IGNORED

Question about your favorite shows

DuggarsTheEndIsNear

I find that the more attached I am to a show, the less likely I am to read what others have to say about it or engage people in conversations about it (beyond "you should watch this"). Are you the same way? Or would you prefer to open yourself to what others have to say?

I find that the more attached I am to a show, the less likely I am to read what others have to say about it or engage people in conversations about it (beyond "you should watch this"). Are you the same way? Or would you prefer to open yourself to what others have to say?

I don't really enjoy over analyzing the shows I enjoy, particularly comedies. I love How I Met Your Mother and never read anyone's commentary or discussed it with anyone but my husband until the finale.

One that I think is really grossly over-analyzed is Downton Abbey. I want to go into every thread on the internet about that show and say "It is a SOAP OPERA people, what were you expecting? Jane Austen? Stop letting the pretty period costumes and setting fool you into thinking it is anything else!!!"

I don't really enjoy over analyzing the shows I enjoy, particularly comedies. I love How I Met Your Mother and never read anyone's commentary or discussed it with anyone but my husband until the finale.

One that I think is really grossly over-analyzed is Downton Abbey. I want to go into every thread on the internet about that show and say "It is a SOAP OPERA people, what were you expecting? Jane Austen? Stop letting the pretty period costumes and setting fool you into thinking it is anything else!!!"

Hahaha yea I'm similar. But I also don't want to know spoilers, even shows that are based on books have spoilers (like GoTs). Granted they're not as big, but they still exist.

But that keeps me from knowing things I should. Like I didn't know they recast Daario. And, I won't lie, my heart was crushed when Ed Skrein didn't grace my screen.

For me it depends on the show. Certain shows are very 1 dimensional and don't need much discussion beyond some quoting here and there. Others I like to discuss for plot and shock factor (what will happen next; omg did you see that?), The Sopranos is an example of this. Some (particularly comedies) I like discussing for favorite episodes, quotes, characters, etc. Occasionally one will come along that I like to discuss in a deeper way, but that is rare. Lost and Dead Like Me are examples that fit this category.

for me it depends on if friends in offline life also watch the show. if not, i'm more likely to read about it and talk about it and add tumblr blogs about the show to my feed and like it on facebook and.....

I am the other way. The more I like a show, the more deeply I want to discuss it. It's the same with shows that I think are interesting but flawed. If I don't want to discuss something it generally means I didn't like it very much and don't want to waste any more time on it.

Archived