IGNORED

Need a frumper picture please!

daniee

I'm looking all over the place and can't find one (go figure). I family in frumpers would be best, even if old picture. This is for a joke for a friend, her husband is suggesting "less sexy" clothes for her to wear to work. She is LMAO at him. lol

Google "Maxwell Family," then go to Images. You'll find fields o' frumpers!!

Wedding frumpers seem more festive than everyday frumpers. bcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1094819_10201700793628088_482191909_n.jpg

The seven sisters blog would be my first go to for frumper pictures. They wear them every day.

The seven sisters blog is ridiculous. Their little brothers look like any other boy in America, but they have to look like they were time warped here from the 1800s.

I'm looking all over the place and can't find one (go figure). I family in frumpers would be best, even if old picture. This is for a joke for a friend, her husband is suggesting "less sexy" clothes for her to wear to work. She is LMAO at him. lol

Knock yourself out

/ModestFeminine/A_Christian_Home_Modest_Clothing.htm

The most awesomely frumptastic one I've seen is on Tris in the movie Divergent. She wears the dress until she jumps ship to the Dauntless faction. It's homespun, made from scraps, and has an awful skirtline - which of course, is why it's the single best frumper ever. :D

post-7337-14451998799042_thumb.jpg

Yeah, but Tris's frumper has a fairly low neckline, as well as a cut that indicates the existence of her breasts. Stevehovah wouldn't approve.

Wedding frumpers seem more festive than everyday frumpers. bcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1094819_10201700793628088_482191909_n.jpg

That link doesn't work for me, could you post it another way please.

The seven sisters blog is ridiculous. Their little brothers look like any other boy in America, but they have to look like they were time warped here from the 1800s.

But that's SO much a part of it. The whole fundie frumper thing is ever the more ridiculous because it's ONLY forced on the women - usually the men are all about business casual, which while it might look dorky[1] at least isn't completely anachronistic or "obvious religious garb!"

[1] Gotta say though, things get light years beyond just "dorky" when we're talking business casual IN THE POOL. That's right, you didn't hear me wrong - chinos and polos there in the chlorine by the diving board. In a pool in the middle of the night at a hotel in goodness knows where Outer Ruralia, of course. Where it wasn't yet officially pool season but you convince them to let just your family (in business casual!) use the pool just this once. I mean, can't have any slutty bathers in there while your family is using it... I only wish I were kidding. This was part of the BuckHale family cross country trip, alas they have erased their blog now that the trip is over. (ETA: But part of their trip was to visit the Maxwells in Kansas, which is where I found them...)

achristianhome.org/ModestFeminine/A_Christian_Home_Modest_Clothing.htm

This is an absolute treasure trove of frumperdom!

That link doesn't work for me, could you post it another way please.

https:// fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1094819_10201700793628088_482191909_n.jpg

you just have to choose : catholicmodesty.com/modest_clothing_links.html

That led me to this modestapparelusa.com/ which left me fascinated by schools that have students by through them, at least one of which was a troubled girls ranch.

Fundiedom is one hell of a rabbit hole.

Fundiedom is one hell of a rabbit hole.

Camo culottes.

modestapparelusa.com/camouflage/culottes-elastic-waist-camouflage.html

That took me to a place I did NOT need to go.

Camo culottes.

modestapparelusa.com/camouflage/culottes-elastic-waist-camouflage.html

That took me to a place I did NOT need to go.

Reminds me of this, which I just ran across these last week.....511tactical.com/tactical-duty-kilt-135116.html which I think is nicer--and it comes in camo.... but I'm not sure Hubs is wanting a kilt.

I have to give the Seven Sisters props for their sewing section. Some of their projects are really cute, and their directions for how to make them are solid.

oh God, the wedding dress is... ugh.

Looks like they are all wearing old granny nightgowns from the 1800's.

I actually just found one that was worse on a mywedding photo gallery. Not to mention that the bride and groom were both barefoot. Anyone know if we can post links from those?

My personal favorite: liliesapparel.com

Oh, that man in the wedding photos reminds me of the bad guy from Lazy Town!

8iJQpZV.jpg

This is an absolute treasure trove of frumperdom!

I totally read that link as "anti Christ at home". :lol: Too much celebratory champagne at church today for me. (Happy Easter!)

Archived