IGNORED

Idiots at OMM starting a counter petition

lilwriter85

The OMM morons right now are upset because some guy recently started a petition telling PBS to let Bert and Ernie get married. The OMM members are shitting their pants about this and they are actually worried about PBS taking the "let Bert and Ernie get married" petition serious.

onemillionmoms.com/signpetition.asp?id=121

Sign this Important Petition

Petition for PBS Not to Marry Bert and Ernie on 'Sesame Street'

PBS should not even entertain the idea of a Gay Wedding on a Children's Show

A petition recently posted on change.org requesting that PBS wed Sesame Street's Bert and Ernie, but OMM has our own petition encouraging PBS to keep this relationship the same as it has always been. We know our voice is louder!

A quote from their petition: "We are not asking that Sesame Street do anything crude or disrespectful. Only that they allow Bert & Ernie to marry or even add a transgender character to the show. It can be done in a tasteful way."

Not only is this unacceptable but completely out of place on a children's television program! There is no reason to have sexuality in the show.

And the producers of Sesame Street say Bert and Ernie's relationship is purely platonic (which is a love that is non-sexual).

"Bert and Ernie are best friends," the non-profit Sesame Workshop said in a statement. "They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves. Even though the Sesame Street Muppets possess many human traits and characteristics, they have no sexual orientation."

TAKE ACTION

Sign a petition to the Public Broadcast Service encouraging them to keep Bert and Ernie's relationship as it has been since 1969. The characters should remain just friends, and PBS should not even consider a gay wedding on "Sesame Street" or adding a transgender character to the show.

We'll add your name to thousands of other voices and then send to PBS.

I strongly encourage the Public Broadcast Service to keep Bert and Ernie's relationship as it has been since 1969. The characters should remain just friends, and PBS should not even consider a gay wedding on "Sesame Street" or adding a transgender character to the show. There is no reason to have sexuality on a children's television program.

I think OMM is bored right now because there aren't a lot of things they can bitch about until the fall TV season starts. My predictions for the next OMM bitch fests are their continuing protests against The Playboy Club, Good Christian Belles and they will probably throw American Horror Story in their bitch fest.

Except this is all moot, because PBS said Bert and Ernie are not gay, and "puppets do not have a sexual orientation." The characters were based on Frank Oz and Jim Henson, who were real life best friends in spite of being very different.

Except this is all moot, because PBS said Bert and Ernie are not gay, and "puppets do not have a sexual orientation." The characters were based on Frank Oz and Jim Henson, who were real life best friends in spite of being very different.

Why let facts get in the way of outrage? :D

For a few days Fox news's website had it on their front page "Bert and Ernie getting married?!", as if an online petition meant a gay wedding Sesame Street was already being written. Fox knows its audience and knew the article would draw a lot of attention and anger, even though reading it (which a lot of people don't do, they just read the headline and comment) explained that it was just an idea, not a plan of Childrens Television Workshop.

The tools over on the PPs facebook have gotten a hold of this story.

Super Scary Guy:

DISGUSTING! VILE! REPROBATES!!!

This is why God WILL let America fail.

Thanks to you all who continue to "tolerate"!

Petition Asks Bert And Ernie To Get Married On Sesame Street

http://www.huffingtonpost.com

Should Bert and Ernie get married? Over 900 people think so.

Wednesday at 20:29 · Like · · Share

Tool #1: Ironically these two characters were probably already created to subtlely indoctrinate kids to homos but now these idiots raised on it think they're so progressive & bold trying to force it into the show when they only think homosexuality is such a great thing because of shows like Sesame Street and so many others in the first place.

Yesterday at 01:35 · Like · 1 person

Tool#2: I wonder if PBS knows they're just puppets?

19 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Super Scary Guy: Indeed Tool#1. I think many children's shows have subliminal "world morals" in them.

Barney the effeminate purple dinosaur.

Sponge Bob Queeeer pants.

etc etc etc.

19 hours ago · Like

Tool#1: there are sodomites everywhere! tv,the store,govt offices,probably your neighbors,school teachers. can we not keep them out of any part of our life?

15 hours ago · Like

I never thought Bert and Ernie were gay and I still don't but I haven't watched in some 30 odd years. Why can't 2 guys live together and not be lovers? Why can't 2 gay men live together and not be each other lovers? Why do they have to be a couple at all when we all know that Ernie loves his duckie more than anything?

Dude, I always thought Bert and Ernie just had an epic bromance, not that they were gay.

Even if they were, OMM needs to chill the fuck out.

Its not like fundies or people who watch fox news let their children watch the evil, liberal Sesame Street anyway so why do they even care?

It's been awhile since Sesame Street was on the menu, but I was wondering: are any of the Sesame Street characters married to each other? It don't remember Sesame Street being concerned with portraying marriage on their program at all. Their audience is four years old!

Still watching sesame st. daily here lol.... Gordon and Maria are married (the bald black guy and the hispanic woman, for those of you who remember they've been on the show as long as I can remember and I'm pushing 40)..... but they are people. I think Bob might be married too, but again, he's a person. None of the "puppets" are married or have relationships, and elmo does say he's 4.

The OMM's just need somthing to clutch their pearls about, and Tinky Winky's homosexual purse isn't on the air anymore!

Oh my god. The pearl clutchers need to get a life. It was a petition for god sake. Furthermore, if they have an issue with Sesame Street, then don't watch it. There, problem solved.

Meh. Let OMM win this one. Bert and Ernie aren't gay. BUT it'd be perfectly fine with me if Sesame Street did introduce at least one gay or lesbian or transgender character. When the show first debuted, it was remarkable to a lot of us for its portrayal of differnt ethnicities living side by side in harmony, and for the matter-of-fact way it included multiracial characters. As a 10-year-old, I had never seen mixed-race kids before, let alone dreamt that they could live in harmony with kids of other backgrounds. Sesame Street has broken new ground before. Now's a great time for them to introduce characters some other 10-year-old might never have dreamt could exist.

When the show first debuted, it was remarkable to a lot of us for its portrayal of differnt ethnicities living side by side in harmony, and for the matter-of-fact way it included multiracial characters. As a 10-year-old, I had never seen mixed-race kids before, let alone dreamt that they could live in harmony with kids of other backgrounds.

Definately! Growing up in whitebread Ann Arbor Michigan, I had never seen a hispanic person when I was a kid. I love that aspect of sesame st! Also, almost every day there is a kid in a wheelchair on there, even in the elmo dvd's, and my son absolutely loves that there are kids like him on tv...They need to leave sesame st alone damnit !!

The tools over on the PPs facebook have gotten a hold of this story.

Super Scary Guy:

DISGUSTING! VILE! REPROBATES!!!

This is why God WILL let America fail.

Thanks to you all who continue to "tolerate"!

Petition Asks Bert And Ernie To Get Married On Sesame Street

http://www.huffingtonpost.com

Should Bert and Ernie get married? Over 900 people think so.

Wednesday at 20:29 · Like · · Share

Tool #1: Ironically these two characters were probably already created to subtlely indoctrinate kids to homos but now these idiots raised on it think they're so progressive & bold trying to force it into the show when they only think homosexuality is such a great thing because of shows like Sesame Street and so many others in the first place.

Yesterday at 01:35 · Like · 1 person

Tool#2: I wonder if PBS knows they're just puppets?

19 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Super Scary Guy: Indeed Tool#1. I think many children's shows have subliminal "world morals" in them.

Barney the effeminate purple dinosaur.

Sponge Bob Queeeer pants.

etc etc etc.

19 hours ago · Like

Tool#1: there are sodomites everywhere! tv,the store,govt offices,probably your neighbors,school teachers. can we not keep them out of any part of our life?

15 hours ago · Like

Taryn needs to weigh in on this. I value her opinion.

Still watching sesame st. daily here lol.... Gordon and Maria are married (the bald black guy and the hispanic woman, for those of you who remember they've been on the show as long as I can remember and I'm pushing 40)..... but they are people. I think Bob might be married too, but again, he's a person. None of the "puppets" are married or have relationships, and elmo does say he's 4.

The OMM's just need somthing to clutch their pearls about, and Tinky Winky's homosexual purse isn't on the air anymore!

Gordon is married to Susan, played by Loretta Long, and they've been married for the entire run of the show. Maria and Luis are married. Bob's not married, but Linda is his girlfriend. Buffy Sainte-Marie has appeared on Sesame Street several times in the 70s and is noted for breastfeeding her son Cody on the show. Yep, right there in front of Big Bird, god and everybody.

There is or at least was a Muppet married couple on Sesame Street. Ingrid and Humphrey ran the Furry Arms Hotel and were the parents to baby Natasha. In one episode, Fran Drescher applied to be Natasha's nanny.

You Rock!! For some reason I thought Gordon & Maria were married to each other. after almost 40 years, I'll still sit down and actually watch it with my son.

Guest Anonymous

Has anybody else noticed that the lyrics of the "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures" show are a bit questionable, considering that this gay speculation has been going on for so long? I mean, it shows Bert and Ernie in separate beds, and Ernie jumps into Bert's bed and starts singing, "Every time the bed starts tappin', something special's gonna happen!" Then at 0:22 in the video, you hear Bert say something that sounds like, "This is kind of kinky". They changed it to "Catchy" recently.

I don't have a problem with my kids watching it. I think it's a cute show. I just think they might have been a bit more 'careful' about the lyrics with all this controversy. Then again, if this is the producer's way of stickin' it to the crazy OMM'ers and their ilk? :clap:

I thought Bob was dead.

Nope, Bob's still alive. Will Lee, who played Mr Hooper died in 1983, and the producers had his character die on the show, too.

Nope, Bob's still alive. Will Lee, who played Mr Hooper died in 1983, and the producers had his character die on the show, too.

Didn't anyone die after that? I remember one of my kids crying over something about death on that show.

It's been awhile since Sesame Street was on the menu, but I was wondering: are any of the Sesame Street characters married to each other? It don't remember Sesame Street being concerned with portraying marriage on their program at all. Their audience is four years old!

Yes. Ingrid and Humphrey were married with a baby named Natasha.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiU9z4HjN6bbYUpnI5LjFGb_KejpmfDvtbtQ4SyE57HW5DkGOj

Ingrid and Humphrey were obnoxiously lovey dovey with each other.

Archived