IGNORED

Fox news- women still need husbands

coleslaw74

That is so not what comes to mind when you say the words "rubber husband" :lol:

Yeah, I thought of that too[/mind completely entrenched in gutter]. :lol:

Many years ago, in an article about people making up names for things(for example, a young boy who called Neapolitan ice cream "vanchocstraw,"), I read of a single lady who referred to a small rubber square to open jars as a "rubber husband." :lol:

Wait, I've always called those rubber husbands. What else are they called??

You mean there's something I can buy that will mow the lawn and kill spiders? Where?! :D

Mow the lawn..... .husqvarna.com/us/products/robotic-mowers/automower-265-acx/

Spider amazon.com/Sonic-Technology-Bugbuster-Battery-Operated/dp/B00029XD7Q

Of course, neither hubs or I mows the lawn (yet it is mowed... tis a miracle) and I kill the spidies... he hateses them.

Of course, neither hubs or I mows the lawn (yet it is mowed... tis a miracle) and I kill the spidies... he hateses them.

What is with men and spiders? I get spider duty here too, the big girl wont go near them.

Least he mows the lawns.

That spider thing* - is that the vacuum thing that sucks up the critter and zaps it to death? I thought of getting one of those but the thought of having a bunch of dead insects in the same place was just icky.

* I don't want to click on the link because there might be pictures of spiders and just no

Re husbandly assistance: Ex #1 was next to no help. He had a pretty easy office job, working for his father, but would come home and vedge because he'd Worked So Hard All Day. I had been in grad school and taught a variety of classes, but that wasn't a "real fulltime job." when I was pregnant, he got laid off for a while, so I started doing temp office work (partly because I was starting to realize I couldn't rely on him for much)--and got a huge wake up call: How was it that I could do a full day's work, go to a doctor's appointment, run some errands, AND come home to make dinner and do the laundry without collapsing in exhaustion? Busted, pal.

Ex #2 was extremely handy about the house, but it was on his terms, and everything came with an emotional price tag. For instance, he was in charge of the dishes, but he wouldn't run the dishwasher unless there were enough for a full load ( so they sat there in the sink because he had a "method"). If I tried to do them, he'd throw a fit.

I am genuinely happy that so many of you have really great SOs, but, given my track record, I'm better off rowing my boat alone.

That spider thing* - is that the vacuum thing that sucks up the critter and zaps it to death? I thought of getting one of those but the thought of having a bunch of dead insects in the same place was just icky.

* I don't want to click on the link because there might be pictures of spiders and just no

Yeah, that is the thing. I think it kills them. There is one I've seen that you can take the little bug outside and release it... seems counter productive to me.

Srsly don't kill spiders. Not only is it bad luck (allegedly) it's a bit counterproductive as spiders get rid of nastier insects.

If you don't like them and put them outside, they won't automatically come back in again. A fair amount of inside spiders are a bit lost, spiders not being the brainiest of beasts. They are looking for a mate or a warm place, and if they find them outside, they'll stay outside.

Archived