IGNORED

Fundie females need: anti-rape clothing

gustava

And since rape is an assault using sex as a weapon and not just sex, will the attackers be more likely to kill or otherwise hurt their victims? Will they wind up more brutalized then if they weren't wearing the "protective undies"?

Instead of multiple under-layers, fundie females can go to this!!!!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ar-we ... an-be-worn

That showed up on my newsfeed tonight. I didn't get the idea it was fundie related, given the styles and talk about being out clubbing. What I couldn't figure out was how the woman was supposed to get them off ? It didn't make much sense, or they didn't explain the concept very well. :think:

And since rape is an assault using sex as a weapon and not just sex, will the attackers be more likely to kill or otherwise hurt their victims? Will they wind up more brutalized then if they weren't wearing the "protective undies"?

Yes, and because forced oral sex would not be rape... and they'd still be "pure"??

Seems like a poor plan.

The video explained how the lock works. It also said studies show that resisting doesn't increase the violence of an attack.

Do rapists often force oral sex? It seems that would be a good way to incapacitate them.

The video explained how the lock works. It also said studies show that resisting doesn't increase the violence of an attack.

Do rapists often force oral sex? It seems that would be a good way to incapacitate them.

My first thought with regards to the lock was that when I've had a few to drink and I'm fumbling in the bathroom and have to pee really bad, I'm going to forget the damn clock combination and probably pee my pants.

There is nothing anyone should have to do, wear or say, except "no", to prevent them from being raped. Instead of focusing on dubious devices and victim blaming let's focus on preventing the perpetrators from raping in the first place.

There is nothing anyone should have to do, wear or say, except "no", to prevent them from being raped. Instead of focusing on dubious devices and victim blaming let's focus on preventing the perpetrators from raping in the first place.

yes but it is not going to change overnight. it is a slow process.

Just lay back and enjoy it, because this could be worse? :roll:

Just lay back and enjoy it, because this could be worse? :roll:

Wow, that is a HUGE leap. It's a legitimate question and concern that doesn't always have a clear cut answer for everyone in every circumstance.

You could just as easily turn it around and say that being raped is a fate worse than death so preventing it is more important than saving your life.

Is that a more enlightened attitude?

I'm not saying that fighting off an attacker, or wearing preventative underwear, is a bad idea, if you're able, but many women are concerned about the risk of increased violence, whether that risk is real or not would depend on many factors.

Shouldn't men be wearing these instead...I mean, if they somehow feel they could be in a situation where they might want to rape, a lock combination chastity belt may be a good idea to make it much harder to commit the crime. Just a thought.

I didn't watch the video, because, well, I didn't want to, but what if you get in an accident and go to the ER? Sometimes clothes have to be cut off while you're incapacitated, and not for nefarious purposes.

Shouldn't men be wearing these instead...I mean, if they somehow feel they could be in a situation where they might want to rape, a lock combination chastity belt may be a good idea to make it much harder to commit the crime. Just a thought.

A prick purse with a lock.

I read somewhere about something that was an anti-rape device they had in Africa, it was some kind of insert with nasty "teeth" so if someone tried something they'd get their penis/whatever else mangled. that seems to make more sense than some lock. But that's just me, and I'm pretty clueless when it comes to devices anyway..

Yes, there was a proposed anti-rape female condom in south Africa, but anti-rape devices don't actually do anything to address problems with rape as, for example, many if not most rapists are intimate acquaintances/spouses/boyfriends/lovers already. Also, I kind of want a source on a claim that studies show anti-rape devices don't actually increase violence, because I don't buy that.

Besides, we already lecture women condescendingly on how they should spend their lives in fear of rape, can we not add various devices that you should wear all the time or Something Bad might happen?

I want to see these "studies" that say resisting doesn't increase the violence. A dear friend resisted and almost died from the beating she received.

Archived