IGNORED

Munck's went to 'ebil Epcot....

Justme

I love Epcot and WDW in general. Glad it's not "to" 'ebil for their kids! Cute pic's of the guys in their Disney shirts in front of the lake.

On the other hand, Sarah M posted about their 3rd annual ladies brunch. (From the picture, they had a total of 3 "guests". Anna & Gigi couldn't make it. :whistle: ) So, Liz, that could have been you at the table instead of having FUN at Epcot!

Holy crap, even the Maxwell's freaking PAPER PLATES have bible verses on them.

I hope Liz knows just how lucky she is to have dodged this bullet.

Really I'll have look again. Also I agree about Liz.

The more I read the munck blog the more I realize Liz would have been miserable with the maxwells. The Munck mom has a personality and with all the Disney and swimming and videos, It would have never ever worked.

I love Epcot and WDW in general. Glad it's not "to" 'ebil for their kids! Cute pic's of the guys in their Disney shirts in front of the lake.

On the other hand, Sarah M posted about their 3rd annual ladies brunch. (From the picture, they had a total of 3 "guests". Anna & Gigi couldn't make it. :whistle: ) So, Liz, that could have been you at the table instead of having FUN at Epcot!

Last year counting Anna Marie and Gigi they had eight.

That's nuts! If they're so God-fearing and yadda yadda yadda, I wonder if they throw away the paper plates. Seems a little blasphemous to throw away the word of God! Oh well, at least they had a fair bit of tasty food to eat. Must've been a huge upgrade from their normal meal plan.

Why did they sit the three "guests" together on the opposite side of the table? Do those poor women know how odd the Maxwells are and why do they show up? Just to be neighborly? Do they gossip together about oh no it's time to go over there and be bored stiff for two hours again. Can I fake a medical appointment?

I like to think they all get together over a couple of cocktails and draw straws for who has to show up. And the losers get an extra drink.

Wouldn't that be funny!

The more I read the munck blog the more I realize Liz would have been miserable with the maxwells. The Munck mom has a personality and with all the Disney and swimming and videos, It would have never ever worked.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

If you go back in their blog they visit Florida every year and they have visited Disney before. I believe they might have a time share?

I'm curious about moving to the farm. There old house seemed very nice and they had added on several times to make it work for their family. Suddenly they move to that old farm house (that was just a few small rooms, but I'm sure her husband remodeled it since they owned it for over a year), no pool, no internet, way less space.

Elizabeth I'm sure is much happier without the Maxwells. Interesting her sister has been married 6? months and no baby announcement yet, not even a picture.

Yes, living with Muncks is much better than living with Maxwells... of course! But I feel sad for Elizabeth anyway. She is 21 or 22 and she's having the same Disney holidays each year. She is not dating, not going out with friends, not studying are not having any interesting hobbies as far as we know... she's stuck at home and now this home is a farm, so she's more isolated.She's just babysitting and cleaning the house. Muncks mother is very clever, she doesn't blog about "jurisdictions" but she talks about herself spending the day nursing the baby and looking after the little ones, so Elizabeth and the other elder girl are obviously the cleaning team.

I think Muncks have sold their home because financial reasons. They seemed to love very much the house and the swimming-pool. Maybe they want some of their sons to be farmers and others to work in their dog training company. Even Muncks parents seems to love their children a lot, I doubt they're giving them a good education. So they focuse in family jobs.

They are Christian fundamentalists after all....remember that grouping can run the gamut from the Maxwells, who would be to much for even regular Fundies to take, all the way to the Coghlans, who are pretty cool and fun loving. In all likely hood, Elizabeth Munk will marry a respectable ATI man one day.

Yes, living with Muncks is much better than living with Maxwells... of course! But I feel sad for Elizabeth anyway. She is 21 or 22 and she's having the same Disney holidays each year. She is not dating, not going out with friends, not studying are not having any interesting hobbies as far as we know... she's stuck at home and now this home is a farm, so she's more isolated.She's just babysitting and cleaning the house. Muncks mother is very clever, she doesn't blog about "jurisdictions" but she talks about herself spending the day nursing the baby and looking after the little ones, so Elizabeth and the other elder girl are obviously the cleaning team.

I think Muncks have sold their home because financial reasons. They seemed to love very much the house and the swimming-pool. Maybe they want some of their sons to be farmers and others to work in their dog training company. Even Muncks parents seems to love their children a lot, I doubt they're giving them a good education. So they focuse in family jobs.

I thought the whole family spent the day at the Doggie daycare not at home? They even do most of the homeschooling from the doggie daycare? The girls even wear pants during the day at work. Elizabeth and the older girls all finished some sort of grooming certificate course so they are certified groomers. Mom Munck even blogged a few months ago that she was happy her kids were not so isolated and they got to meet all walks of life at work everyday. I do worry that the move to the farm was more about a quiet life away from others then money. I can't imagine they made a lot of money off selling the home and buying the farm and having to remodel it. Did Mom Munck ever say how Amanda met her husband?

My feeling is Elizabeth spends a lot of time with her brother that has Down Syndrome. I never realized until I read back in the blog how sick he is and Elizabeth is the sibling closest with him. I always wonder if that was part of her choice not to marry?

Yay for WDW! I hope the Munck's had an awesome time there- the International Food and Wine Festival is going on at Epcot right now, which is always fun. I didn't realize that one of the boys had Down's and was so sick. I'm terribly sorry to hear he's not doing well.

Yeah, she would have been wasted as a Maxwell.

I might feel a little sad for her (I would be horrified for her if the wedding had happened), but until I moved out of Florida Mr. Womb and I had the same Disney holiday over and over (Food and Wine festival at Epcot, for the win!) Granted we did other things, but I think having a favorite vacation spot isn't boring for everyone.

Why did they sit the three "guests" together on the opposite side of the table? Do those poor women know how odd the Maxwells are and why do they show up? Just to be neighborly? Do they gossip together about oh no it's time to go over there and be bored stiff for two hours again. Can I fake a medical appointment?

My speculation is it's another way the Maxwells say "We're different from you and when we all line up across from you, we create a barrier that allows us to use our excellent conversational skills directed AT you." If their guests were seated in among them the Maxwells might be exposed to the risky possibility of one-on-one conversations directly with a neighbor! Steve shelters his harem so completely that even when they are with these older women, they are controlled least some new uncensored bit of information slip through. Another way Steve makes sure his harem remains ignorant is by designating an approved subject about which each guest is to make her own speech to the group. No wonder only 3 showed up!

I love Epcot!! I last went to Disney World about 4 years ago........does Epcot still have that really long ride hosted/narrated by Ellen DeGeneres? Wonder what the Munchs thought of that.....other fundies would have a seizure and probably refuse to ride....

This is only somewhat related, but I was at Epcot one day last winter and I saw a surprising number of fundy/hardcore/orthodox folks of numerous faiths, all on the same day. Women in niqab, girls dressed like the Duggars (long permed hair and all,) Orthodox Jewish families, and so on. It was kind of weird, especially the Amish family we saw (? I don't know enough about the Amish to comment on how/why they would be there, but it seemed kind of surprising to me.)

Epcot doesn't immediately strike me as the kind of place fundamentalists/extremely religious folks would choose to spend their time, but whatever.

This is only somewhat related, but I was at Epcot one day last winter and I saw a surprising number of fundy/hardcore/orthodox folks of numerous faiths, all on the same day. Women in niqab, girls dressed like the Duggars (long permed hair and all,) Orthodox Jewish families, and so on. It was kind of weird, especially the Amish family we saw (? I don't know enough about the Amish to comment on how/why they would be there, but it seemed kind of surprising to me.)

Epcot doesn't immediately strike me as the kind of place fundamentalists/extremely religious folks would choose to spend their time, but whatever.

Well, it IS the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow, so I hope it would be inclusive and diverse! (I love EPCOT!)

Do the toilet paper and sanitary napkins in Maxhell have bible verses on them? If not Stevehovah may found a new task for Sarah and the reversal girls.

I love Epcot!! I last went to Disney World about 4 years ago........does Epcot still have that really long ride hosted/narrated by Ellen DeGeneres? Wonder what the Munchs thought of that.....other fundies would have a seizure and probably refuse to ride....

Yes, Ellen's Energy Adventure is still there. It's a lovely place to cool off or hide from a summer storm since the ride is so long. I imagine you're right about some fundies objecting to its portrayal of dinosaurs and energy efficiency.

Well, it IS the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow, so I hope it would be inclusive and diverse! (I love EPCOT!)

Ha! Too true, I suppose you are right. I also love Epcot. :)

Ha! Too true, I suppose you are right. I also love Epcot. :)

Mr. Goalie and I were married at WDW in August. We even did our wedding portraits at Epcot. I am one of those weirdos who would go on the same vacation there every year. Heck, we might even go back twice or 3 times this year. (Annual passes came with the wedding). I worked there for 6 years. I miss it.

Archived