IGNORED

Fox news- women still need husbands

coleslaw74

I am a very new mostly lurker but saw this and thought of FJ: (Hoping I do the linking thing OK)

foxnews.com/opinion/2013/11/22/why-women-still-need-husbands/

From the article, "There’s no way to be a wife, a mother and a full-time employee and still create balance. But you can have balance by depending on a husband who works full-time and year-round." There's no way a woman could possibly get everything she wants out of life without a husband, because DUH of course every woman wants a family.

Oh, where would I be without the magic penis that brings home a paycheck?

Magic penis? Perfect pairing for our Hoover vacuum vaginas! Penis brings paycheck, vagina cleans house.

Ah, yes, Phyllis Schlafly's niece. Lots of well-balanced discussions going on at that Thanksgiving table.

But I suppose you can be Father of the Year as well as rich, White, and conservative, without the trappings of a wife. Especially if some viperous harpy tricks you into impregnating her so she can live off your dole and slinks away with your spawn elsewhere. Good one, Fox News.

ETA: I am a bit drunk after a disastrous pre-Thanksgiving dinner with family. Wheeeeee!

But I suppose you can be Father of the Year as well as rich, White, and conservative, without the trappings of a wife. Especially if some viperous harpy tricks you into impregnating her so she can live off your dole and slinks away with your spawn elsewhere. Good one, Fox News.

ETA: I am a bit drunk after a disastrous pre-Thanksgiving dinner with family. Wheeeeee!

I thought the exact same thing. So, it's fine for Men to not have wives, I guess.

I particularly liked this: "Financial independence is a great thing, but you can’t take your paycheck to bed with you." This woman has clearly never purchased a Battery Operated Boyfriend. Obviously because she's a nut but still.

And beyond the obvious fact that technology can replace certain bits of a "husband," I'd like to think I can marry someone I love, not a paycheck.

My grandparents have Fox News on nearly 24/7 (I say nearly because since they have spent almost an entire month talking about the same aspects of health care, even my grandparents are finding it hard to tune in) and I cant tell you how many times I've heard their anchors, especially O'Reilly claim that the reason we have crime is because black people dont have nuclear families.

Every. Single. Crime. is blamed on this idea that black women are raising all black people and they're unable to do so properly because fathers wont be dads.

Because white people dont commit crimes. And people from upper class, nuclear families dont commit crimes.

-_-

I am a very new mostly lurker but saw this and thought of FJ: (Hoping I do the linking thing OK)

From the article, "There’s no way to be a wife, a mother and a full-time employee and still create balance. But you can have balance by depending on a husband who works full-time and year-round." There's no way a woman could possibly get everything she wants out of life without a husband, because DUH of course every woman wants a family.

Hmm, that's strange. I am a single woman, a mother and a full-time employee and I am VERY happy with my life. I do have everything I want, because that list does not include a husband. I've truly thought long and hard about the idea of dating and meeting someone, but I just love my life too much. I feel like having another human being to have to take into consideration sounds tiresome and would not improve my quality of life one bit.

Don't get me wrong, if I meet that someone special, he would be worth a change in my lifestyle, but if I don't, I am quite happy to die single and with the obligatory 15 cats (<-- That was just a joke, no more than 10.)

I HATE the idea that I simply cannot be happy if I am not the extension of another human being (so-and-so's wife)

In addition to everything else that's wrong with the Fox news mentality that a woman needs a man out of some sort of dependency and not love they need to wake up to the fact that some women would rather have wives.

Hmm, that's strange. I am a single woman, a mother and a full-time employee and I am VERY happy with my life.

Well duh, that's because you're not a wife and don't have a husband. Obviously it's having the man that upsets the equilibrium.

I do have everything I want, because that list does not include a husband. I've truly thought long and hard about the idea of dating and meeting someone, but I just love my life too much. I feel like having another human being to have to take into consideration sounds tiresome and would not improve my quality of life one bit.

(bolding mine) Exactly.

(full disclosure: I am financially dependent on a husband who works full-time and year-round... but I know lots of women who aren't and to be quite frank they're rather more balanced in their lives than I am.)

That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. And this coming from a married woman. I love my husband dearly. I married him because I love him, not because I needed him to take care of me. I managed to do just fine before he came along. I had a great career. I traveled the world. I loved my life. I still love my life, but not anymore than I did before. Having a husband and child makes my life simply different, not better or worse. I've always been happy and independent regardless of how many people were in my family.

As for now, I happen to be the bread winner of the family while my husband stays home with our son. I made more money, so it would have been stupid for me to quit my job. So, suck it Fox News. I'm a wife, a mother, I have a full time career, and I've got balance.

I just got rid of a husband/paycheck because I'd rather live in peace and poverty than in turmoil and plenty. :)

My grandparents have Fox News on nearly 24/7 (I say nearly because since they have spent almost an entire month talking about the same aspects of health care, even my grandparents are finding it hard to tune in) and I cant tell you how many times I've heard their anchors, especially O'Reilly claim that the reason we have crime is because black people dont have nuclear families.

Every. Single. Crime. is blamed on this idea that black women are raising all black people and they're unable to do so properly because fathers wont be dads.

Because white people dont commit crimes. And people from upper class, nuclear families dont commit crimes.

-_-

My dad is a Fox News addict. I've started referring to the station as the I Hate Obamacare network (quietly, to myself, so I don't ruffle any feathers). Every. single. show starts with whining, and continues until the hour is up, then someone else starts in with more whining.

Oh, where would I be without the magic penis that brings home a paycheck?

Magic Penis sounds like something David Waller dreams of every night.

My dad is a Fox News addict. I've started referring to the station as the I Hate Obamacare network (quietly, to myself, so I don't ruffle any feathers). Every. single. show starts with whining, and continues until the hour is up, then someone else starts in with more whining.

I have a sister in law who loves that shit, she told my Mother that was the only "news" (my quotes, not hers) she watches, because they tell the truth. Mother said it was a challenge not to laugh in her face.

I have a sister in law who loves that shit, she told my Mother that was the only "news" (my quotes, not hers) she watches, because they tell the truth. Mother said it was a challenge not to laugh in her face.

Thanksgiving. In-laws. Fox News on all. The. Time.

Aaaaand and that's why there's an abundance of empty wine bottles, emptied mostly by me. :confusion-helpsos: :obscene-drinkingdrunk::text-merryxmas:

And beyond the obvious fact that technology can replace certain bits of a "husband," I'd like to think I can marry someone I love, not a paycheck.

You mean there's something I can buy that will mow the lawn and kill spiders? Where?! :D

I wonder do they give tips on where to fine one. Yes, I'm on the market. :mrgreen:

You mean there's something I can buy that will mow the lawn and kill spiders? Where?! :D

I've bought something that will mow the lawn. He charges by the month, and then comes around with the leaf-blower in the fall. The spiders I just lure onto a sheet of paper and flick out the door.

I've bought something that will mow the lawn. He charges by the month, and then comes around with the leaf-blower in the fall. The spiders I just lure onto a sheet of paper and flick out the door.

Genius! :D

Many years ago, in an article about people making up names for things(for example, a young boy who called Neapolitan ice cream "vanchocstraw,"), I read of a single lady who referred to a small rubber square to open jars as a "rubber husband." :lol:

Many years ago, in an article about people making up names for things(for example, a young boy who called Neapolitan ice cream "vanchocstraw,"), I read of a single lady who referred to a small rubber square to open jars as a "rubber husband." :lol:

That is so not what comes to mind when you say the words "rubber husband" :lol:

Archived