IGNORED

J'Slaves on CBN.com

actuallyjessica

Jinger is using the whisper voice. So out of character.

So, that was from mid-April? Jill was talking about Jessa's courtship with BenBob, but she was already engaged by then and the cat was out of the bag. Way to be open and honest, Duggars!

It IS all about the benjamins with these people.

#jillpregnancywatch2014

The other thing that is bothering me is how Jessa keeps calling the opposite sex "Guys". You are an adult. They are men. When you call them guys it sounds completely immature.

And we aren't fundie in the least and despite us being exposed to the heathens in Hollywood, my kids still know how to be respectful to their elders and use appropriate language toward them.

UGH.

Depends on how old the men in question are. I'm about the Duggar girls' age -- a little younger, but yeah. I don't call the guys I go to school with men because at this point, most of them are just kids with drinking permits. I don't even feel like an adult at my age.

Be nice, people. These girls were educated at the kitchen table. By Michelle. While deliriously tired from being up with a baby and teething toddler or two all night. So...yeah.

Depends on how old the men in question are. I'm about the Duggar girls' age -- a little younger, but yeah. I don't call the guys I go to school with men because at this point, most of them are just kids with drinking permits. I don't even feel like an adult at my age.

But theoretically they aren't talking about college-age males. They are talking about the men they will be subservient to, the men they will be dependent upon, and the men who will father their full quiver of children. I get "guys" in the secular world, but if you are dating to marry and be supported and be a family, you should be talking about MEN.

The other thing that is bothering me is how Jessa keeps calling the opposite sex "Guys". You are an adult. They are men. When you call them guys it sounds completely immature.

I don't understand this at all. I mean, 'guy' is a perfectly valid noun to use instead of 'man'? He's a man, he's a guy. Same thing, though one sounds slightly less formal. I'm even slightly older than them, but would still find it much more natural to refer to the guys at work as guys, not men. It feels more natural, and like I said, less formal.

Then again, it bugs me that Jill keeps calling Derick her 'fella', but that's just because I think that word is silly/doesn't feel natural.

I don't understand this at all. I mean, 'guy' is a perfectly valid noun to use instead of 'man'? He's a man, he's a guy. Same thing, though one sounds slightly less formal. I'm even slightly older than them, but would still find it much more natural to refer to the guys at work as guys, not men. It feels more natural, and like I said, less formal.

Then again, it bugs me that Jill keeps calling Derick her 'fella', but that's just because I think that word is silly/doesn't feel natural.

I know that it is, and it's one I use with my own kids - I think it's probably #1, the way she says it ("guyyyyys") and #2, the fact that the impress upon the world how they are "dating with a purpose" and "courting" for the purpose of finding a life-long partner and provider. The closest female word I can find that it reminds me of is "chicks" (since "gals" isn't used anymore). It's probably more a personal issue - I am in some ways having a hard time articulating why things bother me. It is really the same old theme: That it is bothersome to me that they use "worldly" words and conveniences and then cherry-pick what THEY consider to be valuable and precious. And of course they have the right to do that, but when you are holding yourself up as this high, hard-to-achieve standard (in their view) it becomes easy to try to pick it apart.

not sure if posted:

http://youtu.be/vr0dXfQQfNU

http://youtu.be/kvgLaujchzk

contains your usual parroted answers, while j'chelle looks on nervously thinking "stay on script, jinger"

bonus j'chelle house tour from 2011:

So, while I was over their laughing at these videos, I found one where Jess and Jinger do a "hair tutorial" including listing the name of the product, and how much it costs at Walmart.

youtube.com/ watch?v=hDI4ddwz9mc

WHO IN THE HECK NEEDS A HAIR TUTORIAL BY THE DUGGARS????

Also, what drives me nuts it the use of "and, sooooooo, you know" when they are doing the talking heads.

Ewwww, I know. They actually say (especially Jill) the long /A/ sound, immediately preceding "and".

"ã-annnnd..."

The girls look really pretty in these videos but Michelle's nodding and fake smiling scare the crap out of me. Why did she have to latch on to them so much for the stupid book tour? Just have self righteous Jill babysit her sisters and raise your other children please!

And you could see M standing there going over what to say in her head.

''What were the lines my husband told me to say to the press?''

''Must include the words blessing and precious.''

And you could see M standing there going over what to say in her head.

''What were the lines my husband told me to say to the press?''

''Must include the words blessing and precious.''

:mrgreen: IKR? Every other sentence out of Priscilla Waller's mouth is, "That was such a blessing." She also tosses "precious" around like all get out. And don't forget fundie use of the word, "Spay-shall," as in, "Ben Seewald is a spay-shall friend."

Archived