IGNORED

God closes womb; Parents rejoice?

Black Aliss

Maybe it's just the way she writes, but I get the impression that Lora of vitafamiliae, is thrilled to find herself not pregnant less than two years after the last one:

But it’s also the first time we have a baby turning two… and no baby in the queue.

It’s the end of an era.

We are Grateful, SO crazy big time grateful… but giddy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I follow a blog written by a Chabad mom of eight who lives in Israel. She's an avid knitter and makes some really cute things for her kids. Anyway, in her profile on the blog, she admits that she dreams of menopause! I love that she'd admit that.

Question. Doesn't being giddily happy about NOT being pregnant go against everything they believe? While I do believe children are a gift from God, I also believe it is okay to use birth control. They don't, however, and are supposed to accept all pregnancies with joy; you wouldn't turn down other gifts, so why refuse more babies? Being grateful for not being pregnant would seem to me to conflict with their beliefs. I certainly understand their feeling that way, but does that mean if she is pregnant next month they will be upset? Angry? Ungrateful? I really hope they can figure out that having one baby after another is overwhelming and it isn't bad to space or limit the number of children in a family. They HAVE been fruitful and multiplied. The Lord did not set a target number for offspring.

Question. Doesn't being giddily happy about NOT being pregnant go against everything they believe? While I do believe children are a gift from God, I also believe it is okay to use birth control. They don't, however, and are supposed to accept all pregnancies with joy; you wouldn't turn down other gifts, so why refuse more babies? Being grateful for not being pregnant would seem to me to conflict with their beliefs. I certainly understand their feeling that way, but does that mean if she is pregnant next month they will be upset? Angry? Ungrateful? I really hope they can figure out that having one baby after another is overwhelming and it isn't bad to space or limit the number of children in a family. They HAVE been fruitful and multiplied. The Lord did not set a target number for offspring.

If it's all "God's will" then you can be equally giddy about being pregnant or hitting menopause.

I was giddy both times that I was pregnant. I was giddy when I realized I was done with all that period junk. I do not believe in "God's will". :D

I follow a blog written by a Chabad mom of eight who lives in Israel. She's an avid knitter and makes some really cute things for her kids. Anyway, in her profile on the blog, she admits that she dreams of menopause! I love that she'd admit that.

I'd be interested in reading her blog. Can you please share the link?

She's still somewhat young, isn't she? Her oldest kids are only 10. It seems premature to declare that your baby days are over just because you've managed to go two years without a pregnancy. Perhaps her fertility is waning and any future children won't be as closely spaced, but I'd be surprised if there aren't a couple more pregnancies in her future.

I've been counting down the days till menopause since I was 11. 20ish more years, you guys!

Be careful what you wish for........vapeurs, mood swings etc.

any insight into when this nonsense ends? I'd be giddy,too.I'm 49 and still not there yet. :( I keep reading on average ages,and thinking I must be outdoing them all.

Be careful what you wish for........vapeurs, mood swings etc.

I just don want to have periods anymore... For some reason I've always felt I shouldn't be having them... Ever... Like, when it finally happened I was devastated because... I don't know why it just feels like something... Wrong, for me.

Sometimes I can skip it by not doing the placebo on my BC, but I'm a bit scared to do it too often. I wish there was a way to get rid of them entirely.

Well, I didn't have a period the first five years I had my Norplant in. In fact, I'd forgotten to pay attention to the time and got my first hint it wasn't working when I finally got a period over five and a half years after having it installed.

She's still somewhat young, isn't she? Her oldest kids are only 10. It seems premature to declare that your baby days are over just because you've managed to go two years without a pregnancy. Perhaps her fertility is waning and any future children won't be as closely spaced, but I'd be surprised if there aren't a couple more pregnancies in her future.

I don't know her age, but sometimes a fertile woman becomes non-fertile after a complicated birth. And sometimes there are hormonal issues that decreases fertility before menopause. Maybe she's still fertile but due to her age she's not getting pregnant so easily.

Anyway, it's good news, because she seems selfish and cold with her children.

any insight into when this nonsense ends? I'd be giddy,too.I'm 49 and still not there yet. :( I keep reading on average ages,and thinking I must be outdoing them all.

49 is pretty old to not be experiencing peri menopausal symptoms, but is still younger than the average age of menopause. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones who'll slide into menopause easily? I be more than willing to give up the hot flashes and night sweats.

If I had her belief system and believed in happily accepting whatever children God had in store for me, I could definitely see being very, very happy at the children coming every 3-4 years, instead of every 1-2 years. I might still want a couple more babies, but getting some rest in between pregnancy and nursing and the 24/7 always physically active and exhausting time of having a baby around would be an amazing relief IMHO.

I just don want to have periods anymore... For some reason I've always felt I shouldn't be having them... Ever... Like, when it finally happened I was devastated because... I don't know why it just feels like something... Wrong, for me.

Sometimes I can skip it by not doing the placebo on my BC, but I'm a bit scared to do it too often. I wish there was a way to get rid of them entirely.

My periods (started at age 10) were horrible, PMS and all that. My menopause was even worse and lasted for many years, I started at age 39.

I have the Mirena IUD and I have my period about 2x a year. I srsly love it...I know IUD's aren't for everyone but if you are looking for an alternative where you won't or infrequently have periods it is a great option.

My doctor told me the average age was 52 and a half. I was nearly 53.

No hot flashes, no night sweats, and feeling so much better since I'm not fighting anemia from perimenopause.

No hot flashes, no night sweats, and feeling so much better since I'm not fighting anemia from perimenopause.

Lucky sausage!

I'm 45 and unless skipping the odd period is a sign I'm still in menstrual misery :cry:

Please, please send a wish this way for a speedy menopause as I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and the menopause will be a welcome relief for me!!!!

Ist period when I was 12. Dysmenorrhea/abnormal uterus. Irregular, massive pain, fainting, throwing up, anemia, etc.

Perimenopause = 48ish. Last period = 51. Occasional hot flashes and night sweats, no noticable mood swings.

Menopause :happy-jumpeveryone:

Ist period when I was 12. Dysmenorrhea/abnormal uterus. Irregular, massive pain, fainting, throwing up, anemia, etc.

Perimenopause = 48ish. Last period = 51.

Menopause :happy-jumpeveryone:

The first, I had exactly the same exept the abnormal uterus

Second, all of that all the time, very noticable mood swings.

I'm 45 and unless skipping the odd period is a sign I'm still in menstrual misery :cry:

Please, please send a wish this way for a speedy menopause as I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and the menopause will be a welcome relief for me!!!!

Skipping periods is often how it begins. The part they don't always tell you about though is the getting periods MORE often. Before I had my partial hysterectomy I was having periods 2 weeks out of every 4. :shock: Not having periods anymore was amazingly lovely, and I kept my ovaries so I've been able to slide into menopause naturally.

Skipping periods is often how it begins. The part they don't always tell you about though is the getting periods MORE often. Before I had my partial hysterectomy I was having periods 2 weeks out of every 4. :shock: Not having periods anymore was amazingly lovely, and I kept my ovaries so I've been able to slide into menopause naturally.

I will just do a small public service announcement.

If you are having frequent or heavy periods, make sure you are getting your iron levels checked. If you notice you are getting out of breathe on stairs, or seem to be losing endurance, get checked. I blamed it on my weight, I tried working out more and got no results at building endurance. I finally called a GP, thinking I was having heart trouble, and after some tests they sent me to the emergency room. More tests to check the heart and it was found I was anemic enough I was in danger of going into a coma... I got 2 units of blood and was a new woman. ( A friend had more or less the same thing and ended up having to have surgery/ either a hysterectomy or Endometrial Ablation) So beware of just trying to take things in stride. I encourage you to be aware of this because I am now medicating for blood pressure because there are long term issues with heart valve damage resulting from this, per my doctor.

Archived