IGNORED

LOLmodesty disagreement

thoughtful

Wow, this thread sure took an odd (and hand-slappy) turn. Seems to be the trend lately. Sigh.

I know! We need a lolcat or something in here!

The Pearls are prison worthy but I would settle for beating them into submission. They are more on the stupid fuck evil spectrum than the scary evil spectrum.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
Again. I'm pro snark. I like Free Jinger. (not sure why now, honestly! ;) ) I like fundy watching and blog stalking as much as the next woman here.

I'm sorry if I came across as self righteous. I probably am self righteous and proud and all kinds of other faults. (But am I basically good at heart? I think so, like all of you.)

I have no idea why you like Free Jinger either. You seem to be a very confused person and you're certainly confusing me. First you said that we were sick child abusers and you refused to apologize, now you say we're basically good at heart? Which is it?

Yeah, you came across as self righteous. A real apology would go a long way, but you have vehemently said that isn't going to happen. You won't even admit that damn near, if not everyone agreed with you and you freaked out for no reason, since your concerns were addressed as soon as the person who posted the pics saw them.

What the fuck ever.

Everyone else, have a LOLcat!

ran9sl.jpg

In all fairness, that is a nice lolcat. My studly, handsome, wonderful, gifted, sexy, hot, amazing, brilliant, profound husband is very proud that he made it into the FJ snark world.

Cheers!

In all fairness, that is a nice lolcat. My studly, handsome, wonderful, gifted, sexy, hot, amazing, brilliant, profound husband is very proud that he made it into the FJ snark world.

Cheers!

Hey wait, I think you forgot to mention if he was attractive or smart.

Guest Anonymous

Cheers!

Oh my God. I'm starting to think that Mompom might be Mckmama. The similarity is startling.

1.) Dodging questions - check.

2.) Refusing to apologize for shit she said that was obviously wrong - check.

3.) Quoting/running to hide behind her husband when she's offended - check.

4.) Meandering statements about how awesome/empathetic she is - check.

5.) Typographically fellating her oh so sexay husband - check.

6.) Shitty writing - check.

7.) Pearl clutching - check x 100.

Or she's just another fundie-lite that likes to hang out here until we do something that wads *her* panties, at which point she shits the rug. Far more likely, but way less funny.

Lissar:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love the Lolcat!

Here's my contribution to this thread:

fva4og.jpg

ETA: This would be my studly, handsome, wonderful, gifted, sexy, hot, amazing, brilliant, profound puffin. ;) Or something.

*makes some "special" brownies and quietly places them on the table* :obscene-smokingweed: :angry-chillpill:

I find that googling Vision Forum Interns on google image search is my version of a chill pill. Then again, I'm easily amused. Somehow, however, I think this will make Buzzard happy too -- she's still on page two!

2motppx.png

Oh my God. I'm starting to think that Mompom might be Mckmama. The similarity is startling.

1.) Dodging questions - check.

2.) Refusing to apologize for shit she said that was obviously wrong - check.

3.) Quoting/running to hide behind her husband when she's offended - check.

4.) Meandering statements about how awesome/empathetic she is - check.

5.) Typographically fellating her oh so sexay husband - check.

6.) Shitty writing - check.

7.) Pearl clutching - check x 100.

Or she's just another fundie-lite that likes to hang out here until we do something that wads *her* panties, at which point she shits the rug. Far more likely, but way less funny.

Yeah, if she is such a "good" person at heart, why can't she own up to her mistakes and say I'm sorry.

So now I'm wondering if I'm reading this thread a lot differently than everyone else...

Maybe some posts by Mompom were not worded/explained in the best way at first, but what I'm getting from what she's saying is the following:

1) She happens to know some of the people in one of the photos. She knows they are underage and are probably unaware their picture is on the internet. These people also have a belief system that (while not right) makes their young ones (especially teens) very insecure about themselves and their sexuality. Therefore, she'd like the picture removed in case they accidentally stumble across it. Also there's the "how would you feel if it was your child" element. The person who posted the pictures didn't make a huge fuss and the whole thing was solved pretty easily. Would PM avoided the whole mess to follow? Yes.

2) These people are considered "snark-worthy" on FJ for a variety of reasons, although they are not the people who are the focus of the crazy blog. This means some people on the board are really upset at Mompom for suggesting that the family should not necessarily be snarked on and/or are "pet fundies".

3) Mompom is less upset about the snark in general and more upset that these people are brought into it since they are a) underage and b) not posting these images to their family blog. If they were blogging and putting these photos up it would be different.

4) Finally, and what seems to be causing the most uproar, is that Mompom is friends with this family IRL. She sympathizes with them because she understands the kind of life they come from. She was in a similar situation and hopes that by being friends with them she can someday help them out of where they if/when they need it. If the mom or kids become overwhelmed or feel abused or whatever it happens to be, she can help get them out of the place they are and maybe move them out of "fundieland". Mompom knows they hold many questionable beliefs but wants to show them that not everyone outside their belief system is evil and untrustworthy.

I can totally understand #4 and probably wouldn't get on someone's case for it. Mompom has grown up in a fundie home where the Pearls were seen are reasonable. She no longer believes this to be true but won't turn her back on someone who still thinks that way in the hopes of changing their minds or helping them find alternatives when what they believe backfires.

Some people seem to get mighty defensive around here whenever someone posts a view that might not line up exactly with some much louder people's idea of "good fun". Lately there's been a lot of "Oh those pearl clutchers!" and yeah, maybe some people haven't expressed their differing opinions in the best of ways or even expressed opinions that one should voice on a snark board. But holy shit, I think everyone needs to take a break to restring their necklaces 'cause the clutching is starting to come from both sides.

No, this is not to change anyone's mind. I just kind of wanted to vocalize (write? see?) How I was viewing this whole thing and see if I'm missing something or am just special in my own little way over here in how I interpret things.

Annnnnnd back to lurking.... :shhh: :shifty:

So now I'm wondering if I'm reading this thread a lot differently than everyone else...

It's the holier-than-thou hand slapping and I'm-so-sensitive defensiveness. That kind of negates the actual words that are said.

It's the holier-than-thou hand slapping and I'm-so-sensitive defensiveness. That kind of negates the actual words that are said.

See.... I think I just missed that part entirely. But that sort of attitude hardly registers on my radar. Unless some one outright says, "Shut the fuck up, bitch!" I'm all, "wait... that was supposed to be mean/condescending?"

Anyway, I now note (read the *whole thread*!) that things were starting to diffuse a bit.

Don't mind me. Carry on.

Someone said something about puffins? How about ferrets? I think they're kind of cute too...

Just a side-note: I suspect there are pedophiles who never act on their urges, but who refuse to seek professional treatment because the stigma against pedophilia is so strong. In one way, the stigma is a good thing because it causes more people to be properly angered at crimes against children.

In another way, however, the stigma is a bad thing because it practically forces non-practicing pedophiles, some of whom genuinely have some wires crossed, to try dealing with the situation alone. It would be much easier if pedophiles could simply ask for therapy or even chemical castration without fear of being targeted for harassment or beat-downs or worse.

Pedophiles are still entirely responsible for their actions, but prevention of a crime - especially when the person prone to it wants help - is better than prosecution after the fact.

Strongly agree with this. In fact I've thought there should be an organisation set up with a helpline and a buddy system for such so those who realise they are in a wrong place and may commit a crime can be helped and prevented from doing so. Agreed many do not realise, but I also suspect many do and end up justifying themselves to themselves cause they couldn't get help at an early stage. However, as we all know, an org like that would last about 2 seconds before mass outrage kicked in.

Mompom said:

I'm not sure why she asked me that, but I was trying to answer it sincerely.

I asked you that because you said you believe that deep down all people are good. After that statement the question presents itself.

Ha ha thoughtful, all is explained. :oops: Now I feel like the one with a dirty mind!

By the way the wissmans have been snarked on here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=547&start=0

They're the ones who dressed up in blackface and jabbered in "native" Because Africa is a country and their jabber is not a real language.

Oh god, I remember them now. And their defrauding, defrauding son....

I find that googling Vision Forum Interns on google image search is my version of a chill pill. Then again, I'm easily amused. Somehow, however, I think this will make Buzzard happy too -- she's still on page two!

2motppx.png

Hmmm... I'm slipping! I WANT TO BE ON PAGE ONE!!!

Never fear Buzzard, your still on the first page on my google search (and a few other fj'ers)

2mmbig0.jpg

When I was in line yesterday at the bookstore, this new Johanna Lindsey book was behind the counter, the first thing I thought of is Dougie:

2zrf38z.jpg

I have no idea why you like Free Jinger either. You seem to be a very confused person and you're certainly confusing me. First you said that we were sick child abusers and you refused to apologize, now you say we're basically good at heart? Which is it?

Yeah, you came across as self righteous. A real apology would go a long way, but you have vehemently said that isn't going to happen. You won't even admit that damn near, if not everyone agreed with you and you freaked out for no reason, since your concerns were addressed as soon as the person who posted the pics saw them.

What the fuck ever.

Everyone else, have a LOLcat!

ran9sl.jpg

Most seriously, mine loves it.

Never fear Buzzard, your still on the first page on my google search (and a few other fj'ers)

2mmbig0.jpg

Oh sweet, there I am! Go kitty-namesake, go!

Archived