboy bunny costume. She appeared in three of those issues before her show appearances. I don't believe the producers had an issue with it, until Kirk made it a problem.

Urgh, Kirk is such an arse. Is it bad that I really want him to find himself having a Ted Haggard moment one day soon?

According to her wikipedia she's appeared in 4 issues and I've seen her wearing a playboy bunny costume. She appeared in three of those issues before her show appearances. I don't believe the producers had an issue with it, until Kirk made it a problem.

Thanks for clarifying. It wasn't clear in the article in which I fire read about it.

There's a reason I call him "Jirk Cameron."

Urgh, Kirk is such an arse. Is it bad that I really want him to find himself having a Ted Haggard moment one day soon?

That day will come. :)

That day will come. :)

Now I'm hearing Roy Zimmerman singing "Kirk Cameron Is Completely Heterosexual" in my mind... :lol:

Archived