IGNORED

No 2014 dog and pony show for the Maxwells yet....

Justme

They've no conferences posted for 2014, nothing, na-da, none...... :think: I could understand wanting to be in town when Anna pops the kid, however, s/he should be safely here by early March as the latest. Why not start the next "tour" in April? Do you think they haven't received any invitations? Did the "time run out" as Stevie hinted a couple of years ago? What's going on????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably not profitable. Considering the cost to do these conferences, fuel alone must set a dint in their profits. The need several, busy conferences to take place along the same trip. Then they need to sell a lot of stock. Their target market is small and now those potential customers have the internet at their fingertips. Unless the maxwells diversify they will never be as popular as they were ten years ago. They might hold a few conferences over the next few years, but the real money making us over. I can see them selling Uriah at some point too.

They've no conferences posted for 2014, nothing, na-da, none...... :think: I could understand wanting to be in town when Anna pops the kid, however, s/he should be safely here by early March as the latest. Why not start the next "tour" in April? Do you think they haven't received any invitations? Did the "time run out" as Stevie hinted a couple of years ago? What's going on????

I think they were on a trip when Bethany, Joshua or Tina were born. ETA-it was Bethany and she was born right before they left.

Looking through years past, the number of conferences have definitely declined. The used to have a lot in January, but haven't started before March in a few years.

I am really surprised the Maxwells are lowering themselves to appear at a conference with other people, some of whom probably like to have f*n and know the words to "Row Row Row Your Boat."

Now that the subject has been brought up here, I wonder how long it will take the subject to come up on their blog. :think:

Aack, Scott Brown is speaking at the Denver conference. Didn't see Steve listed.

I am really surprised the Maxwells are lowering themselves to appear at a conference with other people, some of whom probably like to have f*n and know the words to "Row Row Row Your Boat."

Looks like a fundie convention.

Just looked at the website in more detail. I'm surprised they didn't go to the St Louis one in 2013.

Now that I've seen this....Maybe Sarah can forgea relationship with one of the unmarried Seppi sons.

Looks like a fundie convention.

A fundie convention with Dominionist leanings. Steve doesn't talk much about theology in his seminars....

What Fundie camp do the Maxwells follow or are they independently crazy?

It's called The Church of Stevehovah. No one else is good enough for them.

Technically they're Free Will Baptists (an oxymoron if ever I saw one), but they've taken the crazy train a few stops further.

Now that I've seen this....Maybe Sarah can forgea relationship with one of the unmarried Seppi sons.

The Seppis might be extreme enough to be Steve-approved. But don't they live somewhere out west? That could be a problem unless Seppi Son were willling to move 0.2 miles from Maxhell.

It's called The Church of Stevehovah. No one else is good enough for them.

It's in the same denomination as the Church of the Elderly.

Whaaat? You mean that nobody has read their book on making good conversationalists, been inspired and uplifted, then purposed to invite the Maxwells to come speak in their town? That book was supposed to be a real barn-burner, the salvation of godly young men gone a-courtin', and a welcome relief to patriarchs grown weary of mumbled monosyllables. Surely, such a vital resource has been a hot seller? After all, Stevehovah himself decreed that it was the best and most important topic at hand, and we all know Stevehovah is infallible, right? Right?

[crickets]

I wonder how much the Vision Forum demise has affected them? Maybe there just aren't enough conferences for them to attend that they don't sponsor themselves?

Aack, Scott Brown is speaking at the Denver conference. Didn't see Steve listed.

Most fundies are too worldly for Steve, probably why they do so few big conferences. The few they do now are probably only out of necessity since their solo conference shindig has dried up.

Speaking of Scotty, I wonder what Steve-O would say if someone asked what he would think if one of his sons wanted to apply for one of his internships. I'm guessing this would be a big fat NO as it would mean of of his sons would be under the authority of another for a few scant months...

Most fundies are too worldly for Steve, probably why they do so few big conferences. The few they do now are probably only out of necessity since their solo conference shindig has dried up.

Speaking of Scotty, I wonder what Steve-O would say if someone asked what he would think if one of his sons wanted to apply for one of his internships. I'm guessing this would be a big fat NO as it would mean of of his sons would be under the authority of another for a few scant months...

It would also imply that Steve didn't do a good enough job raising his son. He's got all those expert "raising sons" books. No way his sons could ever benefit from any further education.

Besides, isn't there an age limit to the intership programs? I'm guessing Steve's unmarried sons are too old for many of those programs.

I will admit that I'd like them to tour, just so I could titty flash Uriah. I realize it would pale in comparison to Treemom's epic encounter, but I still want my chance! I should probably figure out the odds of being arrested for that before proceeding. Though cops do seem to like nurses for some reason and perhaps I could say I mistook Uriah for the One Direction tour bus. :law-policered:

Honestly, after hearing from fellow FJers about what the Maxwell conventions consists of, I'm not surprised that they stopped getting invites. They advertise it as a 'homeschooling conference', which most assume consists of lectures and tips on how to homeschool. What it is, in reality, is a long running ad for their business. It's really a live infomercial with some amateur music and scattered advice, a bait and switch and no one likes to feel tricked.

I bet when conservative churches first saw their flyers, they thought, "Oh boy! speakers willing to come for free!". What they got was a weird cultish family who abhors churches and want to sell you their wares. Maybe word got out after the Maxwells' first two years touring. If nothing else, their restrictions probably turned many fundies off. No friends for children? No churches? Every minute scheduled? Funerals are more fun....

Judging by the effort and money spent on Uriah, I think Steve expected many more years of touring. I bet this touring ministry was ideal for Steve because it gave him a pulpit that fed his ego and narcissism and offered an extra level of isolation for his kids. A homeschooling convention means a lot more people with his children surrounded by fellow sellers AND clients. The Maxwells like to present themselves as above the unwashed masses. However, the joke is on them, as no one actually wants to live like them.

Has anyone noticed that in past homeschooing conventions where Sunday services are offered, the Maxwells will leave on Saturday night/early Sunday and decamp elsewhere rather than stay for a church service? I mean, for casual viewers, it's just odd. Why scramble to get on the road just to do church service in your bus? Only the Maxwells would run away from church service in order to.....do a church service.

I had never thought about that, but you're right. They never stay for a service. You'd think in all these years, they'd post pics of services at different churches, but they don't.

That's pretty sad.

I had never thought about that, but you're right. They never stay for a service. You'd think in all these years, they'd post pics of services at different churches, but they don't.

That's pretty sad.

Yet they will stay and get a free meal from the host church.

Archived